Prediction The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

So strange that the media dont rate us in the final 3 rounds. We beat Melbourne comfortable and Carlton already. I was more worried about boggy teams GWS and Hawks, and Essendon given they play strong 2nd halves of the year the past 5 years or so. But then again they wont be aware of the boggy teams unless they barrack for us like a Tony Jones

So strange that the media dont rate us in the final 3 rounds. We beat Melbourne comfortable and Carlton already. I was more worried about boggy teams GWS and Hawks, and Essendon given they play strong 2nd halves of the year the past 5 years or so. But then again they wont be aware of the boggy teams unless they barrack for us like a Tony Jones
I assume you mean "bogey" teams but on reflection your term is more fitting

4. COLLINGWOOD (13-5, 106.2%)

TAB ODDS: Premier: $15, Top 8: $1.01, Top 4: $3

R20: Port Adelaide (MCG) W

R21: Melbourne (MCG) W

R22: Sydney (SCG) L

R23: Carlton (MCG) W

Predicted finish: 3rd

Top-four Pies? Collingwood fans are dreaming as much, after an incredible ninth-straight win over Essendon on Sunday. The self-belief in the Magpies’ playing group is admirable and has the potential to take them a long way this season. They sit fourth on the ladder for now, but to stay there and earn the finals double chance they are going to need three more wins from a tough run home. Collingwood will start favourites against Port Adelaide this week and has already beaten Melbourne and Carlton this season, so three more wins is entirely possible. Jordan De Goey’s return from a quad injury this week should help that cause. Dare to dream.

The Age reports our final round game against Carlton is to be held in the much coveted (🙄) Sunday 3:20 pm timeslot.

This means that, out of the 13 games that were part of the ‘floating fixture’ this year we’ve had to play 7 of them on Sundays.

Only to be expected when you’re languishing in {checks notes} 4th position and playing in thrillers every single week.

Magpies and arch rival Blues to lock horns in late round 23 blockbuster

Nobody giving us a chance over last 3 weeks. Pretenders like freo continue to be rated on a different level to the pies. Hilarious stuff. Have they actually looked at the pies record v the current top 8 this year?

Geel - yes we caved late, but good enough to lead them by 37 late in 3rd quarter

Melb - beat them comfortably after being the better team all day in general play

Bris - got within 7 pts at the Gabba early in year when they were up and about

Freo - destroyed them in Perth

Carlton - hung on after being in front all day and still 4 goals up with 6 mins to play

St kilda - funny game round 1, all over them early, let them back in and then nailed them again

Swans - play in 3 weeks

Very competitive or beaten every team currently in the 8 that we’ve played. Not the profile of a team just making up numbers in finals. But happy for all these muppets in the media to keep believing it

I think we’ll win two, if we’re lucky three and finish fifth or sixth and considering where we all thought we were at the start of the season, then god we’ve done well and what a great first year of the rebuild this has been.

I think, think we’ll beat two of blues, port or sydney and lose to Melbourne (we surely won’t beat them twice will we?) and one of those other games we’ll drop, not sure which one. But, the way we same to keep winning who knows. Would love a home final at the G if we can keep it coming!

I think we’ll win two, if we’re lucky three and finish fifth or sixth and considering where we all thought we were at the start of the season, then god we’ve done well and what a great first year of the rebuild this has been.

I think, think we’ll beat two of blues, port or sydney and lose to Melbourne (we surely won’t beat them twice will we?) and one of those other games we’ll drop, not sure which one. But, the way we same to keep winning who knows. Would love a home final at the G if we can keep it coming!
Pfft. We'll win them all. The streak will continue.

