Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
“During the hearing which lasted just five minutes the Caroline Springs man listened intently to the conversation between his lawyer, prosecutor and the magistrate.

Defence lawyer Chris McLennan said he was seeking the case be adjourned for a lengthy period due to a “combination of factors”.

“The brief has arrived in a digital form and my client hasn’t got access to a computer … as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...y/news-story/008ca5e6cecea5c6644ba86322e00baa

I’m kinda surprised, I thought people on remand would have access to a computer for this particular reason?
All this waiting… for a 5 minute hearing. 🤦‍♀️

“During the hearing which lasted just five minutes the Caroline Springs man listened intently to the conversation between his lawyer, prosecutor and the magistrate.

Defence lawyer Chris McLennan said he was seeking the case be adjourned for a lengthy period due to a “combination of factors”.

“The brief has arrived in a digital form and my client hasn’t got access to a computer … as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...y/news-story/008ca5e6cecea5c6644ba86322e00baa

I’m kinda surprised, I thought people on remand would have access to a computer for this particular reason?
You reckon they could have asked for that 6 months ago?

Seems he had enough access to submit an unfair dismissal claim?

The prosecution isnt ready to go either: ... as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

Those here seem quick to blame the defence.

The prosecution isnt ready to go either: ... as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

Those here seem quick to blame the defence.
I wasn’t blaming anyone for anything. Yes, the prosecution also need more time, but my comment was simply about being surprised Lynn didn’t have access to a computer. Don’t quote me and try and twist what I said.

Why are you all obsessing over this guy hahaha.

Oh hello ... we're not obsessing. It's just a very unusual and interesting case most of us are probably keen to see resolved in court faster than it looks like it's going to take. :sleepv1:

August 23 is the new date for the committal with both the prosecutor and the defence asking for more time to compile evidence etc etc. Also apparently Lynn doesn't have access to anything digital in prison and court records and evidence etc has been digital according to his lawyer. A bit of an anti climax but given the nature of the case no surprise.!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more time to compile evidence seems a bit of a strange one.

Surely all relevant evidence is well known to both parties by now. The known facts are well established.
Not really the Claremont Killings and Bradley Robert Edwards case saw a similar time frame. When you are preparing forensic evidence for prosecution there are so many factors that need to be addressed for the evidence to be legitimate. And in turn defending against that forensic evidence requires similar preparation. Forensic evidence is science based so you can imagine the complications. There are no witnesses to the murders so science will determine Lynn's guilt or innocence. If the science fails to convict Lynn (And he is guilty persee) that would be a tragedy for all involved and a murderer gets to walk free.!

Still hunting that trailer...I presume this latest from the daily mail is to try and get some publicity to try and smoke it out.........

Still hunting that trailer...I presume this latest from the daily mail is to try and get some publicity to try and smoke it out.........
I've often wondered why Lynn would actually sell the trailer if it was used in the murder, when he knows it could be tracked down later by police and used forensically against him. Most likely he put the add in Gumtree to create an alibi for it's banishment and then disposed of it in the bush somewhere. He might well have created a second alias account in Gumtree and sold it to himself before ditching it in the bush.

I've often wondered why Lynn would actually sell the trailer if it was used in the murder, when he knows it could be tracked down later by police and used forensically against him. Most likely he put the add in Gumtree to create an alibi for it's banishment and then disposed of it in the bush somewhere. He might well have created a second alias account in Gumtree and sold it to himself before ditching it in the bush.
His second username is probably GregLynn2 though.

Back