Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

If Percy could be charismatic and/or charming (I don't know if that's the case) he could potentially gain the trust of a young girl in one afternoon.
Apparently the abductor had been at the beach with the Beaumont kids more than once and got described as a 'new boyfriend'?

Apparently the abductor had been at the beach with the Beaumont kids more than once and got described as a 'new boyfriend'?
Yes, I think if he had spent 2-3 days with the kids prior to them going missing, he might be called Jane's new boyfriend, maybe in a teasing way. Especially if Jane really liked him, and maybe they'd held hands or kissed - summer love and all that. Whether or not it was Percy, I am leaning towards a young killer. Even in the 60s, I think kids would be creeped out by anybody older than 20 being the "boyfriend" of a 9yo.

I always found it a bit odd that a person planning a abduction would make himself so obvious for witnesses to describe - although there were also 2 very different versions of the 'suspect' namely a young surfie with dirty blonde hair and a man around 35 years old.

I recall a witness account that saw three children fitting the BC description with a man and a woman near Durham/Augusta st intersection. There was even a sketch done. What was the conclusion with that? False lead?

I remember growing up in the 70s/80s that that specific area was talked about quite a lot in regards to the missing kids and this was a long time before the Satin Man theory was out there.

In Lambs to the Slaughter on Derek Percy, just thought I should mention that I've just came across a paragraph where Debi Marshal has Percy getting his license at 18yo. His younger brother took advantage of the lowered age in NSW and got his at 17yo.
Going by Percy's contempt for absolutely everything maybe he drove without a license or even thought he would merely give his brother's name if pulled over? (and that book still haunts me)

Going by Percy's contempt for absolutely everything maybe he drove without a license or even thought he would merely give his brother's name if pulled over? (and that book still haunts me)

Yeh, I skipped parts in the book the first time as a bit much but this second read is easier in small sessions. Urgh.

Percy admits to having fantasised about mutilating children since well before the Beaumont children disappeared and having been at Glenelg on the day they vanished.

I recall a witness account that saw three children fitting the BC description with a man and a woman near Durham/Augusta st intersection. There was even a sketch done. What was the conclusion with that? False lead?

I remember growing up in the 70s/80s that that specific area was talked about quite a lot in regards to the missing kids and this was a long time before the Satin Man theory was out there.
Haven't heard of that sighting, the satin mans home is another block east, opposite a church.
Hayden in a statement, said four shots rang out on the day of the abduction.
Hard to believe no one heard or reported gun fire. noise would have echoed off that church.

The Satin man enquiry seems to be the only line of enquiry the police are following, hence the dig at castalloy

Yeh, I skipped parts in the book the first time as a bit much but this second read is easier in small sessions. Urgh.

Percy admits to having fantasised about mutilating children since well before the Beaumont children disappeared and having been at Glenelg on the day they vanished.
Re Percy
going through his lock-up, surely they would have found something linking him to the BC case?

Re Percy
going through his lock-up, surely they would have found something linking him to the BC case?

They didn't find anything enough for a charge but there certainly was enough there to suggest that his fantasies involved taking more than one child at the same time. He's accused of the mutilation murder of 3yo Simon Brook with his writings consistent with Simon's injuries. Given he was already in prison for life with a 'crazy' pass I assume that went towards the decision not to prosecute him for it.

I can't post what he wrote in here, it's obscene.

His height, description doesn't match to what has been described in the BC case. 5'10 surfie looking man, most certainly does not describe Percy.

Height does match 5'10 to 6 ft and the photo below is a mugshot of him in 1969. Does he look his age, being 20 at the time? Police sketch of BC suspect for comparison.

"The suspect was described as in his 30s with light brown, short swept-back hair parted on the left side, a thin face and clean-shaven. He was suntanned and wearing blue bathers with a white stripe down the side.

Could it have been Percy? He was only 17 at the time but was sometimes mistaken for being older. His writings showed he planned to give food to the children he would kidnap before killing them. The Beaumonts were in the age group Percy fantasised about and they went missing from the beach, as did Yvonne Tuohy, Marianne Schmidt, Mary Sharrock, and Linda Stilwell."

They were comfortable around this person/s. Percy, without a doubt looked like a psychopath from very early on.

You mean like Ted Bundy, Edmund Kemper, ? What exactly does a psychopath look like?

Percy was about opportunity. The BC case was pre-meditated. It's too organised, for Percy. We have descriptions from witnesses that suggests prior contact with the POI.

