Would a Richmond Premiership in 2022 make the team one of the best of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

because they ran into a star studded Lions outfit o_O

The circa 2000 Bombers couldn’t beat one triple flag winning team nor get near them in a final….but according to Fudge they would be walk all over another triple flag winning team nobody else was able to even compete with in 3 Grand Finals. 🤣🤣🤣

For some weird reason I have a begrudging soft spot for Collingwood supporters, but fmd, they have had to seriously warp their view of the world to make all their finals failures make some sense to them. 😁

Yeah we are "desperately clinging" to our paltry recent 3 flags….meanwhile you are desperately clinging to your magnificent 2018 Preliminaryship. 🤣

Again wreaking of desperation they leave the hurt of the current season and go back to the sanctuary of past glories. Their inability to deal with the present and the dire situation they find themselves in is reflective of their attitude that will lead them to years of misery. We fast forward to 2050 and Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton are sitting a top of the Premiership table with 20 flags each whilst Richmond remind us that they won flags in COVID tainted years.

They were all C-B grade players when the played and great ones were too young. You judge the strength of the team at the time and they weren’t amazing. The Dees would’ve smashed them and the cats 22 team is 60/40 win imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pies 2010 & 2011 side were one of the more dominate sides I've seen in the last 20 years.

I have no words that you think that Essendon in 2020 would even come close to the tiger's dynasty team. What level playing field? I reiterate you said>
which of the Richmond teams between 2017 and 2020 would have beaten to 2000 Bombers?

And I provided the reasons and you agreed but now you want to send Richmond back into the early 2000's so we can play on a level playing field without the defensive structures, all ground pressure, higher fitness, and better game plans, this is why I said teams of today would destroy teams of 20+ years ago.

The thing with you fadge is you do have a bias against Richmond that's blatantly clear. I provided names and if you think those names don't match ess or supersede them then you are literally not giving Richmond any due credit.

You rave on about this Ess team who got knocked out by Carlton in 1999 PF which no one expected and then got beaten by 5 goals by Brisbane just 12 months after their GF victory in 2020. If they were so dominant why only 1 flag?
2000 Bombers would have barely broken a sweat vs Richmond and Hawks dynasty teams.

Again wreaking of desperation they leave the hurt of the current season and go back to the sanctuary of past glories. Their inability to deal with the present and the dire situation they find themselves in is reflective of their attitude that will lead them to years of misery. We fast forward to 2050 and Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton are sitting a top of the Premiership table with 20 flags each whilst Richmond remind us that they won flags in COVID tainted years.

Dire situation. 🤣🤣

It is called a temporary post triple flag dynasty playing list disturbance. Entirely predictable and made just slightly more bearable in our desperate grief by…..the same triple flag dynasty. 😁.

Meanwhile clutchpies scramble eyeballs out to beat a few bottom teams by a kick and they are happening here and now. This is almost rivalling “the streak.”

If you don't have the mental capacity to compare the relative dominance of teams based on the era in which they played, I feel quite sorry for you.

Come on now, I articulated myself well, and gave you the reasons. Lol, that's just your own thoughts and perceptions on the strength of other teams. This is what I have had to deal with so no matter what I say you not gonna agree because of your bias against Richmond. You talk about mental capacity lol your post about fluked premierships is such a doozy that an oppo supporters had to set you straight. Come on it wasn't your finest moment, embarrassing actually. There are no GF flukes. Man if pies won 3 flags in 4 years and I attempted to downplay them I would be canned and rightly so.

fadge.jpg

Come on now, I articulated myself well, and gave you the reasons. Lol, that's just your own thoughts and perceptions on the strength of other teams. This is what I have had to deal with so no matter what I say you not gonna agree because of your bias against Richmond. You talk about mental capacity lol your post about fluked premierships is such a doozy that an oppo supporters had to set you straight. Come on it wasn't your finest moment, embarrassing actually. There are no GF flukes. Man if pies won 3 flags in 4 years and I attempted to downplay them I would be canned and rightly so.

View attachment 1458580
Yeah, you clearly just don't get it.

And using a post from good old Thrawny to support your position. Oh my.

Pies 2010 & 2011 side were one of the more dominate sides I've seen in the last 20 years.

What you mean is they were one of the most dominant home and away teams. Along with St Kilda 2009, Essendon 2000. Somehow only 2 flags between “three of the most dominant teams this century.” Which sort of begs the question, how do you define dominant?

Bombers 2000 dominate one finals series but it wasn’t a fluke according to the believers. Richmond 17-20 dominate 3 finals series but according to the Fadges of the planet, it was a fluke. 😳😳😳

Clutchpies 2010-11 and Saints 2009-10 dominate precisely zero finals series and they are dominant.

Wtf. 🤣🤣🤣

What you mean is they were one of the most dominant home and away teams. Along with St Kilda 2009, Essendon 2000. Somehow only 2 flags between “three of the most dominant teams this century.” Which sort of begs the question, how do you define dominant?

