NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 28th July
Manly-Warringah vs Sydney Roosters (4 Pines Park - 19:50)

Friday 29th July
New Zealand vs Melbourne (Mt Smart Stadium- 18:00)
Parramatta vs Penrith (CommBank Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 30th July
Gold Coast vs Canberra (Cbus Super Stadium - 15:00)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs South Sydney (PointsBet Stadium - 17:30)
Brisbane vs Wests Tigers (Suncorp Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 31st July
Newcastle vs Canterbury-Bankstown (McDonald Jones Stadium - 14:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs North Queensland (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 16:05)

Tipping Comp Page

Sea Eagles: With Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Tolutau Koula, Josh Aloiai, Haumole Olakau'atu, Toafofoa Sipley and Josh Schuster standing themselves down due to personal beliefs, the Sea Eagles will have two debutants on the wing in Pio Seci and Alfred Smalley, while prop Kurt de Luis and second-rower Ethan Bullemor also join the starting side.
Forward leader Jake Trbojevic, hooker Lachlan Croker and back-rower Andrew Davey all return after missing Round 19 due to COVID while Sean Keppie has been named on the bench despite suffering a shoulder injury against the Dragons. He is joined on the bench by James Segeyaro in his first NRL game for the club, Martin Taupau and Morgan Boyle.
Roosters: Star centre Joey Manu (quad) is back on deck so Drew Hutchison slides to the bench. Maroons prop Lindsay Collins' return from the concussion he suffered in Origin Three sees Matt Lodge go to the interchange. Terrell May and Adam Keighran are the two men to drop off the bench.

Warriors: Stacey Jones has opted for another spine reshuffle, with Reece Walsh returning to fullback after playing just 14 minutes off the interchange last week. Chanel Harris-Tavita reverts to five-eighth and Daejarn Asi drops out of the 17. Jesse Arthars (thigh strain) is out so Marcelo Montoya moves from the wing to centre and Ed Kosi returns to the side on the flank. Prop Jackson Frei is named on the bench for his first game since 2020.
Storm: Craig Bellamy has named an unchanged starting 13. Jordan Grant is the new face on the bench in place of Tom Eisenhuth, who goes to the reserves.

Eels: Bryce Cartwright makes his return from a rib injury on the interchange, with Jakob Arthur the player to make way, although he remains in the reserves. Halfback Mitchell Moses requires just five points against the Panthers to hit 1000 career points.
Panthers: Stephen Crichton will miss the game after suffering a laceration to his left ear against the Sharks which required plastic surgery last week. His place in the centres is taken by Robert Jennings. Five-eighth Jarome Luai is out with a knee injury, replaced by Sean O'Sullivan. After being a late withdrawal in Round 19, prop Moses Leota is listed among the reserves while Charlie Staines has been added to the bench in place of the injured Mitch Kenny (knee).

Titans: Captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui moves to prop in order for Erin Clark to start at lock, following a couple of impressive outings as a middle forward. Isaac Liu is the man to make way, moving to the interchange which once again includes Jayden Campbell. Brian Kelly takes Corey Thompson's spot in the 17, assuming a centre spot which means Patrick Herbert moves out to the wing. Kevin Proctor has been released from his commitments with the club for the remainder of the year after he was sanctioned on Monday.
Raiders: Ricky Stuart has stuck with the same 17 that got the job done against the Warriors, with two-try hero Corey Harawira-Naera remaining on the bench. Semi Valemei has been included in the reserves after missing time with a knee injury, while there's no sign of youngster James Schiller (ankle) in the squad.

Sharks: Craig Fitzgibbon named an unchanged side but Dale Finucane's two-game ban for Dangerous Contact on Tuesday night will likely see Cameron McInnes join the starting side.
Rabbitohs: Mark Nicholls is out injured, replaced at prop by Daniel Suluka-Fifita who comes into the starting side after being 18th Man last week. Taane Milne is listed among the reserves as he looks to return from a finger inis a good chance of returning from a finger injury.

