Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if Jackson fulfils his potential as a first ruck. I cant see any scenario where he’s worth over a million a year.

The closest ruck to being worth that money is Gawn. And even then, I’d rather pay the money to an Oliver or petracca

Even if Jackson fulfils his potential as a first ruck. I cant see any scenario where he’s worth over a million a year.

The closest ruck to being worth that money is Gawn. And even then, I’d rather pay the money to an Oliver or petracca
He won’t be getting $1m or more a year so he won’t have to justify it.

I would think the same if we are honest Freo have been good for us.

Assuming Lobb goes to the Dogs maybe something like this:

Freo trade Lobb and 2023 1st to Dogs for WB Pick 10 and 2023 2nd

Freo trade picks 10 & 2022 1st to Melbourne for Jackson

Dogs receive: Lobb and Freo future 1st.

Fremantle receive: Jackson and 2023 2nd via Dogs

Dees receive: Picks 10 and 14

I cant see how we can receive any higher picks than these.
No way in the world 10 and 14 are getting it done for Jackson. Will need to be top 5 pick thrown in, 2 top 10 picks, 3 first rounders or another player ie Meek thrown in with 10 and 14. You cant expect to offer 10 million for a 20yo number 3 draft pick that's won the rising star and a flag already and pay unders, he'd be pick 1 if the draft was re done now

If I was Melbourne I'd be letting Jackson know that if he wants to get to Freo they need to be fairly compensated otherwise he can prepare to play for the eagles.

No way in the world 10 and 14 are getting it done for Jackson. Will need to be top 5 pick thrown in, 2 top 10 picks, 3 first rounders or another player ie Meek thrown in with 10 and 14. You cant expect to offer 10 million for a 20yo number 3 draft pick that's won the rising star and a flag already and pay unders, he'd be pick 1 if the draft was re done now

If I was Melbourne I'd be letting Jackson know that if he wants to get to Freo they need to be fairly compensated otherwise he can prepare to play for the eagles.
🤣 You think your getting pick 1 or 2?
Like it or hate it, Jackson will be at Freo next year.

Prepare to be disappointed.
No chance we can get two top 10 picks to trade for Jackson. We will be lucky to get one, most likely we will get 10-14.

Best you'll get is an upgraded pick (Lobb trade) and our 2023 first rounder.
Meeks may be involved, but only if he wants to go, that will involve something coming back though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see Luke being a bit like Blicavs with us
Yeah - i could see this. I've no idea what sort of player he'll end up being 10 years down the track, but reckon he'll play a number of different roles for whoever he ends up with. Not just limited to ruck/forward, forward/ruck.

I really hope he stays!

Are you Danster in disguise?

Prepare to be disappointed.
No chance we can get two top 10 picks to trade for Jackson. We will be lucky to get one, most likely we will get 10-14.

Best you'll get is an upgraded pick (Lobb trade) and our 2023 first rounder.
Meeks may be involved, but only if he wants to go, that will involve something coming back though.
You wont be getting him then, will look better in eagles colours than purple anyway.

I think you should prepare to be slightly disappointed mate. If we had 2 top 10 picks 1 would be used for Jackson. When was the last time a player went for 2 top 10s haha?
TK was 2 firsts and 2 nd rounders and hes a potato, Cameron was 3 firsts and he's late 20's, Lever and Sheil were 2 first rounders and Jacksons value is far higher than those , Judd was pick 3 and a pick four player in Kennedy

Fremantle now going after kozzie Pickett along with WCE and Port. Maybe Freo will offer us a 3rd rounder and Joel Hamling for him. lol

You wont be getting him then, will look better in eagles colours than purple anyway.

Come on Dan, you know that's not how trades work. Claiming Melbourne will "just deal with West Coast" is as stupid as Fremantle supporters saying "we'll just send him to the preseason draft".

Come on Dan, you know that's not how trades work. Claiming Melbourne will "just deal with West Coast" is as stupid as Fremantle supporters saying "we'll just send him to the preseason draft".
Tell that to Nick Stevens

Andrew Brayshaw will always have a lower ceiling though. He'll always be in the ollie wines/Jack Steele type. lacking speed and hurt factor to be anything opposition coaches have to stress over.
If Brashaw is nothing for opposition coaches to be stressed about, why do they tag him every week. Curious.

Tell that to Nick Stevens
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back