Prediction Which two teams will finish 7th and 8th in 2022?

Which team finishes in 8th position in 2022?

• Carlton

• Richmond

• Bulldogs

• St Kilda

• Port Adelaide

• Gold Coast

Results are only viewable after voting.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm hoping the Cats do their job against the Saints and then Richmond's season is entirely in our hands, win out and we make finals guaranteed.
You would expect Geelong to beat the Saints at GMHBA next week. St Kilda weren't very convincing against the Hawks yesterday and Geelong seem to be motoring towards another minor premiership.

Knowing you are mathematically alive is different from knowing you are alive though. They have lost twice since they went into that Geelong game. They would now need Richmond, St Kilda and The Bulldogs to lose out. The Dogs still play GWS so its not happening. Having said that our first half today was some of the worst footy Ive ever seen, so if we play like that Port will thump us.
All you can really do as a player is adopt the mentality that you give yourself the best possible opportunity to qualify while you're still capable of making it. Ken Hinkley said as much during the week and pointed out that weird things tend to happen in footy so you just need to put yourself in a position to be there when/if an opportunity arises. Plus, Hinkley may very well be on the chopping block so he'll definitely want to beat Richmond.

You take it one week at a time in a situation like this. Will they still be alive for another week if they beat Richmond on Saturday night? As long as Fremantle beat the Dogs and Geelong beat St Kilda, then the answer is yes. Then you move onto the following week and try to find an avenue that keeps you mathematically alive going into the final week of the season.

Not really sure why you've identified the Bulldogs playing GWS when the Dogs are currently on 10 wins, Port are on 8 wins and there's three 3 games to go. If the Bulldogs do beat GWS and lose their other 2 games but Port win their last 3 games then both teams will finish the season on 11 wins and it'll come down to percentage which is once again why you would label Port Adelaide a mathematical chance from here. Port are within 5% of the Dogs right now so it's not like it can't be done.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
With the pre finals bye, I highly doubt teams will be resting players and flirt with form. AFL stamped this out when Freo tanked in last round of 2013 and North in last round 2015.
Potentially but players sore will be rested instead of pushing through like normal

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I still reckon Dogs will make it. I'm tipping they will do enough and win their last three remaining games. They'll be dangerous in finals should they be there, we've seen more than once that they can get to the GF without needing the double chance.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah I still reckon Dogs will make it. I'm tipping they will do enough and win their last three remaining games. They'll be dangerous in finals should they be there, we've seen more than once that they can get to the GF without needing the double chance.
Fremantle will jump back into the top 4 (at least temporarily) if they beat the Dogs next week. I have a feeling the Dockers are going to be pretty pumped up for that one!

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fremantle will jump back into the top 4 (at least temporarily) if they beat the Dogs next week. I have a feeling the Dockers are going to be pretty pumped up for that one!
Yeah I wouldn't rule out seeing a response from the Dockers. Been impressed with their record away from home and they did win at Marvel recently against the Saints which I wasn't expecting going into that game. Reckon the Dogs will be a more difficult opposition than the Saints but Freo have already surprised me quite a few times this year so they could surprise me once again and win away from home against a quality side in WB.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep I think that happens and both sneak in (Blues win 1 dogs win 2)

Tigers finish ninth
Saints lose all 3 games and finish 10th

If dogs win 2 they won’t get in, we’ll win at least 2 and sneak in because of the draw against Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tipping Freo to bounce back and beat the dogs. Season over for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo also play Marvel very well. It's the game I'm really struggling to tip. Probably leave it till the very last minute. I have tipped Free at this stage but I'm not confident. Fremantle have talls that can really trouble an inconsistent defence.

Scroater

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2003
InLarry6'sbulldogphotos
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
If you want to upset Geelong mates, tell them you can see Tigers 7th and Dogs 8th getting through to the grand final to play each other.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tipping Freo to bounce back and beat the dogs. Season over for them.
It's an interesting one. If Freo do bounce back and take down the Dogs then that'll keep the Doggies on 10 wins. You would obviously expect Geelong to take down St Kilda at GMHBA and that will keep the Saints on 11 wins. So then you have Richmond flying over to Adelaide without Dylan Grimes to take on a Port side that mathematically is still alive. A Tigers win gets them to 11.5 wins if they take down Port and that should get them into the top 8 but if they lose then that keeps them on 10.5 wins and it just adds another layer of drama to the season finish. Adding to the frantic situation is the fact that the Suns can also get to 10 wins on Saturday afternoon should they take down the injury depleted Hawks.

It's entirely possible the ladder will look like this on Sunday with two rounds to go:

7. Carlton 12-8
8. St Kilda 11-9
9. Richmond 10.5-9.5
10. Bulldogs 10-10
11. Gold Coast 10-10

That's when it becomes a shootout IMO. In the last two rounds, Carlton have Melbourne and Collingwood at the MCG. My tip would be that the Blues lose both of those games and remain on 12 wins with a percentage that will likely be below 110%. Then you have St Kilda who face Brisbane and Sydney at Marvel in their final two rounds. Again, I think St Kilda lose both of those games which keeps them on 11 wins with a percentage that will likely be below 100%. Richmond have Hawthorn and Essendon at the MCG and I'm expecting them to win at least one of those so they either finish on 11.5 wins or 12.5 wins with a percentage around the 115% mark under this circumstance. Bulldogs have GWS at Marvel and Hawthorn in Launceston. That looks like two wins for the Dogs but Hawthorn did shock them down in Tassie last year so who knows what might happen this time around if a spot in the 8 is on the line. The Dogs should get to 12 wins but could end the season on 11 wins with a percentage around 108%. And finally, we have Gold Coast who face Geelong at Metricon and North at Marvel. That looks like one win and one loss to me so the Suns should finish the season on 11 wins with a percentage around 106%.

What does it all mean? Carlton and St Kilda are vulnerable, Richmond appear to be in a fantastic position to make it but without Grimes a slip up against Essendon/GWS could cost them, the Dogs will have to nervously wait until the final day of the season to know what's required when they head to Tasmania and the Suns would need to somehow beat Geelong at Metricon to have a chance. Although it may end up being a fight for percentage to decide 8th between St Kilda, the Dogs and possibly even the Suns. The machinations from here are quite interesting, particularly if this weekends results fall the way that has been described above.

Last edited:
Back