We have people saying they didn't look distressed, is there a reason they should be at that point? The suggestion is nothing more than an assumption.

I do not believe that the children would have felt 'safe' with him and would not have left with him.

Except they weren't just with him, there were people everywhere at the beach.
Not to mention Jane's new boyfriend...

If they did leave with Percy - we would have many more sightings from witnesses - such as 'I was on the tram with these children, I saw them on a bus...' we have no confirmed sightings from witnesses other than what happened at the beach/bakery etc'.

We do and they didn't have to leave with him, just meet up somewhere else, to give him his meat pie perhaps?

"The police also talked to a local bakery employee familiar with the children as they had visited the shop many times before. She said that on the day of the disappearance, the trio came to the shop and bought a meat pie and some other pastries. The first peculiar detail was that they had never purchased a meat pie before, and when she asked them about it, they replied that it’s “a pie for the man.” The second anomaly was that they paid with a £1 note. However, their mother had only given them a few coins. This transaction led investigators to believe the children obtained the money from the man allegedly with them.

"The last confirmed sighting of Beaumont children was around 3 pm. They were seen walking alone, away from the beach, to their home. A postman, who knew the children well, told the they were happy and had stopped by to say hello. While police believed the postman’s claim, the authorities theorized the encounter happened before the noon, not 3 pm." (The postman also said it may have been mid morning)
There are other possible unconfirmed sightings also.

Percy also had an interest in Coprophilia, Urolagnia (Urophilia) & Cannibalism. Obviously, we do not know if any victims were subjected to this vile treatment by him.
You forgot to mention cross dressing and the Yvonne Tuohy Murder, I am not going to post the crime scene description here because it is disgustingly shocking (Coprophilia) but you can read about it here in the excerpts from the book.

The only common denominator in this case and others - is the beach. That is it.

No, the description matches, he has been placed in Adelaide by his brother, a family friend and himself. The ages of the children match his preferences also.

If Percy is responsible, where in an unfamiliar town to him would he take them?

Unfamiliar?, the family went to sailing regatas all over the country, are you assuming he had not been to Adelaide before, specifically the Glenelg area?
An abandoned house perhaps?

"Around nine months after the mysterious disappearance, a woman told the police that on the same night as the tragic event, she saw two girls and one boy accompanied by a man entering an abandoned house in the neighborhood. She added that later she saw the boy walking by himself. However, the man caught up with him and took him back. They had left by the next morning, and she had not seen them again. It is unclear why she waited such a significant amount of time before mentioning the incident. Due to her delay in reporting, the police never attempted to search the house."

Reading this will give insight into how children walk away with unknown strangers, and other aspects of Derek Percy.

For people looking towards Percy, I do not believe Percy is the POI. I believe police had backtracked through his movements thoroughly and have clearly stated that he is not a POI in the BC case. I have been told the reason that is, is because they backtracked thoroughly.

Have you got a link to this information?
Sorry for the late reply, life gets busy.

His height, description doesn't match to what has been described in the BC case. 5'10 surfie looking man, most certainly does not describe Percy.

Height does match 5'10 to 6 ft and the photo below is a mugshot of him in 1969. Does he look his age, being 20 at the time? Police sketch of BC suspect for comparison.

"The suspect was described as in his 30s with light brown, short swept-back hair parted on the left side, a thin face and clean-shaven. He was suntanned and wearing blue bathers with a white stripe down the side.

Could it have been Percy? He was only 17 at the time but was sometimes mistaken for being older.

- In my opinion of what a 'surfie type' is - it is not Percy. I spent a lot of time hanging out with surfies in my youth and Percy would not have been considered to be a surfie. Descriptions of Percy before and after this case by witnesses, had the police looking for a 'teenager', not of a man described as "The suspect..........". The above description from the BC witness bank, were made by older local people who would have a better 'age gauge' than a younger person, my opinion.

So if he's described as a 'teenager' or 'older boy' from one year to the next, how in the middle does he jump to looking like a man 20-30's?

It is in my opinion that Percy does not match the description in this case.

They were comfortable around this person/s. Percy, without a doubt looked like a psychopath from very early on.

You mean like Ted Bundy, Edmund Kemper, ? What exactly does a psychopath look like?

