NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really? What are the cis gendered colours? I've never heard of cis gender round being called every week?
Cis gendered hetero people haven’t been opressed for millennia and thus don’t really need to be celebrated, represented snd supported in spite of what you may think is a persecution of your narrow minded field of vision. Same reason we have an indigenous round but not a white round which I get the feeling you’d be equally upset about (and yes we actually have a national men’s day but not a men’s round which im sure also bothers you)

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cis gendered hetero people haven’t been opressed for millennia and thus don’t really need to be celebrated, represented snd supported in spite of what you may think is a persecution of your narrow minded field of vision. Same reason we have an indigenous round but not a white round which I get the feeling you’d be equally upset about (and yes we actually have a national men’s day but not a men’s round which im sure also bothers you)
Actually I ain't white ... could not care less... they should just play rugby ... if not.. then they should pay these players out ... else they are fielding homophobes .... so who are the hypocrites? Not only that every club needs to let go of their religious players...

They are open about it... hence they standing down...

But playing on Sundays is all cool, oh and these blokes are inked up to the max

Yes... these hypocrites need to wear our colours or ELSE!!! ELSE we call them homophobes!!!!! HOW DARE THESE HYPOCRITE HOMOPHOBES!!!!

It’s a few colours on a jersey, that’s it. I hope they get flogged and miss the finals as a result. Might serve the players right if I were one of the others I wouldn’t be happy. These 7 have cost Manly in a game that’s must win.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Yes... these hypocrites need to wear our colours or ELSE!!! ELSE we call them homophobes!!!!! HOW DARE THESE HYPOCRITE HOMOPHOBES!!!!

People like you do seem to find the label “homophobe” so much more offensive than homophobia. Makes no sense. If homophobia was more offensive they’d wear the fking jerseys and support the queer community.

Why does it matter? Think of where the AFL was a decade ago; see how many more MEMBERS they’ve gotten since increasing inclusivity. How much MONEY is inclusivity worth?

And how safer is it for everyone (queers & families) that someone is dealt with if they yell “NTTAWWT” or “f**” these days. NRL can’t claim to be that progressive while it’s players are holding out.

Doesn’t matter how you argue it, your on the wrong side of history and the wrong side of public opinion. Most of Twitter (left leaning, I know) wants the 7 sacked.

You’re right, they’re entitled to their views. But their views are rubbish, because they pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow. Which means the bible isn’t the issue, much as they’ll try and use it as a shield- queer people are.

I’m of an age where we were taught about the NTTAWWTter grim reaper who was coming to kill you and your family. I understand these players weren’t, but someone should be educating them. Cos I’m boycotting they show why still so hard to be out and to be safe, especially in a sporting context.

This is why athletes so rarely come out. Based on pure statistics, there’s gotta be at least 100 gay players in the mens AFL & NRL competition - this bullshit is why we don’t know about them, it’s why they aren’t confident that the community is ready to support them as potential community leaders in the LGBTQIA+ community, it’s why they hide.

It’s a few colours on a jersey, that’s it. I hope they get flogged and miss the finals as a result. Might serve the players right if I were one of the others I wouldn’t be happy. These 7 have cost Manly in a game that’s must win.

Manly (the club/administration) should be thanking their lucky stars they don’t have a womens team, or the jobs of these 7 would’ve been untenable.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
One thing RL does better than AFL in regards inclusivity/etc....racism. It still rears its head in the AFL, and many cases of it going back 5, 10, 20 years, whereas I can't think of the NRL ever facing such (??), not just recently but decades and decades back. Which is odd given AR is a big part of indigenous communities Australia-wide (WA, SA, NT) where RL never much existed.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
No... it's people like you that find it offensive... people like me find it meaningless because it no longer has any meaning the way it is used these days...

The fk would I be offended by the word?

I was right in my first post. You champ, are a moron, and you arent even making sense.

And believe me, representation means a fking lot to queer kids who dont feel represented on tv, in sport, in politics, in indstry.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
No... it's people like you that find it offensive... people like me find it meaningless because it no longer has any meaning the way it is used these days...
The way the word homophobe is used these days renders it meaningless…

Of all the really really dumb s**t said on big footy this might take the cake.

Try, just foe a second, to imagine you’re a young lad confused about your sexuality, playing league on the northern beaches. You think about Ian Roberts and remember that was accepted and loved within the football community. Then you wake up today and see seven players from the team you love and support are choosing to not play this weekend instead of wearing the pride jumper. How do you think you’d feel? Imagine if a handful of white religious zealots refused to wear the indigenous jumper (quoting some of the sections of the Bible that forbid race mixing) how would that go down?

Football is more than just a sport and for many kids it’s a community that helps them to find a safe space with friends who share a passion Aussie rules likely saved me from a life of god knows what.

These players can absolutely refuse to wear this jumper if that’s their stand but let’s not pretend it’s because the Bible tells them homosexuality is wrong. It is pure blatant homophobia and in 2022 that just doesn’t get tolerated anymore your opinion on the meaning of the word is utterly irrelevant to the community it affects most.

Why do their queer members need representation ? Where are the colours for the cis ? When is cis gender round?
Well you seem very confused about what those words mean.
Cis gender is not the opposite of queer, you can be queer and cis.

You should probably stick to using words you know the meaning of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Kevin proctor sacked for streaming himself vaping in the toilets at the ground at half time in a game he wasn’t even playing in…

Amazing
What's amazing is this has completely slipped under the radar.

No code can self capitulate as well as the NRL, that's for sure.

As for the Manly 7, the mind boggles.

The way the word homophobe is used these days renders it meaningless…

Of all the really really dumb s**t said on big footy this might take the cake.

Try, just foe a second, to imagine you’re a young lad confused about your sexuality, playing league on the northern beaches. You think about Ian Roberts and remember that was accepted and loved within the football community. Then you wake up today and see seven players from the team you love and support are choosing to not play this weekend instead of wearing the pride jumper. How do you think you’d feel? Imagine if a handful of white religious zealots refused to wear the indigenous jumper (quoting some of the sections of the Bible that forbid race mixing) how would that go down?

Football is more than just a sport and for many kids it’s a community that helps them to find a safe space with friends who share a passion Aussie rules likely saved me from a life of god knows what.

These players can absolutely refuse to wear this jumper if that’s their stand but let’s not pretend it’s because the Bible tells them homosexuality is wrong. It is pure blatant homophobia and in 2022 that just doesn’t get tolerated anymore your opinion on the meaning of the word is utterly irrelevant to the community it affects most.

Furthermore for a lot of these individuals sport is their place they can be accepted no matter what. I don’t feel these players realise how much damage their views can have. Honestly wouldn’t want to be a sponsor of Manly today either do you realise how bad this looks…

I don't think they'll mind. Any publicity is good publicity. Pointsbet know they're a gambling sponsor, having their name constantly dragged up in association can only be a good thing for them.

Maybe, hardly think bad publicity is going to draw new sponsors anyway.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think they'll mind. Any publicity is good publicity. Pointsbet know they're a gambling sponsor, having their name constantly dragged up in association can only be a good thing for them.
I doubt given the saturation and NRL fandom utilization this will cost them much of that market.

Could it impact on the gay crowds gambling app choices? Maybe

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Looks like the Manly fans have spoken

20220726_104510.jpg

Kevin proctor sacked for streaming himself vaping in the toilets at the ground at half time in a game he wasn’t even playing in…

Amazing

it literally says in his contract you cant do it.

should be sacked for stupidity alone.

Back