4. COLLINGWOOD (13-5, 106.2%)

TAB ODDS: Premier: $15, Top 8: $1.01, Top 4: $3

R20: Port Adelaide (MCG) W

R21: Melbourne (MCG) W

R22: Sydney (SCG) L

R23: Carlton (MCG) W

Predicted finish: 3rd

Top-four Pies? Collingwood fans are dreaming as much, after an incredible ninth-straight win over Essendon on Sunday. The self-belief in the Magpies’ playing group is admirable and has the potential to take them a long way this season. They sit fourth on the ladder for now, but to stay there and earn the finals double chance they are going to need three more wins from a tough run home. Collingwood will start favourites against Port Adelaide this week and has already beaten Melbourne and Carlton this season, so three more wins is entirely possible. Jordan De Goey’s return from a quad injury this week should help that cause. Dare to dream.
I have a sneaking suspicion we reduce other teams to our game plan, and fly has it more sorted than we realise. This said, I suspect the results against "lower" teams are an artifact of us continually overcoming adversity. Come the end of the year, the results stands, and not how it comes about.

As for the swans game, they are incredibly hot and cold, and the tigers had them beaten before the inevitable "doing a Richmond" collapse. Given Essendon torched the swans, I don't think they are as dangerous as they are perceived, and it's always a huge wank fest over them for some reason. They beat the dockers in Perth. Wow. So did we and the saints. Dockers are overrated, too.

As for the Carlton game being on a Sunday arvo, we beat them in the same timeslot last time. The Dees have been putrid on the Friday night lights, except for beating an insipid Brisbane at the G. Given they collapsed against the doggies this week, I think the baton has passed. Given the cats often collapse in finals, who does that leave to win the whole thing?

I will leave humble posters, to do the math 😎

Kane cornes saying on footy classified were out in straight sets if we make top 4. Lol absolute fool.

I think we win 3 out of the next 4 and make top 4 but it could come at the cost of a belting from maybe Melbourne which will wake us up in time for finals. We've become a bit too comfortable relying on comebacks. Sydney and Carlton don't worry me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody giving us a chance over last 3 weeks. Pretenders like freo continue to be rated on a different level to the pies. Hilarious stuff. Have they actually looked at the pies record v the current top 8 this year?

Geel - yes we caved late, but good enough to lead them by 37 late in 3rd quarter

Melb - beat them comfortably after being the better team all day in general play

Bris - got within 7 pts at the Gabba early in year when they were up and about

Freo - destroyed them in Perth

Carlton - hung on after being in front all day and still 4 goals up with 6 mins to play

St kilda - funny game round 1, all over them early, let them back in and then nailed them again

Swans - play in 3 weeks

Very competitive or beaten every team currently in the 8 that we’ve played. Not the profile of a team just making up numbers in finals. But happy for all these muppets in the media to keep believing it
We have only played two half decent sides this year - Footscray and Richmond. Credit to our players and coaching staff, but there have been some bog average teams we have confronted this season.

Not our fault other sides are unable to produce decent footy, may well it continue 🤣

In a two man contest ‘job done’ is job done.

Last edited:
Kane cornes saying on footy classified were out in straight sets if we make top 4. Lol absolute fool.

I think we win 3 out of the next 4 and make top 4 but it could come at the cost of a belting from maybe Melbourne which will wake us up in time for finals. We've become a bit too comfortable relying on comebacks. Sydney and Carlton don't worry me.
Why is he a fool? On current form we will be lucky to make top 4. We are just getting by against bottom teams, still lack serious talent. An objective view is we aren’t playing great, just scraping wins against bottom teams, and our list is certainly on paper not top 4. We’ve done well to hopefully make finals, and you’ve got to be in it to win it. But objectively we aren’t one of the best teams, and one of them generally ends up winning. If we put ourselves in finals contention sure, anything can happen. We’d have to improve our current form however. Midfield getting soundly best and lack of talls. It’s still an issue. Our percentage is an indicator of all this.

Sorry to be that guy - Bulldogs smashed us.
For one quarter and they jumped us in a twenty odd, low Rex fontages
We have only played two half decent sides this year - Footscray and Richmond. Credit to our players and coaching staff, but there have been some bog average teams we have confronted this season.