Broncos: Origin winger Selwyn Cobbo (concussion) remains sidelined but Billy Walters (hip) is back on deck at hooker so Jake Turpin goes to the reserves. Delouise Hoeter replaces Jordan Periera (illness) on the wing while Deine Mariner makes his debut at centre pushing Brenko Lee to the reserves. Te Maire Martin has been named 18th Man as he nears a return from a rib injury.
Tigers: Alex Seyfarth comes into the back row for Luke Garner in the only change to the starting 13 that lost in heartbreaking circumstances to the Cowboys. Austin Dias is the new face on the bench. Interim coach Brett Kimmorley missed the Cowboys game after testing positive to COVID but he'll be back calling the shots this week, along with football boss Tim Sheens.

Knights: Kalyn Ponga will miss the game after suffering another concussion against the Roosters while Lachlan Fitzgibbon (shoulder) is also out. Tex Hoy is the new fullback and Brodie Jones joins the pack. Mat Croker is the new man on the bench. Kurt Mann (leg) and Dominic Young (back/ribs) are listed among the reserves as they look to return after missing the Roosters game.
Bulldogs: Jake Averillo (COVID protocols) returns in the No.1 jersey so Declan Casey goes to the reserves list. Back-rower Raymond Faitala-Mariner is out with a rib cartlage injury so Josh Jackson goes to lock and Jackson Topine comes into the side in the second row. Corey Waddell was found guilty of dangerous contact at the judiciary on Tuesday night and was hit with a five-match ban so Mick Potter will need to find a replacement in the second row.

Dragons: Fullback Cody Ramsey is set to miss two games with a knee injury so the versatile Moses Mbye takes the No.1 jersey, Jack Bird goes to centre, Tariq Sims comes into the starting side at lock and Aaron Woods joins the bench. With Jayden Sullivan sidelined by a shoulder injury Tyrell Sloan gets a recall on the bench for his first game since Round 10.
Cowboys: Todd Payten has named the same 17 that snuck past Wests Tigers. Reuben Cotter's rehabilitation from the hamstring injury he suffered during the warm-up for the Round 15 clash with Manly is progressing well and he's a chance to join the 17 on game day after being named in the reserves.

Last edited:

Could almost bring myself to cheering for the Roosters this weekend, hahahahahahahaha I almost said that with a straight face. Lets just hope the ground explodes or something

I'm the same, now give me the tequila please

Does anyone know where I can find a % breakdown of the 'highest scoring half' in NRL matches?

I.e.
How often the '1st half' produces the highest total;
How often the '2nd half' produces the highest total;
How often the halves are equal scoring?

I'm after a season by season breakdown if possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Still don't understand why Manly apologised for the Jersey their intent was good and should be applauded, they definitely shouldn't be apologising to the bigoted 7. Hope they get beaten this week and the team ostracise the bigoted 7 for their prehistoric views that make them miss the finals by 2 points

jpmelb7

Debutant
Jun 22, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Thursday I assume we find out who the bigoted 7 are
Shall I accuse you of Religious Intolerance? Tolerance works both ways. An individuals faith can mean as much to them as an individuals sexuality. So next week if a team decides to wear a jersey with crucifixes all over it or crescent moons all players should be forced to wear it?

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Shall I accuse you of Religious Intolerance? Tolerance works both ways. An individuals faith can mean as much to them as an individuals sexuality.

Feel free to accuse all you want, They also play on the day of the sabbath, Not to mention the 7 players are covered in Tattoos. Leviticus 19.28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."
Such hypocrisy. Using verses of their mythical book that suit them and ignoring others.

Just using "Religious and cultural beliefs" as a cover for what is pure bigotry and homophobia

jpmelb7

Debutant
Jun 22, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feel free to accuse all you want, They also play on the day of the sabbath, Not to mention the 7 players are covered in Tattoos. Leviticus 19.28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."
Such hypocrisy. Using verses of their mythical book that suit them and ignoring others.

Just using "Religious and cultural beliefs" as a cover for what is pure bigotry and homophobia
Because the LBGTQI community are so tolerant and respectful that they dress up as Priests/Nuns and openly mock Christianity during Mardi Gras. Again, respect is a two way street.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure why we have to celebrate people's sexual preferences. If your bi or gay, good. If your heterosexual, good. Who gives a s**t but why is Australia shoving it in our faces and making us own it.
Nailed it.
But I guess the reason is social messaging via entertainment (sport, movies, tv).
Propaganda to re-educate the masses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back