Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
Wigan Warriors
Aucklander>

I keep watching these terrible NZ TV series! Actually, I didn't mind the Brokenwood Mysteries, that is good fun, but The Gulf is pretty awful. But nevertheless, NZ does look the most lovely place in the world. My son and his partner did a round-the-world trip a few years ago, and they said much the same.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Aucklander>

I keep watching these terrible NZ TV series! Actually, I didn't mind the Brokenwood Mysteries, that is good fun, but The Gulf is pretty awful. But nevertheless, NZ does look the most lovely place in the world. My son and his partner did a round-the-world trip a few years ago, and they said much the same.

Haven't seen either of them. Might take a look tomorrow.

Certainly is lovely and have asked myself more than once why we left. The last few years have made it even harder.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
balmainforever GG.exe

I watched the two games today of NFL today as I have an interest in the sport and enjoy it, but don't really get the massive support it seems to have among Big Footy posters. Can you give me a brief rundown on the popularity. FTR, I follow the Cowboys.

Sep 6, 2005
balmainforever GG.exe

I watched the two games today of NFL today as I have an interest in the sport and enjoy it, but don't really get the massive support it seems to have among Big Footy posters. Can you give me a brief rundown on the popularity. FTR, I follow the Cowboys.
Wouldn't say it's massive on this board.
But, one reason it has many fans is the season starts when the AFL/NRL seasons end, so people starving of football gravitate to it. Also, due to some discontent with especially the AFL comp, people are genuinely turning to NFL. With the rise of streaming, gamepass, and internet/youtube/twitter, the game is far easier to watch and follow than in the past in Australia, when there was only newspaper clippings of scores, and 30 minute highlights on TV. Now, the entire world of sports is at one's fingertips.
The NFL is also a very exciting game, so much happens, so many complexities to it, so when people start to get into it, they fall more and more in love with it as they understand and appreciate all those complexities etc.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Wouldn't say it's massive on this board.
But, one reason it has many fans is the season starts when the AFL/NRL seasons end, so people starving of football gravitate to it. Also, due to some discontent with especially the AFL comp, people are genuinely turning to NFL. With the rise of streaming, gamepass, and internet/youtube/twitter, the game is far easier to watch and follow than in the past in Australia, when there was only newspaper clippings of scores, and 30 minute highlights on TV. Now, the entire world of sports is at one's fingertips.
The NFL is also a very exciting game, so much happens, so many complexities to it, so when people start to get into it, they fall more and more in love with it as they understand and appreciate all those complexities etc.

Cheers, mate.

The NFL board goes off really well and you've definitely given some good examples. Two games down to the last play was certainly an exciting way to finish today's games.

Sep 6, 2005
Cheers, mate.

The NFL board goes off really well and you've definitely given some good examples. Two games down to the last play was certainly an exciting way to finish today's games.
Theres always crazy stuff going on in an NFL game as we saw today and last week, and every week before that. I can't begin to encapsulate all the crazy topsy-turvy stuff that goes in a game. But momentum shifts happen so often, accentuated more than most sports in the NFL....a lucky break, a stupid penalty, a miraculous incident, and the game swings back and forth.

Also, the league is set up to be very equal, so there are often upsets and a lot games decided by a small margin, far more than seen in AFL and NRL. The standings usually very tight and such.

Feel free to post on the NFL board and ask any questions you may have etc. We usually dont bite (except today).

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Theres always crazy stuff going on in an NFL game as we saw today and last week, and every week before that. I can't begin to encapsulate all the crazy topsy-turvy stuff that goes in a game. But momentum shifts happen so often, accentuated more than most sports in the NFL....a lucky break, a stupid penalty, a miraculous incident, and the game swings back and forth.

Also, the league is set up to be very equal, so there are often upsets and a lot games decided by a small margin, far more than seen in AFL and NRL. The standings usually very tight and such.

Feel free to post on the NFL board and ask any questions you may have etc. We usually dont bite (except today).

Thanks, bud.

I'm on holiday this week, but my roster usually means I miss most games. Interesting day ahead tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Sep 6, 2005
Thanks, bud.

I'm on holiday this week, but my roster usually means I miss most games. Interesting day ahead tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
All four matches this week happen to be very evenly matched. So tomorrows game should be very similar to todays games. Things hanging on a knifes edge.

TheBillABCTV

Oct 4, 2021
Wests Tigers VS Penrith, Penrith VS Wests Tigers. I like the Orange shorts for Wests Tigers away against Penrith and Souths.
Penrith VS Auckland, Auckland VS Penrith

Attachments

• Penrith VS Auckland.png
    Penrith VS Auckland.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Auckland VS Penrith.png
    Auckland VS Penrith.png
    659.5 KB · Views: 64

TheBillABCTV

Oct 4, 2021
Penrith VS Auckland, Auckland VS Penrith
Option 1 is hoop design and option 2 is the 1967 design. I have also started a Bring back the Brown and white petition for Penrith Panthers I am unsure if I am allowed to post it here in this thread or on Big Footy Forum Sign the Petition this is the link to my petition yes everyone on Big Footy forum is allowed to sign it. If I am not allowed to post it then the mods or admins please let me know?

