Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
3AW is strong because a heap of people listen to them. A sport station has a fairly small audience. Even the most fanatic sports people would struggle to listen to SEN all day every day.
I only listen to Garry and Tim now, then the second they're off, I'm off.

Usually switch to 3aw, then I turn off at mid-day, Dee Dee is dead set annoying, she ******* kills me. Then I catch up on podcast if I'm still out on the road.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I have to give credit to SEN (Hutchy). Its great they picked up the coverage of the Olympics last year and the Commonwealth games this year.

I know it's just a Seven relay but someone like my Dad loves radio coverage of these types of events and he is really enjoying it listening through the app.

I doubt there is much money it but with the ABC abandoning coverage of these types of events it's good SEN have picked it up in some form.

The actual TV relay works okay in these circumstances.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I have to give credit to SEN (Hutchy). Its great they picked up the coverage of the Olympics last year and the Commonwealth games this year.

I know it's just a Seven relay but someone like my Dad loves radio coverage of these types of events and he is really enjoying it listening through the app.

I doubt there is much money it but with the ABC abandoning coverage of these types of events it's good SEN have picked it up in some form.

The actual TV relay works okay in these circumstances.
SEN really need to be buying more sports not less. There's really no reason why there shouldn't be live sport on the wireless from Friday night 6pm to Monday 6am.

MisterB

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2008
Melboune
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I commend the fat guy for getting SEN to present radio coverage of the Commonwealth Games, but for god's sake, have presenters who some some interest in sport and some clue on what a sports presenter is meant to do. The anchor is a woman who is okay, albeit that she is just filling in the gaps between when they play the TV coverage for the actual sports action. However, she often allows a young sounding male to provide results. Bugger me, he sounds like a work experience kid who would rather be anywhere else but on the radio and struggles to complete a sentence. He gives out results without saying which event and which sport the results are for. Based on these performances, I suggest he finds another career.

enzso

Senior List
Mar 6, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I've tried a couple of times recently to switch over to SEN, as I'm bored with my current station. Two things turn me back off. Firstly I just can't do all the damn ads. What staggers me is that advertisers sign up at all. How can any advertiser see value in being buried in amongst a group of 9 or 10 ads in a break? How can there be any brand retention with so many messages squeezed in together?

The other thing that gets me is nobody seems to be at all interested in how the station sounds. All their promo and intro music beds are distorted rock guitar, which sounds effing awful on AM. Even on digital it's hard to listen to. Someone needs to go in there and wind down the treble a little. Oh, and find a new intro track for Crunch Time. The continuously looped 4 bars of Foo Fighters running non stop for 5 or 6 minutes is absolutely objectionable.

enzso

Senior List
Mar 6, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I wonder with rating surveys if you still need to fill out paper form
I got sent the ratings book a couple of years ago, then was later asked to participate in the trial of a wristwatch which could register what you listened to. There was also a mobile phone app that would listen. I think both are in use now.

Lol nuffies central on midday madness. I find callers state the topic they wish to raise, explain it, then repeat the topic, and explain it again.

Hawks caller said it was disappointing that mcilvoy didn’t get a send off/guard of honour from the suns after the game. Mentioned that “players get that all the time now (line up)”. Then said disappointing another 5 times

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol nuffies central on midday madness. I find callers state the topic they wish to raise, explain it, then repeat the topic, and explain it again.

Hawks caller said it was disappointing that mcilvoy didn’t get a send off/guard of honour from the suns after the game. Mentioned that “players get that all the time now (line up)”. Then said disappointing another 5 times
It was an embarrasing listen

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anna once again giving yesterdays news , she must do it the night before
Sen most probably record the short news segments , with the intention to place them in the allotted news slots during the day

Sen may not pay the newsreaders for a full day , probably only for the morning lunch time then send them home early afternoon and replay replay replay

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I missed that cut-off this morning........can't think why Chris Fagan is a liar. What were they talking about?

I wonder if he meant Andrew Fagan of the Adelaide Crows re: the notorious camp

(no relation either I believe)

Sen most probably record the short news segments , with the intention to place them in the allotted news slots during the day

Sen may not pay the newsreaders for a full day , probably only for the morning lunch time then send them home early afternoon and replay replay replay
They certainly do. Its a tried and tested methodology in media/visual entertainment.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Good old Marg yesterday called Collingwood DOGS , Dwayne said he wouldn't normally let that through

And the station was inundated with complaints so Der-wayne had to apologise for not dumping on Marg from Sunbury!!....Pretty ordinary comment from the old bird. Considering they want her to be a regular on their station, maybe Hutchy should teach her some radio etiquette...

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Sanderson was back on Crunch time on Saturday , did he give up his AFL gig ?
National Community Umpiring Manager

It is with sadness that I announce that Brenton Sanderson’s role as National Community Umpiring Manager is coming to an end. The Game Development department is working on a restructure of Umpiring, Coaching and Volunteers all within the same team and a number of roles have changed scope.

Despite Sando only being in the umpiring community for a few months, I can honestly say that Sando showed great support and appreciation of umpires after his extensive career as a player and coach. Everyone in the Vic community wishes you the best in the next step, whatever that may be, and you will always be welcome back into the umpiring community at any time!

was there all of 5 minutes…did squat…if you want a microcosm of why the afl is in trouble this is it

Back