What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
I still don’t think they are putting any heat on Bevo.
I know what you are saying but I would hope the heat on Bev is coming form within the walls of Whitten Oval.

Attachments

• facebook_1657450189311_6951849958832083699.jpg
    facebook_1657450189311_6951849958832083699.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 65

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Slobbo and Gerard had a good 5 minute segment on us tonight. Pretty much discussed what we've all spoken about here.

Scott Gulan is going a big piece on the dogs in tomorrow's paper. They contacted Grant, Bains and Bevo for some input but they all declined.

Slobbo and Gerard had a good 5 minute segment on us tonight. Pretty much discussed what we've all spoken about here.

Scott Gulan is going a big piece on the dogs in tomorrow's paper.
Good. I hope he sticks to discussing the observable deficiencies and doesn't weaken his case by inferring a whole lot of stuff without reasonable evidence. He should leave that sort of thing to Big Footy.
They contacted Grant, Bains and Bevo for some input but they all declined.
No surprise.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would like those 3 to front up to some hard truths to be honest, they owe us that at a minimum for paying their wages to drastically underperform

These results just aren’t acceptable and if all we get as a supporter as some type of explanation is Bevo mumbling his way through some tripe about connection and a few things not going our way in the weekly members message, I’ll genuinely *ing spew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Scott Gulan is going a big piece on the dogs in tomorrow's paper. They contacted Grant, Bains and Bevo for some input but they all declined.

That's exactly the sort of accountability we members and supporters expect from the club. 🙄

Pathetic, seriously pathetic. Our media team are clearly a bunch of muppets because they've failed PR 101.

1) Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away and 2) If you don't fill the information vacuum you can guarantee somebody else will and likely make the problem worse or the journo will just make it up

D***heads.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's exactly the sort of accountability we members and supporters expect from the club. 🙄

Pathetic, seriously pathetic. Our media team are clearly a bunch of muppets because they've failed PR 101.

1) Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away and 2) If you don't fill the information vacuum you can guarantee somebody else will and likely make the problem worse or the journo will just make it up

D***heads.
Not the media teams fault. They will have their direction set by Bains and lack of access/ information denied from the footy department (Grant/Bevo).

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
Sam Landsbergers dislikes in the HS on Dogs is spot on. I wonder if Sam will be black listed by Bevo now.
I bet he probably will be……. It’s a shame that no one can challenge Bevo on any decision or on any aspect of our game style, structure, team selection or any other aspect of our football without worrying about the coach having a personal and bitter reaction. Most seem afraid to challenge him now.

I almost feel like getting up at the club AGM and asking some tough questions that the media and others inside the club don’t seem willing to ask. Maybe I cop the same treatment and being put down as someone who doesn’t really understand football but I’ve watched it long enough to know what game style works and what doesn’t. And our game style which allows the opposition to easily move the ball through the ground with chip kicks and little pressure, constantly in retreat into a defensive 50 with weak defenders who can’t defend contested marks, is never going to win finals or games against good opposition.

Our coaching is crap, our game style is weak, and when we don’t dominate the midfield we are destroyed. The lack of key defenders and defensive structure is the most glaring issue for the club, second is our ball movement into fwd 50 and goal conversion, third is ruck competitiveness. Until those three things are fixed we are going nowhere.

The media are starting to highlight it, hopefully it continues because Bevo needs to be put under some real heat and pressure to address this and the management and the board need to do their jobs and hold people to account. This season has not been good enough. The members deserve some answers.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Not the media teams fault. They will have their direction set by Bains and lack of access/ information denied from the footy department (Grant/Bevo).

It's the media team's job to provide frank and fearless advice to all in the organisation from the President to the CEO down. If they've ignored that and chosen to shut up shop then we're in deeper trouble than we realise.

It's the media team's job to provide frank and fearless advice to all in the organisation from the President to the CEO down. If they've ignored that and chosen to shut up shop then we're in deeper trouble than we realise.
+1 This.

The fact that none of the higher ups are allowing anyone to speak with the media and it's a flat out 'no' is worrying as hell.

They owe it to the fans to front up and tell us what the * is going on with the club, as opposed to me having to hear it from people who work there in a 'don't say anything but...' capacity.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In footy clubs the coach still has a massive say in player access. And I’m sure Bevo would like this to be at a minimum when it comes to media. It’s up to Grant and Bains to overwrite this as they are meant to be Bevo’s bosses. No degree of pushing back from the media manager will change this.

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
About time the media started clicking onto Bevo and his ways, and start applying the heat. Let’s see how we respond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back