Bombers 2000 dominate one finals series but it wasn’t a fluke according to the believers. Richmond 17-20 dominate 3 finals series but according to the Fadge’s of the planet, it was a fluke. 😳😳😳

Clutchpies 2010-11 and Saints 2009-10 dominate precisely zero finals series and they are dominant.

Wtf. 🤣🤣🤣
Seems someone is hurting...

Throw in Geelong and you've covered the four most dominant teams since the turn of the century.

Bombers 2000 dominate one finals series but it wasn’t a fluke according to the believers. Richmond 17-20 dominate 3 finals series but according to the Fadge’s of the planet, it was a fluke. 😳😳😳

Wtf. 🤣🤣🤣
How could the '2000 Bombers' dominate other finals series but the 2000 one?

How could the '2000 Bombers' dominate other finals series but the 2000 one?

By being the 1999-2002 Bombers PC. But they aren’t. They are “the 2000 Bombers.”

Brisbane were the 2001-04 Lions.Geelong were the 2007-11 Cats. Hawthorn were the 2012-15 + 08 Hawks. And Richmond were the 2017-20 Tigers. 😁

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By being the 1999-2002 Bombers PC. Bu they aren’t. They are “the 2000 Bombers.”

Brisbane were the 2001-04 Lions.Geelong were the 2007-11 Cats. Hawthorn were the 2012-15 + 08 Hawks. And Richmond were the 2017-20 Tigers. 😁
How do Richmond 2018 get a mention after you scoffed at the reference to Port Adelaide 2002/03/04?

Yeah, you clearly just don't get it.

And using a post from good old Thrawny to support your position. Oh my.

Lol get your head out of the sand, it's you who doesn't get it. Sorry, but what you said is dead set wrong, and whether you care what Thrawny said is irrelevant because the relevant statement is from your mouth, that our 3 premierships were flukes :rolleyes: that is beyond comprehension that anyone could even remotely make such a statement.

Seems someone is hurting...

Throw in Geelong and you've covered the four most dominant teams since the turn of the century.

Spot on. It is killing me you won’t provide for the delectation of your new readers on this thread your hilarious labyrinthine complexity explanation of why all these relatively shyte finals teams who won loads of home and away games are better than teams who outperformed them by miles in finals.

Go on Fadgey Wadgey, you can do it, please, just one more time, just for me. 😍🤣

Dire situation. 🤣🤣

It is called a temporary post triple flag dynasty playing list disturbance. Entirely predictable and made just slightly more bearable in our desperate grief by…..the same triple flag dynasty. 😁.

Meanwhile clutchpies scramble eyeballs out to beat a few bottom teams by a kick and they are happening here and now. This is almost rivalling “the streak.”

Triple flag rofl. Oh Magoo you’ve done it again.

How do Richmond 2018 get a mention after you scoffed at the reference to Port Adelaide 2002/03/04?

Omg, you didn't just say that because on either side of 2018 you know 2017-2020 we won premierships. Now had we gone into oblivion after 2018 your post would have some merit but we didn't hence why 2018 is still relevant because we won a further 2 flags therafter, You getting this yes?

Spot on. It is killing me you won’t provide for the delectation of your new readers on this thread your hilarious labyrinthine complexity explanation of why all these relatively shyte finals teams who won loads of home and away games are better than teams who outperformed them by miles in finals.

Go on Fadgey Wadgey, you can do it, please, just one more time, just for me. 😍🤣
r/iamverysmart

Because they won a minor Premiership in between 3 achievements that gave them legitimacy - Premierships, one before and two aft old Fadgemeister.

Premierships, sort of tough to get around those in any argument as to who is better than who Fudgus. They are bloody inconvenient to you though, I can see that. 😁

2000 Bombers would have barely broken a sweat vs Richmond and Hawks dynasty teams.

Oh dear...

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Omg, you didn't just say that because on either side of 2018 you know 2017-2020 we won premierships. Now had we gone into oblivion after 2018 your post would have some merit but we didn't hence why 2018 is still relevant because we won a further 2 flags therafter, You getting this yes?
In that case we should refer to the 2017,19,20 Tigers.

Otherwise we should be referring to the 2008-15 Hawks...

Because they won a minor Premiership in between 3 achievements that gave them legitimacy - Premierships, one before and two aft old Fadgemeister.

Premierships, sort of tough to get around those in any argument as to who is better than who Fudgus. They are bloody inconvenient to you though, I can see that. 😁
Ah, the old Minor Premiership winners.

Like Adelaide in 2017, Geelong in 2019 and Port Adelaide in 2020.

Some extremely powerful sides amongst that lot 😮😮😮

Fadge rules as to how to refer to who. You are surprising and delighting me now Fadge. Giving us new and wonderful things to laugh at. I will stop pestering you to repeat the old material if you keep this up. 😍

You're digging yourself further and further. 2008 hawks, half of them were gone by the time their 3 peat came around. Whereas Richmond had something like 19 players from 2018 PF play in 2019/2020 GF. Basically, the same team, give it up seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back