Opinion How can this Geelong side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Take out their most important player early in the game :rolleyes:
I see what you did there, but in all seriousness this 12 day concussion regulation is going to get a team this year, you can bank on it. Because prelims are as fierce as it gets.

When they're on, the Swans are the best side by foot in the competition.
It may be the only way to get through the Geelong defence when Stewart is back in the side.

Agree which is why sydney are the only side apart from melbournes clearance dominance that i wouldnt back us against in a GF.

Agree which is why sydney are the only side apart from melbournes clearance dominance that i wouldnt back us against in a GF.
The only team in the top 6 atm I CANT see winning it this year is the Dockers, because I just think they lack enough scoring power, this season is primed for a great finals series.

Is there a week off before the Granny this season?
No, it’s reverted back to pre-finals, it’s a disaster waiting to happen….Because as important as concussion is, not all head knocks are the same, so you might well have a perfectly fit player sitting out of a GF all for the “look of” the game.

Screw it, I'm all in. Geelong can't be stopped, and won't lose another game before May 2023 (pre-season doesn't count).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess he can’t be your most important then aye?

Or we're really good

Ooooh GIF

Geelong have an advantage over the rest of the comp.
They have a cultural advantage.
They have a whole regional city to draw from. A city whose population are 98% Geelong supporters.
How could any player or club not be be stimulated by that environment?

Geelong have an advantage over the rest of the comp.
They have a cultural advantage.
They have a whole regional city to draw from. A city whose population are 98% Geelong supporters.
How could any player or club not be be stimulated by that environment?

That's the same reason Collingwood players are so good at Markers Up in the communal gardens between the 2 towers at the Hoddle St commission housing.

Fair enough. I would have agreed in 2020 but adding Cameron to the team makes me confident that if our of our KPFs was missing, we'd still have the other one. Stewart just leaves an irreplaceable hole with us relying on two players under 23 yo (Henry and De Koning) to hold down our backline.

How can Geelong be stopped?

Play them in September.

Going to be some very nervous supporters and most importantly, players come September. Expect Geelong to win one of their finals and then choke late September. Will be interesting to see if Dangerfield can get more than 10 effective disposals in '22.

In all seriousness, credit where credit is due. They have definitely improved and whilst I still think their midfield can be exploited, it's improved throughout this season and they may well continue to improve. I'm still expecting them to fall over but that's not based on what they've shown this year.

Going to be some very nervous supporters and most importantly, players come September. Expect Geelong to win one of their finals and then choke late September. Will be interesting to see if Dangerfield can get more than 10 effective disposals in '22.

In all seriousness, credit where credit is due. They have definitely improved and whilst I still think their midfield can be exploited, it's improved throughout this season and they may well continue to improve. I'm still expecting them to fall over but that's not based on what they've shown this year.
This is accurate. We still have periods where we get scored against heavily and destroyed out of the middle. In the last month we've managed to wrestle back control of the game which is encouraging and something we didn't do in the past. However, I think we need to continue to improve in the middle if we are to take out the flag.

You don't stop geelong, you move them through time and space, further increasing their age. They're dangerously old already.

Last chance saloon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back