Current Bodies of Two Sisters as Saudi Foreign Nationals Found in Canterbury Apartment - NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

The women have lived in Australia for the past five years.

So what?

We're just having a discussion and sometimes we speculate, this is what we do on the crime board particularly over suspicious and unsolved crimes. The Saudi connection can't be overlooked, it's made press with the cops investigating links as well.

Geez you really don't get it.

Nah, I get where you're coming from. I agree that at this stage though as probably everybody else does, there's nothing to suggest the rels were responsible.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Dead Saudi sisters were ‘like two little sparrows ... scared of something’​

'July 28, 2022 — 5.14pm'

'If there was a knock on their door, Saudi-born sisters Asra and Amaal Alsehli did not want to open it. And when they did, they would be “tucked in the corner like two little sparrows”, said one of those who spotted their fear and tried to help them.
“They were scared of something.”'

'A plumber who visited the unit also raised concerns. “[He] said, ‘there’s something mysterious happening there’,” the worker said. The sisters’ car – a series five BMW – was also keyed, although that may have been because they were parking in the wrong spot.'

'The managers noticed the women’s nervousness and called police about a welfare check, the worker said. “The girls did not want to open the door; they did not want to participate in any sort of conversation,” he said. “The cops said, ‘We’re worried. Can we help you?’ ” They said no.'

“I took one look at those girls, and thought, ‘You are hiding something.’ These girls were very secretive. They kept a very low profile.” Their unit was sparsely furnished, but as messy as would be typical for 20-something sisters who spent most of their time at home.

'The sisters originally settled in Fairfield in Sydney, before moving to Canterbury about 2020. They paid about $500 a week for their flat. They were registered as sole traders, but not for GST, which is only required for those earning more than $75,000 a year.'

'Police will not reveal the nature of their businesses.'

'In 2018, the elder sister, Asra, took out an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order, but it was withdrawn and dismissed.'

'Another person with knowledge of the case, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the women had sought asylum in Australia. A police spokeswoman refused to confirm this, saying police did not comment on residency status.'

'A floor plan shows both women’s bedrooms had access to balconies, which were visible to traffic-clogged Canterbury Road.'

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 9.58.58 pm.png

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Maybe the food was gifted by someone to them, and the ladies refused to collect the food, fearing that someone might be trying to poison them with such gifts.

50% on the ball.

'Late last year, the sisters told the building’s managers they feared someone was tampering with their food deliveries. Surveillance video showed no issues, said one employee of the building management company, Transparent FM, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.'

fazacs1

Debutant
Jun 21, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
50% on the ball.

'Late last year, the sisters told the building’s managers they feared someone was tampering with their food deliveries. Surveillance video showed no issues, said one employee of the building management company, Transparent FM, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.'
How terribly sad 😞 to flee your home and leave your family, only to live in fear in a new country

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
'PUBLISHED: 01:19 AEST, 28 July 2022 | UPDATED: 08:10 AEST, 28 July 2022'

'the press conference that police called to appeal for help took a twist when the location was shifted at the last minute, and the time suddenly moved forward - meaning many journalists could not attend.'

Maybe NSW Police should hold another press conference then so that the journos that missed out can attend.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Doubt the family had anything to do with it. Just basing this on what the police have or haven't said yet.

'sources told Daily Mail Australia the women were in contact with a refugee service for five years, which helps foreign nationals escaping persecution and seeking asylum.

Sources also said the sisters were not in regular contact with their relatives back home.'

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At first I thought it may have been a suicide pact. Honour killing cannot be ruled out, it's what I thought of when they were identified as Saudi. We don't know the cause of death and their bodies apparently were in a state of decay when found, which may make cause of death harder to determine.

The fact that they were in Australia for a number of years does not mean honour killings should be ruled out with the evidence available (in public).

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
'sources told Daily Mail Australia the women were in contact with a refugee service for five years, which helps foreign nationals escaping persecution and seeking asylum.

Sources also said the sisters were not in regular contact with their relatives back home.'

Again what does this prove?

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I admit I don't know much about honour killings but is there a time frame for such things?

Why does 5 years rule out honour killing?

Especially if they were in hiding and given that you couldn't enter Australia for two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At first I thought it may have been a suicide pact. Honour killing cannot be ruled out, it's what I thought of when they were identified as Saudi. We don't know the cause of death and their bodies apparently were in a state of decay when found, which may make cause of death harder to determine.

The fact that they were in Australia for a number of years does not mean honour killings should be ruled out with the evidence available (in public).

Are honour killings mysteries?

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe read

Saudi Arabia: 10 Reasons Why Women Flee​

Rampant Discrimination, Abuse

This may give you some insight

I am from a Muslim background you ignoramous. I been too Muslim countries. Seen and experienced the things you read so no I don't need no insights.

fazacs1

Debutant
Jun 21, 2022
AFL Club
Carlton
I am from a Muslim background you ignoramous. I been too Muslim countries. Seen and experienced the things you read so no I don't need no insights.
So you, more than others, would understand the plight of women from these countries. I guess, from your comments, you agree that women should have no rights or freedom of speech also.

Whatever happened to Asra and Amaal, happened on our turf. I'm not restricting the discussion if it takes us in to sensitive areas because you're getting pissy about it.

It's possible to navigate our way through it without blowing the thread up.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I admit I don't know much about honour killings but is there a time frame for such things?

Why does 5 years rule out honour killing?

Especially if they were in hiding and given that you couldn't enter Australia for two years.
Not an expert, but IMO there would be no time frame as the act (HK) would be perpetrated when the claimed incident became knowledge and would also depend on when the perpetrator was able to organise and commit the act(HK). And agree that as they were in Australian it may have taken time to track them and organise.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
it may have taken time to track them and organise.
Even moreso if they stayed off social media, and were living under "new" names in Australia for self-protective measures from what they were fleeing/seeking asylum from, or had good grounds to fear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back