- I am sure you have researched Psychopaths and how many sub-categories exist so to ask what a psychopath looks like is the same as asking what does a paedophile look like? The answer is the same - they look like you and I - normal. There is no definitive answer to that question. Majority of people tend to have a 'feeling' about people. Ed and Ted - you would walk home with - Percy - I would not, he looked 'weird' acted weird, kind of makes him weird.

Percy was about opportunity. The BC case was pre-meditated. It's too organised, for Percy. We have descriptions from witnesses that suggests prior contact with the POI.

We have people saying they didn't look distressed, is there a reason they should be at that point? The suggestion is nothing more than an assumption.

- And I make the assumption based on facts I know. The BC perp had groomed them prior to that day or the perp was known and trusted by the children or they may have been a trusted community figure, such as a police officer, postie etc. This makes this case Pre Meditated.
The only pre-meditation Percy did was to choose to look for a victim once he got leave from the Navy, or maybe he never intended to?

I do not believe that the children would have felt 'safe' with him and would not have left with him.

- Of course they were not alone at the beach, it was a bloody hot day, school holidays, it was jam packed early in the day. That is why there are witnesses. The mention of Jane's boyfriend suggests grooming, which doesn't happen in one or two interactions. According to witness statements, they appeared to know the person/s to some degree.

If they did leave with Percy - we would have many more sightings from witnesses - such as 'I was on the tram with these children, I saw them on a bus...' we have no confirmed sightings from witnesses other than what happened at the beach/bakery etc'.

We do and they didn't have to leave with him, just meet up somewhere else, to give him his meat pie perhaps?

"The police also talked to a local bakery employee familiar with the children as they had visited the shop many times before. She said that on the day of the disappearance, the trio came to the shop and bought a meat pie and some other pastries. The first peculiar detail was that they had never purchased a meat pie before, and when she asked them about it, they replied that it’s “a pie for the man.” The second anomaly was that they paid with a £1 note. However, their mother had only given them a few coins. This transaction led investigators to believe the children obtained the money from the man allegedly with them.

- At the time Percy did not have a car nor a licence. My point is, there should be more confirmed sightings (and then more detailed descriptions about the poi) if public transport was used - in my opinion.

This meat pie thing really annoys me. There is an original newspaper article in the State Library which has an interview with Mr and Mrs Beaumont and Mrs Beaumont states that "Grant doesn't eat pasties and only eats pies". This is a statement made by the boys mother, I am fairly sure she would know. I have many questions about the said interaction at the Bakery with the lady. I do think they were there but I don't believe the interaction happened as it has been suggested. The only material evidence was the 1P note, which coincidently, was reported by the bakery lady.

"The last confirmed sighting of Beaumont children was around 3 pm. They were seen walking alone, away from the beach, to their home. A postman, who knew the children well, told the they were happy and had stopped by to say hello. While police believed the postman’s claim, the authorities theorized the encounter happened before the noon, not 3 pm." (The postman also said it may have been mid morning)

- The postie was unfortunately was discounted as he could not recall if it was his morning run or his afternoon run where he saw the children. Grant said 'hey there's the postie' and waved and he waved back. I have never read they engaged into a conversation on that day.

Percy also had an interest in Coprophilia, Urolagnia (Urophilia) & Cannibalism. Obviously, we do not know if any victims were subjected to this vile treatment by him.
You forgot to mention cross dressing and the Yvonne Tuohy Murder, I am not going to post the crime scene description here because it is disgustingly shocking (Coprophilia) but you can read about it here in the excerpts from the book.

- My apologies I left a couple of his demented fetishes off the list. Yes I am aware of the book and aware of the details, also when he was seen at the local swim hole upon exiting the water.

No, the description matches, he has been placed in Adelaide by his brother, a family friend and himself. The ages of the children match his preferences also.

- My opinion is that Percy doesn't fit the surfie description or much else really. No-one can remember when this Adelaide trip happened or even how he got there. We have a neighbour recalling he once flew to Adelaide, yet his brother said they drove, so if he's been there once by everyone's accounts, how did he get there, bus, plane, train or automobile??

Percy - age preference ? What is his age preference? Suspected victims ages ranged from 3 to 15 and there was no gender preference either. It was just about what opportunities he grabbed onto.

Unfamiliar?, the family went to sailing regatas all over the country, are you assuming he had not been to Adelaide before, specifically the Glenelg area?

- Yes they did attend Regatta's. Interestingly 4th of Dec 1966 the Henley Beach Yacht Club was formally opened. Interestingly again, the Henley Beach Club colours are blue and a white stipe.