Attachments

• Penrith 1 -Home with Brown sleeve collars with Royal Blue Plus.png
    Penrith 1 -Home with Brown sleeve collars with Royal Blue Plus.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Penrith 2 - Clash with brown numbers white collars with Royal blue Plus.png
    Penrith 2 - Clash with brown numbers white collars with Royal blue Plus.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Penrith 3 - Jason Royal Blue version Brown collars.png
    Penrith 3 - Jason Royal Blue version Brown collars.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Penrith 4  jason - 1967heritage home.png
    Penrith 4 jason - 1967heritage home.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Penrith 5 jason - 1967heritage Away.png
    Penrith 5 jason - 1967heritage Away.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Penrith 6  jason - 1967 3rd blue version.png
    Penrith 6 jason - 1967 3rd blue version.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 57

moto748

Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
Wigan Warriors
Did you guys hear about Brad Takairangi?

Drove the wrong way up a dual-carriageway (which takes some doing) whilst drunk, and then drove head-on into a police car!

Suspended sentence and community work; he got off very light indeed. But it seems he escaped prison because the police driver was not that seriously injured.

I enjoyed the mental image of Christians cowering at the sky after some rain. “Oh no the sky the lord created has forsaken us to the gays”

Better hope they don’t hug each other on the field too!

Sep 6, 2005
Jesus speaks against the practising homosexuals.
The Bible, the old testament especially, is very draconian, laws and ideas for that time of mankind. Outdated laws as a post above demonstrates multiple times.

There is much debate/research even that the New Testament is more St Paulian and Rome's Church words than Jesus's. Mark is the earliest written book of the NT and more closely therefore aligns with other apocryphal books (notably the book of X) that depict Jesus as a bit of a rebel and flew against the standard outdated practices of the OT and general laws/beliefs passed down. Was not a fire and preacher as depicted in Matthew and John, nor were his teachings fire and brimstone like, but poetic and all about inner truth, thus...

Indeed, it can be argued that Jesus was more Gnostic than Christian (in terms of religion). His philosophy/teachings were closer to the Gnostic religion, which predates Christianity. It's been said the Roman empire likely stole the teachings of the Gnostics and perverted and turned around much of their teachings in order to create the Christian religion and fiefdom.

Unlike modern people, who are predominantly growing athiest, I have belief in God and Jesus, but I am anti-religion too, if that makes sense? I don't trust the words of the NT when I researched the book of X and the book of Mark and other apocryphal books that didn't make the NT, (see the Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden) specifically that depict Jesus entire life from birth to 33, whereas the NT willfully leaves out most of his life due to the contents. In the end I have my own tailor-made concept of God/Jesus and teachings or understandings of morality, sin, etc. It's kinda Gnosticism, the inner truth universal truth angle but without all the hard-boiled draconian dogmas and rules that all religions have going against them. In my perception, God created everything as an evolving organism/mechanism, and aspects of life aren't here to forbid but to enjoy or explore, room for adversity and dark, room for happiness and light, and not a universe where good and evil are opposing forces of opposing gods, but two hands working in accord with each other toward a bigger picture we don't/can't know.

Reckon my Dragonslayers have a good chance of winning this week against the Cowboys.

Sep 6, 2005
I will say tho that there are very real cases of demonic possession and many beyond belief notable modern cases of such, recorded by police etc, where prayer, Jesus, etc helped rid them. Or people who have had Jesusian visions etc and converted from staunch Islam to become christian missionaries.

So I don't have all the answers, far from it, there is a lot to digest and compute. I am ever evolving is all I know.

Fabab

May 2, 2018
Fixed it for you champ
What a piece of work you are sitting in your parents basement being a keyboard warrior on the net.
Wow you have made it in life you are a moderator and are always pc and everyone should share your views and beliefs.

I think the players are wrong in their stance but isnt everyone entitled to an opinion?

Sep 12, 2007
What a piece of work you are sitting in your parents basement being a keyboard warrior on the net.
Wow you have made it in life you are a moderator and are always pc and everyone should share your views and beliefs.

I think the players are wrong in their stance but isnt everyone entitled to an opinion?
When it’s a homophobic one then no, they’re not.

Go have a beer with him and revel in your hate speech together.

Fabab

May 2, 2018
When it’s a homophobic one then no, they’re not.

Go have a beer with him and revel in your hate speech together.
What hate speech you clown? Have i said anything that warrants your comments?
Mr/Mrs perfect you must think you are and how do you know whether i drink beer or not?
A lot of assumptions you are jumping too.

Are you enjoying the game or do you just jump from thread to thread with your moral crusade?

Sep 12, 2007
What hate speech you clown? Have i said anything that warrants your comments?
Mr/Mrs perfect you must think you are and how do you know whether i drink beer or not?
A lot of assumptions you are jumping too.

Are you enjoying the game or do you just jump from thread to thread with your moral crusade?
Not really enjoying the game no but you seem to think saying gay is a sin isnt hate speech so you wanna throw your lot in there knock yourself out.

As has been pointed out it’s more an srp thread and frankly I cbd with bigots so carry on.

Fabab

May 2, 2018
Not really enjoying the game no but you seem to think saying gay is a sin isnt hate speech so you wanna throw your lot in there knock yourself out.

As has been pointed out it’s more an srp thread and frankly I cbd with bigots so carry on.
I didnt say gay is a sin I merely didnt like the poster being bullied.
You have no idea who i am but label me a bigot,would tell you what i think of you but you are a hero moderator so therefore i do not want kicked off here.
Have a very pleasant night .

Sep 12, 2007
You have no idea who i am but label me a bigot,would tell you what i think of you but you are a hero moderator so therefore i do not want kicked off here.
Go nuts, dm me if you like. Fwiw I didn’t label you anything you defended a bloke who said being gay was a sin, that’s homophobic, next time you wanna wade into a discussion try reading the whole thing first.

If you hear something offensive or wrong, you call it out. That's what happened.