Discussion 2022 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, traded him to Mr Average long ago, one of about 12 trades I've *ed up this year

View attachment 1450685

Sad Kristen Bell GIF
1642291332745.gif

You must have got most of your starting picks right to jump on the likes of Crouch? Assume you got him when Steele went down? Did you trade him out again?

SC is often the case of the rich getting richer. If you get the starting picks right, then you have the luxury to take risks on the players like Cameron and HH, while other coaches have to decide on them or getting the good players that you started.
Oh yeah, I forgot about DC - brought him 2 weeks after BG went down once the role looked solid.

I screwed up many early picks mate; talked myself out of Sic, Hewett, Witts and Brodie - Sic took me until rd 10 to organise and I traded hard early to right the other wrongs.

What I did get right was the rookies, which meant I could swap them at their peaks and upgrade middies like Berry, Xerri, Chapman pretty early on instead to premiums.

I took Crouch when Steele went and plucked Anderson just before he started to return tons - had loop options since rd 13 and been able to use them most w/ends, not always for the best, mind.

He is still there, this week he'll be M9, but ready to step in should the need or the draw dictate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not arguing with you, but...(I'm totally arguing with you lol)

He had the Round 14 bye. It made sense to hold him till then and then trade him for a guy that had the Round 12 or 13 bye. That was my plan.

Then he scored over 110 in Rounds 12 and 13. His BE alone made him worth holding through his bye.

Then he went fricken ballistic.

So all of this 'trading him when I traded him was the right move without the benefit of hindsight' is bunkum IMO. Y'all are kidding yourselves. You weren't planning properly through the byes or you couldn't see the writing on the wall.

Calling it as I see it
This is throwing a dart at the wall then painting the bullseye around it.

You were planning on trading him like everyone else did, but his scoring improved. If his scoring had picked up after the bye you would be in the same position as everyone else. This is good fortune. It happens in SC. Combine luck with good decisions and you have a good year.

Call it whatever you like, I call it luck.

This is throwing a dart at the wall then painting the bullseye around it.

You were planning on trading him like everyone else did, but his scoring improved. If his scoring had picked up after the bye you would be in the same position as everyone else. This is good fortune. It happens in SC. Combine luck with good decisions and you have a good year.

Call it whatever you like, I call it luck.

I hear what you are saying, and I kind of agree with you, but after NOD copped his LTI, then if you didn't hold ND till Round 14, I don't really understand how you were effectively managing the byes. Because those trades that hop over a bye are key, IMO, and I dunno who else you were using in Round 14. There were heaps in Round 13 (McCartin, SDK, Rosas, McComb, etc etc) and bugger all in Round 14 if my memory serves. Trading ND before the byes in that light was a spud act. From there, you are absolutely right and if either of those first two byes scores had been sub tons then I would have traded him. But now you are trying to replace hypotheticals with the cold hard history to justify your stance mate, because that isn't what happened, and you should have still been an owner when he started cooking with gas IMO

I hear what you are saying, and I kind of agree with you, but after NOD copped his LTI, then if you didn't hold ND till Round 14, I don't really understand how you were effectively managing the byes. Because those trades that hop over a bye are key, IMO, and I dunno who else you were using in Round 14. There were heaps in Round 13 (McCartin, SDK, Rosas, McComb, etc etc) and bugger all in Round 14 if my memory serves. Trading ND before the byes in that light was a spud act. From there, you are absolutely right and if either of those first two byes scores had been sub tons then I would have traded him. But now you are trying to replace hypotheticals with the cold hard history to justify your stance mate, because that isn't what happened, and you should have still been an owner when he started cooking with gas IMO
Should I have held CMac and Ward until their byes? That would have been effective bye management wouldn't it? I traded them because their scoring didn't justify holding them.

I traded Daicos at round 8 as his average was higher than his BE (I think, it was close anyway). Even if I held until his bye he was still priced lower then. It's only his big score's after the bye which have justified holding. It could easily have gone the other way ( and usually does with first year rookies). But it didn't. I got it wrong. s**t happens.

1658306723362.png

Should I have held CMac and Ward until their byes? That would have been effective bye management wouldn't it? I traded them because their scoring didn't justify holding them.