Not our fault other sides are unable to produce decent footy, may well it continue 🤣

In a two man contest ‘job done’ is job done.
Why are the two decent sides the ones who best us?

My dream now is we win the flag then the players turn their backs on any AFL big wig comes out to speak during presentations.

Agreed, like most people I am astonished at the season to date. However If I was a player, I would want to capitalise on the hard work and luck and do some damage in the finals. Otherwise, it is a wasted opportunity. I am pretty confident in the way the coaching group have prepared the boys all year so I suspect the internal expectations have shifted.
Great mindset to have, and I’m with you. I would feel like I don’t want to waste all the hard work put in and see it go to waste with an impotent final series.

But I genuinely believe Fly and he has repeated it consistently that he’s got this playing group playing it one week at a time, not worrying about next week, and the focus being on the little things done right, and what could be done better. Don’t reckon they’re even talking finals and what has passed.

Whether your/my mindset or Fly’s/playing group’s mindset is the right one is a different story.

Cornes is a knuckle dragger and never forget he started this sh1tstorm for Ginni.
Why is he a fool? On current form we will be lucky to make top 4. We are just getting by against bottom teams, still lack serious talent. An objective view is we aren’t playing great, just scraping wins against bottom teams, and our list is certainly on paper not top 4. We’ve done well to hopefully make finals, and you’ve got to be in it to win it. But objectively we aren’t one of the best teams, and one of them generally ends up winning. If we put ourselves in finals contention sure, anything can happen. We’d have to improve our current form however. Midfield getting soundly best and lack of talls. It’s still an issue. Our percentage is an indicator of all this.
LOL I notice you bailed out by using generally instead of always but your implication was nevertheless always.

I have one date for you.

GF day 1958.

Cornes is a knuckle dragger and never forget he started this sh1tstorm for Ginni.

LOL I notice you bailed out by using generally instead of always but your implication was nevertheless always.

I have one date for you.

GF day 1958.
Not sure of your argument? We aren’t the best team, stats prove generally the best teams, and those in top 4 go on to win. As it stands I don’t see us finishing top 4 with our draw, nor do I see us having the best list capable of winning the flag. Can it be done? Of course it can, but we’d have to steal it. Doggies proved it can be done in 2016. I’m just being objective and stating the obvious. We are scraping by and have holes to fill in the off season. Making finals is a huge achievement by mcrae with our current list.

Not sure of your argument? We aren’t the best team, stats prove generally the best teams, and those in top 4 go on to win. As it stands I don’t see us finishing top 4 with our draw, nor do I see us having the best list capable of winning the flag. Can it be done? Of course it can, but we’d have to steal it. Doggies proved it can be done in 2016. I’m just being objective and stating the obvious. We are scraping by and have holes to fill in the off season. Making finals is a huge achievement by mcrae with our current list.
You still don't get it do you?

HEART and THE TEAM win GF's.

Talent and skill will get you there but if the opposition has unshakeable desire and belief in themselves you are in trouble.

I would be astonished if we make the big dance this year but your dismissal of underdog teams is superficial thinking.

What did you think of the doggies chances in '16???

If you didn't understand the 1958 GF reference then you have no idea of your own teams history and the lessons it has learnt.

Oh no my friend 1970 taught me irrevocably that the best team is NEVER a certainty.

You still don't get it do you?

HEART and THE TEAM win GF's.

Talent and skill will get you there but if the opposition has unshakeable desire and belief in themselves you are in trouble.

I would be astonished if we make the big dance this year but your dismissal of underdog teams is superficial thinking.

What did you think of the doggies chances in '16???

If you didn't understand the 1958 GF reference then you have no idea of your own teams history and the lessons it has learnt.

Oh no my friend 1970 taught me irrevocably that the best team is NEVER a certainty.
agree
GF is won by the best team in september. injuries, luck and belief. just got to set yourself up for a tilt at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back