Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

If you call "bunking brothers" a terrible result then I have news for you.
step brothers bedroom GIF

It's a grey area. Over here you have to arrest someone to question them, its not an implication of guilt. Suspend someone and they'll say you've denied him opportunity to earn bonuses/commercial income etc so I'm not sure you could legally suspend until a charge is laid.

Sigurdsson is the obvious counter to that, but that may have been a mutual decision between player and club.

It's a grey area. Over here you have to arrest someone to question them, its not an implication of guilt. Suspend someone and they'll say you've denied him opportunity to earn bonuses/commercial income etc so I'm not sure you could legally suspend until a charge is laid.

Sigurdsson is the obvious counter to that, but that may have been a mutual decision between player and club.
Wasn't he charged?

The rumoured player in question is in the USA with the team, I would have thought bail would be contingent on remaining in the UK.

The plot thickens. Maybe no charges were laid and the player was released? You are right in saying someone on bail probably wouldn't be allowed to leave the country.

Until charges were laid it seems irresponsible to drip feed some information out there IMO. "Premier League international playing at Qatar 22" etc etc seems unnecessary to publicise.

A simple "A 29 year old footballer has been arrested on suspsicion of rape in North London" should have sufficed for media purposes.

Until charges were laid it seems irresponsible to drip feed some information out there IMO. "Premier League international playing at Qatar 22" etc etc seems unnecessary to publicise.

A simple "A 29 year old footballer has been arrested on suspsicion of rape in North London" should have sufficed for media purposes.

Or even "a footballer has been arrested in North London" and no more than that.

It's all just become a game of Guess Who, hasn't it?

Or even "a footballer has been arrested in North London" and no more than that.

It's all just become a game of Guess Who, hasn't it?

It has unfortunately and invariably an innocent footballer completely unrelated to the incident is a good chance of being accused of this.

I suspect the media have a contact within the police who know who it is and they have decided to release as much information as possible without actually identifying the footballer who was arrested in order to generate as much clicks as possible and protect themselves legally. "A footballer has been arrested in North London" does not generate the same amount of clicks.

To me that's abhorrent behavior by the tabloids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumoured player in question is in the USA with the team, I would have thought bail would be contingent on remaining in the UK.
I read yesterday that he wouldn't be going on the trip.

I read yesterday that he wouldn't be going on the trip.

Yeah, I'm surprised by it but he's definitely there, is in the squad. This is from "the club in question"...

"We are aware of the allegations which are currently the subject of a police investigation," the club, which has also not been named, said in a statement.

"We have confirmed that the player denies the allegations and is on police bail pending the outcome of their enquiries. There have been no charges laid and the player can fulfil his professional commitments including permitted travel.

"We take our commitments and responsibilities seriously and have followed our safeguarding policies and procedures.

"We will keep this matter under close consideration and will review further if circumstances change."

Yeah, I'm surprised by it but he's definitely there, is in the squad. This is from "the club in question"...

"We are aware of the allegations which are currently the subject of a police investigation," the club, which has also not been named, said in a statement.

"We have confirmed that the player denies the allegations and is on police bail pending the outcome of their enquiries. There have been no charges laid and the player can fulfil his professional commitments including permitted travel.

"We take our commitments and responsibilities seriously and have followed our safeguarding policies and procedures.

"We will keep this matter under close consideration and will review further if circumstances change."
Sounds like it is the player many thought it was. Someone with the surname that sounds like a Sydney Swans youngster...

Last edited:
Sounds like it is the player many thought it was. Someone with the surname that sounds like a Sydney Swans youngster...

Harry Kanklin?

Because I’m dumb, would this also rhyme with something that would have a cake, balloons and presents if your younger or shots, beer pong and loud music if you’re older?

Because I’m dumb, would this also rhyme with something that would have a cake, balloons and presents if your younger or shots, beer pong and loud music if you’re older?
I mean, not only does it rhyme, it's the same word spelled differently.

In no way is this a dig at the poor victim.

But is posting that online going to help Partey avoid punishment? Or was he so unlikely of anything happening that at least it's out there and people can see what a piece of s**t he was without all the secrecy protecting his case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back