I traded Daicos at round 8 as his average was higher than his BE (I think, it was close anyway). Even if I held until his bye he was still priced lower then. It's only his big score's after the bye which have justified holding. It could easily have gone the other way ( and usually does with first year rookies). But it didn't. I got it wrong. s**t happens.

View attachment 1451425

Lol I pissed off Ward very early in the piece.

I'll be honest, my day at work put me in the mood to have a beer and then the beer put me in the mood to have an argument.

Thank you for indulging me.

Much love

Lol I pissed off Ward very early in the piece.

I'll be honest, my day at work put me in the mood to have a beer and then the beer put me in the mood to have an argument.

Thank you for indulging me.

Much love
Haha no problem. In this soldiers humble opinion one of the biggest issue's today is that people can't dis-agree civilly. Everything has become black and white. Your team vs my team etc. I don't take offence at people disagreeing with me*.

And Little Nicky is a star who I may well start next year and will probably pick for the next decade. I might even grow to love him like I love Jack Macrae. Time will tell.

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

* Except anti-vaxxers, I ******* can't stand anti-vaxxers.

This decision is crap. The game result should be reversed, not adjusted. Seriously

Haha no problem. In this soldiers humble opinion one of the biggest issue's today is that people can't dis-agree civilly. Everything has become black and white. Your team vs my team etc. I don't take offence at people disagreeing with me*.

And Little Nicky is a star who I may well start next year and will probably pick for the next decade. I might even grow to love him like I love Jack Macrae. Time will tell.

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

* Except anti-vaxxers, I ******* can't stand anti-vaxxers.

Well there you go...I disagree with you on this.....I don't have a problem with the AV's.

It's their choice and their bodies and before the COVID cr*p hit us, I have never had a flu jab in my life, and I've been here more than 70 yrs, but I chose to have my 2 Covid jabs, only because various Govs, deemed it necessary if I wanted to travel.
The decisions you make in life have consequences and you have to live by them, and begeesus I've made a few bad ones, but I don't believe anyone has the right to tell me what I should do with my body. That's my choice and my decision.

And PS: I've never had flu or COVID in my life.

And I think I did that pretty civilly.....;)

Jiska ....you'll appreciate this ....not sure whether you agree with Gerard Healy, on this :moustache:

The AFL is “cannibalising” its own product with questionable fixture choices​

Last Saturday night I sat down to watch the footy frustrated, in fact, a touch angry.

In 2022 we are still, as a code, cannibalising our own product and the AFL are dividing the audience, too often asking us to sit down and pick and choose.

Last Saturday night was the perfect case in point - Carlton v Geelong or Freo v Sydney.

Both games were worthy of everyone’s sole focus. Even if you barracked for one of the sides, most people would be interested in the result of the other game.

If you’re a neutral, you want to absolutely watch them both.

It happens way too often on a Saturday night, and again on Sunday where there’s always the crossover game. The middle game starts before the first game finishes and it ends at half-time of the third game.

It’s a mess.

This Saturday night we again have two big games as far as the make-up of the finals is concerned.

The Q-Clash (Brisbane v Gold Coast) versus the Grand Final replay (Western Bulldogs v Melbourne).

We shouldn’t have to choose, and if Thursday night had footy every week, the problem is solved.

Well there you go...I disagree with you on this.....I don't have a problem with the AV's.

It's their choice and their bodies and before the COVID cr*p hit us, I have never had a flu jab in my life, and I've been here more than 70 yrs, but I chose to have my 2 Covid jabs, only because various Govs, deemed it necessary if I wanted to travel.
The decisions you make in life have consequences and you have to live by them, and begeesus I've made a few bad ones, but I don't believe anyone has the right to tell me what I should do with my body. That's my choice and my decision.

And PS: I've never had flu or COVID in my life.

And I think I did that pretty civilly.....;)
That was the most urbane refutation I have come across - completely egocentric in the sense that the AV mob could still pass Covid OR effing MEASLES to others and the mandates were/are about community, not conscription, but very mild-mannered nonetheless.

This decision is crap. The game result should be reversed, not adjusted. Seriously
BS, best team won, even with the 10 minute penalty of no score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back