Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Never Again Teacher-Blackboard.png dummy.gif

Will you repeat the mistakes of 2022 .....Whitfield, Jelly, GWS Players ?

Our days of "Set & Forget" Rucks ....are they a thing of the pass

We need to review and discuss the use of "Trade Boosts"

I'm already getting excited

The ruck dilemna. Gawn and a very open R2. I hope Ryder decides to retire!
There will be multiple MID SP choices, not really a top 2 or 3 as in previous years. Macrae, Ollie, Neale, Miller, Bont, Laird, Walsh, Steele, can't start them all!

Reckon I'll save at least two boosts for the bye weeks. Not only to get enough warm bodies, but the mid-season draft is around that time as well.

Hard to say which other 29 players I will pick.

Hayden Young

Rory Laird

Dylan Moore

Building around that.

No GWS or Richmond players. Tom Green or Taranto only if they get traded.

Oliver, Laird, Stewart, Dawson, Bont, Steele Gawn and Touk will all be starters.

Coleman, Blakey and Young are all tempting.

I think Ryder will retire the end of the season. So I will probably start with the same combo I did this year Gawn & Marshall.
Backline so far Locks will be Sinclair,Stewart,Dawson and possibly Daicos
Midfield Laird,Oliver,Touk,Neale. Will also possibly Go Danger avg 82 but always starts on fire & Fyfe avg 66 at the moment
Forwards I really have No idea who at the moment.
Players to Watch :
Tarryn Thomas hopefully he can get his personal life back on track he is a star in the making
Errol Gulden is a gun will be 3rd year be around $400k
Jordan DeGoey he has done nothing this year will be around $400k Watch

Definately NO Port/GWS or Tigers players

The ruck dilemna. Gawn and a very open R2. I hope Ryder decides to retire!
There will be multiple MID SP choices, not really a top 2 or 3 as in previous years. Macrae, Ollie, Neale, Miller, Bont, Laird, Walsh, Steele, can't start them all!

Reckon I'll save at least two boosts for the bye weeks. Not only to get enough warm bodies, but the mid-season draft is around that time as well.

Hard to say which other 29 players I will pick.
im thinking to try something completely different and try to only pick players who will rise in price the most. SPs drop in price. players get injured/suspended so would need to be traded out eventually.

the only exemption id give is to Laird. that list of mids youve named is pretty spot on. it should make 2023 interesting as teams might be a bit more poddish.

dont see a point for aiming to save boosts for bye rounds. using 4 trades in one week is massive. by that stage of the season it would be at almost 1/4 of most peoples remaining trades.

will go hard on trading in very low breakevens for my value pick midpricers and non playing rookies. will avoid sideways trading premos at all costs (therapy may be required). try to actually not look to do many upgrades until the byes. try build a huge bank and boost my way leading into the byes and out of it.

its a strategy ive put a bit of thought into. even if it involves having a mill in the bank at the start and beginning the season slow. i think it would result in a steam train ride home to the end.

we saw players like bont drop by 100k. picking up SPs like that results in a 200k swing by the time they return to their starting price. do that at least 5 times over and thats an extra mill in the bank.

im thinking to try something completely different and try to only pick players who will rise in price the most. SPs drop in price. players get injured/suspended so would need to be traded out eventually.

the only exemption id give is to Laird. that list of mids youve named is pretty spot on. it should make 2023 interesting as teams might be a bit more poddish.

dont see a point for aiming to save boosts for bye rounds. using 4 trades in one week is massive. by that stage of the season it would be at almost 1/4 of most peoples remaining trades.

will go hard on trading in very low breakevens for my value pick midpricers and non playing rookies. will avoid sideways trading premos at all costs (therapy may be required). try to actually not look to do many upgrades until the byes. try build a huge bank and boost my way leading into the byes and out of it.

its a strategy ive put a bit of thought into. even if it involves having a mill in the bank at the start and beginning the season slow. i think it would result in a steam train ride home to the end.

we saw players like bont drop by 100k. picking up SPs like that results in a 200k swing by the time they return to their starting price. do that at least 5 times over and thats an extra mill in the bank.
It would work, if you don’t really care about leagues

No GWS or Richmond players. Tom Green or Taranto only if they get traded.

