Duck and Lift!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been holding the ball. Ducks in his usual manner which is his prior, then drops the ball like a hot spud. Essendon should be the ones wanting the apology.
Go and listen to the greatest man to ever be in charge of your club to learn about how wrong you are.

Leigh Matthews has perfectly summed up this whole farce, no need for further comment.

Go and listen to the greatest man to ever be in charge of your club to learn about how wrong you are.

Leigh Matthews has perfectly summed up this whole farce, no need for further comment.

I wonder if Mr Mathews is the right person to make such a comment on this issue.
Did he feel sick and lose sleep when broke the jaw of Neville Bruns?
Did he feel sick and lose sleep over his head high hit on Barry Cable in a state game.
Mr Mathews was no angel during his playing days.
I am not sure Mr Mathews that you are entitled to make that sort of comment.

Like anyone gives a shite what Matthews feelings are about high contact....jesus, he's retired players hitting them from behind...

I wonder if Mr Mathews is the right person to make such a comment on this issue.
Did he feel sick and lose sleep when broke the jaw of Neville Bruns?
Did he feel sick and lose sleep over his head high hit on Barry Cable in a state game.
Mr Mathews was no angel during his playing days.
I am not sure Mr Mathews that you are entitled to make that sort of comment.
this is a ridiculous argument. so any commentator who has transgressed in any way half a life time ago is now unqualified to comment on certain matters. Should we go through the list of all the commentators and see whose left? or do you only want to cancel out those who disagree with you?

this is a ridiculous argument. so any commentator who has transgressed in any way half a life time ago is now unqualified to comment on certain matters. Should we go through the list of all the commentators and see whose left? or do you only want to cancel out those who disagree with you?
Just a case of people in glass houses and stones.
Maybe he forgot that we remember.

I did and he was. So when's he allowed an opinion again? when it matches yours?

It has been awhile since Lethal was an astute observer of the game.

Clearcut for me. Ginnivan tried his utmost to obtain head high contact. No free to him. Ginnivan had a shocking game showing how reliant his game is on dubious tactics. He needs to find a legit way to contribute or he will be out of the side.

April 25 wasn't that far back was it? even for you to remember? Thats the real reason the Bomber fans have sand in the crack

you think we care about ANZAC day? ahaha

you clearly care more than we / i do.

win some lose some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been awhile since Lethal was an astute observer of the game.

Clearcut for me. Ginnivan tried his utmost to obtain head high contact. No free to him. Ginnivan had a shocking game showing how reliant his game is on dubious tactics. He needs to find a legit way to contribute or he will be out of the side.
how long?

I hate the Bulldogs as much as anyone I know mainly due to to the pathetic grubs they've had on their list for years now that duck and flop every chance they get - Mclean, Hunter, Weightman, Dunkley (though much less frequent). When even the Doggies supporters are on the side that Ginnivan is a diving hack you know the kids absolutely trying to rort the system.

His first instinct is to put himself in a position so farcical and compromised that if his flopping tactics fail he's no longer able to dispose of the ball because he's swung his arm up above his head to get the tacklers arm to neck level.

You can critique Selwood, Shuey, Hunter, all the usual culprits... Even Harry Mckay at times...but at least these players have a back up plan. Selwood is still always ready to get rid of the ball if he's not paid the free, Hunter will do his best but still a quality player outside of his flopping. Ginnivan doesn't even attempt to play footy, just pick it up and charge head first into the nearest defenders forearm.

If I was his coach I'd never play him again. Utterly embarrassing for Collingwood, a team that's meant to be tough and uncompromising.

I hate the Bulldogs as much as anyone I know mainly due to to the pathetic grubs they've had on their list for years now that duck and flop every chance they get - Mclean, Hunter, Weightman, Dunkley (though much less frequent). When even the Doggies supporters are on the side that Ginnivan is a diving hack you know the kids absolutely trying to rort the system.

His first instinct is to put himself in a position so farcical and compromised that if his flopping tactics fail he's no longer able to dispose of the ball because he's swung his arm up above his head to get the tacklers arm to neck level.

You can critique Selwood, Shuey, Hunter, all the usual culprits... Even Harry Mckay at times...but at least these players have a back up plan. Selwood is still always ready to get rid of the ball if he's not paid the free, Hunter will do his best but still a quality player outside of his flopping. Ginnivan doesn't even attempt to play footy, just pick it up and charge head first into the nearest defenders forearm.

If I was his coach I'd never play him again. Utterly embarrassing for Collingwood, a team that's meant to be tough and uncompromising.
Thats why he's a coach of the year and your insignificance is monumental

Thats why he's a coach of the year and your insignificance is monumental
Always enjoy having a brief look through a post history to see a few gems like this...

"Couldn't give a stuff who won long as it wasn't that ducking whining mummy's sook Selwood"

"Yeah they won't address the disgraceful ducking from your spuds"

"I despise Geelong and their ducking whinging captain"

"Fans defending of the ducking tactic is just puerile now"

Ginnivan is exactly what you described. A disgrace to the game.

Always enjoy having a brief look through a post history to see a few gems like this...

"Couldn't give a stuff who won long as it wasn't that ducking whining mummy's sook Selwood"

"Yeah they won't address the disgraceful ducking from your spuds"

"I despise Geelong and their ducking whinging captain"

"Fans defending of the ducking tactic is just puerile now"

Ginnivan is exactly what you described. A disgrace to the game.
They're still paying em to Selwood tho - thats the whole point

ok. you said Redman was doomed. doomed in what way.? no free paid despite high contact and undue rough play. No MRP. doomed to what?
I've made it all as clear as possible for any normal person to understand.
In one post you tell me I write too much. In the next, you want the simplist of things spelled out to you.
After seeing the other person point out your previous posting history about duckers, you're just an extremely vocal hypocrite.

Surely a player should be allowed some chance to avoid a tackle. As it's being umpired at the moment, an opponent can target the head and shoulders, and you're not allowed to avoid it. That free kick against Ginnivan they've been highlighting is a disgrace. Whether he's been milking frees in the past or not, this new rule does not protect the player with the ball, and that particular free should never happen. The player with the ball MUST be protected.

I've made it all as clear as possible for any normal person to understand.
In one post you tell me I write too much. In the next, you want the simplist of things spelled out to you.
After seeing the other person point out your previous posting history about duckers, you're just an extremely vocal hypocrite.
you still haven't explained why you said Redman was doomed when there was zero consequence for his action. it very much sounds like you are portraying the tackler as a victim. as you like to say "stay on topic"

you still haven't explained why you said Redman was doomed when there was zero consequence for his action. it very much sounds like you are portraying the tackler as a victim. as you like to say "stay on topic"
Yes I have. It's pretty simple and obvious, but you're determined to make it into something it isn't. So I'm not indulging you.

Yes I have. It's pretty simple and obvious, but you're determined to make it into something it isn't. So I'm not indulging you.
ah well. then in summary you have gone so far on your anti-Ginnivan rant that you ended up miraculously casting him as the perpetrator of Sunday's high tackle incident. And bewilderingly you had Redman "doomed" to some unexplained consequence. Simultaneously you have declined to comment on the fact that a four time premiership coach totally disagrees with you - presumedly as you feel that you know far more about the matter than he. Lets leave it at that shall we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back