I can only find reference to a Regatta held 28th Dec 65 - 11th Jan 66 at Glenelg and from memory one held down Goolwa. I'm trying to get dates and locations of Regattas for that 65/66 season. In 1965 the school term ended 17th Dec. So a caravan trip to Adelaide could have easily happened. 2 weeks of Regatta-ing and they stay for another 2 weeks just to soak up the atmosphere? Seems to be a very long Regatta holiday.
There has only been mention of one trip to Adelaide by him, his brother, neighbour and mother so I have assumed they had been there once, given he was still living at home and holidaying with his family, I think its a fair assumption to make, considering no-one has ever said they went a few times or often, but only once.

"Around nine months after the mysterious disappearance, a woman told the police that on the same night as the tragic event, she saw two girls and one boy accompanied by a man entering an abandoned house in the neighborhood. She added that later she saw the boy walking by himself. However, the man caught up with him and took him back. They had left by the next morning, and she had not seen them again. It is unclear why she waited such a significant amount of time before mentioning the incident. Due to her delay in reporting, the police never attempted to search the house."

- The abandoned house report. I am hesitant about this report. It's mind boggling to me, why it took this lady so long to come forward with what she had witnessed. This was a lady who lived in the neighbourhood and this case was widely spoken about. She would have seen people searching for the children (draining the Pat), the numerous search lines walking the beaches, reserves, drains, everywhere. So in the time she has watched all of the searching and more than likely put her two pounds worth into 'what happened' to them in local gossip, yet she never connected the two girls and one boy she saw as anything significant to report when they are looking for the missing 2 girls and 1 boy? Then to go back and add at a later stage about the boy and man? But you would also imagine abandoned buildings and houses would have been searched. Would have been very poor policing if they did not look into that. Perhaps it was eliminated by police?

Reading this will give insight into how children walk away with unknown strangers, and other aspects of Derek Percy.

- Yes I have read the report and still today it is easy for children to be lured away.

For people looking towards Percy, I do not believe Percy is the POI. I believe police had backtracked through his movements thoroughly and have clearly stated that he is not a POI in the BC case. I have been told the reason that is, is because they backtracked thoroughly.

- I was working for a Government Department in 2019 and a colleague's cousin was part of the VicPol investigation team. It was put to me they have enough to know he wasn't in Adelaide on the 26th but lack the evidence to take him off the suspect list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome to the Forum

Do you think "The Mulligan Inquiry" revealed the identity of the BC Offender?
Thank you.

Yes, I certainly do. I believe the Inquiry holds answers for many cases here in SA. The Inquiry discovered over 450 perps named or identified (some not identified) from the inquiry. 13 offenders were referred to SA Pol by Mulligan for investigation, which resulted in 2 arrests and convictions - which was an uphill battle to have the two cases investigated. Both resulted in convictions - Robert Symonds (aka Mother Goose) and of course Ric Marshall. R3d Tap3 Rap3 by Ki Meekins, is a harrowing account of these times and demonstrates how rife paedophilia was/is.

Transcription Sen. M Roberts. 28 names list.

G’day, I’m Senator Malcolm Roberts. I want to talk now about a very serious issue that concerns all of us in our community. This issue offends every normal thinking person and it disgusts us all. I am talking about paedophilia, the sexual abuse of children by deviant adults for their own sexual gratification. There are a lot of stories circulating about this issue and I want to set the record straight. One such story relates to a document purportedly naming 28 alleged people under investigation for pedophilia-related activities. It was most famously discussed in a Senate Estimates hearing.

After extensive research by my office, we found that the Wood Royal Commission was provided a document that the Commissioner determined contained information outside the terms of reference of the Commission. It was returned to the provider. That’s it. The document is not in the public domain and is not held by the government. My inquiries revealed that it contained unsupported allegations against 28 people from an unidentified author.

Without an author, it’s wholly unverifiable and unusable in court. Publication of the contents may well constitute defamation in some circumstances. When starting this investigation, I had hoped to unearth evidence which if brought to light would prove and put away perpetrators of disgusting acts. Despite my best efforts, that is not what I found. There are plenty of urban myths about all of this. One of these is that the document is subject to some sort of suppression order, preventing its release. My inquiries revealed there is no suppression order on this document. There never was a suppression order.