Oliver, Laird, Stewart, Dawson, Bont, Steele Gawn and Touk will all be starters.

Coleman, Blakey and Young are all tempting.

Add Anderson to dat List .

Get another lab Kent...woof .

It would work, if you don’t really care about leagues
dont see why leagues would be an issue.. would just need to make top 8. leagues dont start until round 3. might start a few games behind but shouldnt be too much of an ask to sneak into the 8 for a finals run home.

even looking for underpriced premos. even if theyre not an ideal premo youd want. would just grab value where you can. can still post respectable scores from the start.

try to pick players like sinclair who was a bit of a breakout contender and players like cripps and sic who were very underpriced due to injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen on a tragics league (I should have joined years ago ) I'm just always AWOL here around that time due to NBA fantasy

My 2023 season planning though, will involve planning. Unlike this year

Keen on a tragics league (I should have joined years ago ) I'm just always AWOL here around that time due to NBA fantasy

My 2023 season planning though, will involve planning. Unlike this year
Drop Jiska a DM

I'm pretty sure I am gonna start with 300k+ left in the kitty.
Just to jump on early midpricers round 3.
I am happy with how my boost season went this year (rounds 6-10)
I didn't pick a decent starting side was my problem.
Oh and 6 captain scores under 100.
G+R for the most part. Maybe 2-3 midpricers in my starting side. (add to this round 3 if necessary)
I don't think we will get another year like this one were so many midpricers turn premo.
Oh and I will prioritize conserving trades over bringing in cover again IMO.

Last edited:
G+R for the most part. Maybe 2-3 midpricers in my starting side. (add to this round 3 if necessary)
I don't think we will get another year like this one were so many midpricers turn premo.
You'd think the rookies will be better next year after getting a full season of TAC/U18 games played?

Picking the right SP mid's is going to be tough, lots of options.

Oh and I will prioritize conserving trades over bringing in cover again IMO.
Super depends on how much HS protocol there will be next year

Having premo cover is great when there's lots of random 1 week HS protocol outs, but not so much if only for 1 week injury cover

You'd think the rookies will be better next year after getting a full season of TAC/U18 games played?

Picking the right SP mid's is going to be tough, lots of options.
Im wondering if the afl may relax the covid list sizes a little and we get bonus rookies.
They will do it either this year or next.

Super depends on how much HS protocol there will be next year

Having premo cover is great when there's lots of random 1 week HS protocol outs, but not so much if only for 1 week injury cover
Ive had one week since the byes when I have not played a rookie.
2450ish every week.
Cover is over rated.
$ on field is everything.
Edit I like a 23rd man that can cover any line if I end the year really rich for trades.

Im wondering if the afl may relax the covid list sizes a little and we get bonus rookies.
They will do it either this year or next.
Not sure about extra rookies on lists. Reduces their JS imo.

Can the AFL afford to increase lists? They must be hurting for cash after 3 seasons of reduced income.

Not sure about extra rookies on lists. Reduces their JS imo.

Can the AFL afford to increase lists? They must be hurting for cash after 3 seasons of reduced income.
It will be a balancing act IMO.
The covid supplementary list would go if we went back to normal list sizes.
Those guys would all have been payed something for this year.
We have crowds back and the new TV rights is due 2024.
Unlikely 2023 but definite for the year after.

It will be a balancing act IMO.
The covid supplementary list would go if we went back to normal list sizes.
Those guys would all have been payed something for this year.
We have crowds back and the new TV rights is due 2024.
Unlikely 2023 but definite for the year after.
With the mid-season draft available to plug holes I suspect they would prefer to keep lists smaller.

Crowds are back but they have been small all year no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back