The document simply isn’t credible enough without an author for anyone to publish outside of parliamentary privilege. My view, and that of One Nation, is that paedophilia is a blot on our society and that everything should be done to stamp it out. Offenders should receive the severest penalties when convicted as a deterrent to others and to keep our children safe. Those who would knowingly protect these offenders must also be identified and stopped, no matter what their roles in our society may be.

No one should be immune because of their status. Sexual misbehaviour in the legal profession has been highlighted in the media lately. Allegations have even been made towards the behaviour of judges, magistrates and senior lawyers. What is missing is a Federal Integrity Commission with power to review the behaviour of the politicians and the judiciary. An integrity commission with teeth would mean that any allegation of corruption, criminality or misconduct could be thoroughly and independently investigated. There’s no doubt there are still people in power that get up to no good; we need a commission that can properly investigate them and bring them to justice.

DECEMBER 22, 2021/
This is in relation to the Wood Royal Commission. The report needs to be dropped on this too. There is more to the reports other than just a list of Recommendations!

This is in relation to the Wood Royal Commission. The report needs to be dropped on this too. There is more to the reports other than just a list of Recommendations!

If the orders cover victim's very sensitive accounts of sexual abuse, then for their dignity and well being I agree with them.

Yes, I certainly do. I believe the Inquiry holds answers for many cases here in SA.

Do you believe the police wouldn't have had access and made their own investigations as abusers were named?

Yeah?
My first and second comments are in relation to 2 entirely seperate enquires, both have no suppression orders. The 28 names list I thought I’d mention just because I’ve heard people talk about over and over saying that the Government supposedly had suppressed ect.ect..Is also not true . a statement that’s signed: anonymous. For the obvious reasons, is not creditable.
There was amendments to the act in order to better protect the victims, victims are automatically afforded with anonymity ( exactly how it should be)
What’s there, is there. I don’t think even in 200 years the victims statements should ever be released, in my personal opinion, I don’t think it’s anybody’s business

Could it have been Percy? He was only 17 at the time but was sometimes mistaken for being older.

- In my opinion of what a 'surfie type' is - it is not Percy. I spent a lot of time hanging out with surfies in my youth and Percy would not have been considered to be a surfie. Descriptions of Percy before and after this case by witnesses, had the police looking for a 'teenager', not of a man described as "The suspect..........". The above description from the BC witness bank, were made by older local people who would have a better 'age gauge' than a younger person, my opinion.

So if he's described as a 'teenager' or 'older boy' from one year to the next, how in the middle does he jump to looking like a man 20-30's?

- I am sure you have researched Psychopaths and how many sub-categories exist so to ask what a psychopath looks like is the same as asking what does a paedophile look like? The answer is the same - they look like you and I - normal. There is no definitive answer to that question. Majority of people tend to have a 'feeling' about people. Ed and Ted - you would walk home with - Percy - I would not, he looked 'weird' acted weird, kind of makes him weird.

- And I make the assumption based on facts I know. The BC perp had groomed them prior to that day or the perp was known and trusted by the children or they may have been a trusted community figure, such as a police officer, postie etc. This makes this case Pre Meditated.
The only pre-meditation Percy did was to choose to look for a victim once he got leave from the Navy, or maybe he never intended to?

- Of course they were not alone at the beach, it was a bloody hot day, school holidays, it was jam packed early in the day. That is why there are witnesses. The mention of Jane's boyfriend suggests grooming, which doesn't happen in one or two interactions. According to witness statements, they appeared to know the person/s to some degree.

- At the time Percy did not have a car nor a licence. My point is, there should be more confirmed sightings (and then more detailed descriptions about the poi) if public transport was used - in my opinion.

This meat pie thing really annoys me. There is an original newspaper article in the State Library which has an interview with Mr and Mrs Beaumont and Mrs Beaumont states that "Grant doesn't eat pasties and only eats pies". This is a statement made by the boys mother, I am fairly sure she would know. I have many questions about the said interaction at the Bakery with the lady. I do think they were there but I don't believe the interaction happened as it has been suggested. The only material evidence was the 1P note, which coincidently, was reported by the bakery lady.

- The postie was unfortunately was discounted as he could not recall if it was his morning run or his afternoon run where he saw the children. Grant said 'hey there's the postie' and waved and he waved back. I have never read they engaged into a conversation on that day.

- My apologies I left a couple of his demented fetishes off the list. Yes I am aware of the book and aware of the details, also when he was seen at the local swim hole upon exiting the water.

- My opinion is that Percy doesn't fit the surfie description or much else really. No-one can remember when this Adelaide trip happened or even how he got there. We have a neighbour recalling he once flew to Adelaide, yet his brother said they drove, so if he's been there once by everyone's accounts, how did he get there, bus, plane, train or automobile??

Percy - age preference ? What is his age preference? Suspected victims ages ranged from 3 to 15 and there was no gender preference either. It was just about what opportunities he grabbed onto.

- Yes they did attend Regatta's. Interestingly 4th of Dec 1966 the Henley Beach Yacht Club was formally opened. Interestingly again, the Henley Beach Club colours are blue and a white stipe.

I can only find reference to a Regatta held 28th Dec 65 - 11th Jan 66 at Glenelg and from memory one held down Goolwa. I'm trying to get dates and locations of Regattas for that 65/66 season. In 1965 the school term ended 17th Dec. So a caravan trip to Adelaide could have easily happened. 2 weeks of Regatta-ing and they stay for another 2 weeks just to soak up the atmosphere? Seems to be a very long Regatta holiday.
There has only been mention of one trip to Adelaide by him, his brother, neighbour and mother so I have assumed they had been there once, given he was still living at home and holidaying with his family, I think its a fair assumption to make, considering no-one has ever said they went a few times or often, but only once.

- The abandoned house report. I am hesitant about this report. It's mind boggling to me, why it took this lady so long to come forward with what she had witnessed. This was a lady who lived in the neighbourhood and this case was widely spoken about. She would have seen people searching for the children (draining the Pat), the numerous search lines walking the beaches, reserves, drains, everywhere. So in the time she has watched all of the searching and more than likely put her two pounds worth into 'what happened' to them in local gossip, yet she never connected the two girls and one boy she saw as anything significant to report when they are looking for the missing 2 girls and 1 boy? Then to go back and add at a later stage about the boy and man? But you would also imagine abandoned buildings and houses would have been searched. Would have been very poor policing if they did not look into that. Perhaps it was eliminated by police?

- Yes I have read the report and still today it is easy for children to be lured away.

- I was working for a Government Department in 2019 and a colleague's cousin was part of the VicPol investigation team. It was put to me they have enough to know he wasn't in Adelaide on the 26th but lack the evidence to take him off the suspect list.
Sorry I had a hard time trying understand all that? It all became just very confusing?

I was working for a Government Department in 2019 and a colleague's cousin was part of the VicPol investigation team. It was put to me they have enough to know he wasn't in Adelaide on the 26th but lack the evidence to take him off the suspect list.

“It was put to me they have enough to know he wasn't in Adelaide on the 26th but lack the evidence to take him off the suspect list.”

Just want to make sure I’m not misinterpreting what you mean by this; are you able to elaborate any further or perhaps explain more what you mean?
If they have enough to know - that means that they have enough evidence and can prove that he wasn’t in Adelaide on the 26th?
Vicpol are not responsible for the BC case, the Beaumont case is out of their jurisdiction. Irregardless, whether SAPOL or VICPOL have evidence and can prove that Percy was not in Adelaide during the relevant time then they can’t also lack the evidence to remove him from the suspect list. Doesn’t make sense..
Your colleague might have misunderstood something or was telling you fibs

Hmm

At the time Percy did not have a car nor a licence. My point is, there should be more confirmed sightings (and then more detailed descriptions about the poi) if public transport was used - in my opinion.

Many people keep mentioning a car and I am not sure why, a car might be handy to have but not necessary, especially if you are not going far, walking distance. We have a witness statement saying they saw the children walking in the direction of their home, where exactly is this supposed car coming into it?

How would you describe a surfie type? Do they need to be carrying a surfboard?

And I make the assumption based on facts I know. The BC perp had groomed them prior to that day or the perp was known and trusted by the children or they may have been a trusted community figure, such as a police officer, postie etc.

Based on facts?, you have 3 "ors" there in (which one is it?) amongst an assumption that they were groomed in the days leading up to their disappearance, how do you know that for a fact when in another breath you state this "Yes I have read the report and still today it is easy for children to be lured away."

We have a neighbour recalling he once flew to Adelaide, yet his brother said they drove,

Maybe he had been here at least twice? Once by plane and once by car, which on which date would be the real question, but either way if he was here how he got he is not that relevant. What he did whilst here is.

Percy - age preference ? What is his age preference?

Those younger than him because he can overpower them, a coward in other words.

"Interestingly again, the Henley Beach Club colours are blue and a white stipe."

Ummm this is irrelevant, his colors would be from his club not a club he would be competing against. If he was competing in a regatta then he/they didn't fly here with the boat...

I had the same issues trying to find a regatta close to Australia Day in Adelaide in 1966. I haven't explored other events at regattas back then yet though. Rowing events being one of them.

"no-one has ever said they went a few times or often, but only once."

I have not seen anything that says he/they only went to Adelaide once but i have read that his father travelled to regattas all over the country. It can be assumed he had an events program he followed ever year rather than just go to each regatta just once. Having said that it could also be that could put Percy here at earlier dates which could have given him more familiarity with the area.

It's mind boggling to me, why it took this lady so long to come forward with what she had witnessed.

Not me, it happens all the time, just listen to few cold case podcasts.

I was working for a Government Department in 2019 and a colleague's cousin was part of the VicPol investigation team. It was put to me they have enough to know he wasn't in Adelaide on the 26th but lack the evidence to take him off the suspect list.

see newbie11's post above.

There has never been an inquest into the missing Beaumont children, even though it must be assumed they are deceased and probably were not long after they went missing. This is strange given the magnitude of the case file. The horse has bolted long ago, but l believe if an inquest was held now, a reasonable finding would be that Percy was most likely responsible.

I believe the Adelaide Oval abductions were unrelated and the likely culprit was Arthur
Brown. Percy was incarcerated at the time.

Ever since Percy and Brown were apprehended, there have been no more abductions and/or deaths of more than one child at the same time in nearly 50 years. Given the 9 year time frame (1965-1973) of Wanda, BC, Touhy & Spiller, Mackay sisters and Gordon/Ratcliffe, l think the mysteries are over.

Last edited:
Haven't heard of that sighting, the satin mans home is another block east, opposite a church.
Hayden in a statement, said four shots rang out on the day of the abduction.
Hard to believe no one heard or reported gun fire. noise would have echoed off that church.

The Satin man enquiry seems to be the only line of enquiry the police are following, hence the dig at castalloy

‘My father, who knew all the Beaumont family very well, was taking a shortcut to beat Australia Day traffic, when he saw the children standing on the corner of Augusta and Durham Streets in Glenelg at 1.30pm,’ says Scott.
‘They were with three other people – a thin-faced blond stranger, a strapper he recognised from one of the local racing stables with shoulder- length hair, and a middle-aged woman wearing a pale blue patterned dress.
‘Dad was surprised they were with another woman, not their mother Nancy.
‘He did report it to detectives at the time, but there were so many sightings not all of them were followed up. To his dying day in May 1982, my father swore black and blue it was the Beaumonts he had seen.’
Scott has since been approached by several other people who confirmed his father’s eyewitness account, right down to the distinctive design on the unknown woman’s pale blue dress.‘It makes sense,’ he says. ‘One woman told me her mother saw the children with the very same people near the Rotunda in Colley Reserve. That lies in a straight line to Augusta Street – and Augusta Street is where Harry Phipps lived. It’s definitely linked.’.... written by author Scott Russell Hill,

I have only ever heard that Percy was at Glenelg, or in Adelaide itself, in Jan 66' with his parents.
His dad had a car and he had to ask permission to use it!!

This might be of interest to a few certain members here, including Johnnymac1, Tues, TTT, and inspector Gadget even got a mention...
Over on another forum with the initials CM, there is a person there that swears they are not a member here in any way shape or form,
but they are replying to messages in there made by the above members in here!!

Ivé complained to their Admin and asked him to lock the thread, as he mentioned he would, but so far this person is still spouting their
BS, that the BC children are still alive and their mother was the one that got them "kidnapped", for want of another word..
I know he'll read this, (waving hi to Johnny S) but I really don't give a toss.
He has no idea about privacy and has given my Facebook user name to other members, although my page is pretty much locked down.
But please be careful of him, especially those ivé named above!!
Can you give me his details, Deni?

It was a Wednesday and according to data the beach areas of Adelaide were all crowded due to the heat, school holidays and the many who had time off work like school teachers and parents unable to work due to kids school holidays. It wasn't a new thing for the kids to be at the beach, they went there most days of the holidays, sometimes with their father. On that fateful day they wanted to ride their bikes to the beach but were told no, it was too hot. .. if only.....

My mistake. Being a Wednesday actually closed down the window of opportunity for the perp - esp if they had been grooming the children and the father was not with them.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back