The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

I do agree with those two. Was another shocker just before the Garcia non-decision where they incorrectly paid HTB against JJ who didn’t have the ball. Gifted Melbourne the ball in their forward half, clear corruption. We need a royal commission
if i'm thinking of the right example, was the JJ one where some melbourne player basically had the ball himself but was locking it inside? If my memory serves me correct initially JJ was tackled correctly and the ball was with JJ but he made no effort to get the ball out so the melb player locked it in waiting for a whistle. i see this paid all the time.

True, the advantage is clearly undeniable. What a fool I must be.

View attachment 1461620

You are a fool, if you take that incredibly high level dataset and conclude that there is no advantage from winning a Free Kick. Which is what you're doing.

It's completely idiotic, frankly.

You are a fool, if you take that incredibly high level dataset and conclude that there is no advantage from winning a Free Kick. Which is what you're doing.

It's completely idiotic, frankly.
Comprehension obviously not your strongpoint. I refer to your posts above about the Bulldogs' supposed 'advantage' from winning more free kicks than the opposition.

Idiotic indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bulldogs with a massive advantage every week (it’s there statistically) and the cats getting the rub of the green all the time is sickening!
so you want to use statistics against Bulldogs but for Cats we will go on vibe😂.
is that because Collingwood has been given more frees for and have had less frees against than Geelong? You couldn't make this s**t up. Wait, you just did.

Comprehension obviously not your strongpoint. I refer to your posts above about the Bulldogs' supposed 'advantage' from winning more free kicks than the opposition.

Idiotic indeed.
I don't think you're grasping this.

There are many factors that influence the result of a game.

Teams can get the ball more than their opponents and lose a game. Teams can get more shots at goal than their opponents and lose a game.

I don't think I've seen anyone state that winning the Free Kick count means you win the game. As per above, there are so many different factors that determine the result of a game. It's actually mind boggling in its stupidity to point to that data to argue anything other than the argument that winning the Free Kick count doesn't mean you will win the game. Which as I said, I haven't seen anyone argue.

But to use it to argue that there's no advantage in getting Free Kicks, and not conceding Free Kicks is just baffling in its idiocy. That data does say that, and doesn't support anything remotely similar to that.

It's like saying a team gained no advantage from having Tony Lockett, as the data shows that none of those teams won a flag.

For some reason, you keep pointing to that meaningless data to prove a point that no one is arguing.

Last edited:
I don't think you're grasping this.

There are many factors that influence the result of a game.

Teams can get the ball more than their opponents and lose a game. Teams can get more shots at goal than their opponents and lose a game.

I don't think I've seen anyone state that winning the Free Kick count means you win the game. As per above, there are so many different factors that determine the result of a game. It's actually mind boggling in its stupidity to point to that data to argue anything other than the argument that winning the Free Kick count doesn't mean you will win the game. Which as I said, I haven't seen anyone argue.

But to use it to argue that there's no advantage in getting Free Kicks, and not conceding Free Kicks is just baffling in its idiocy. That data does say that, and doesn't support anything remotely similar to that.

It's like saying a team gained no advantage from having Tony Lockett, as the data shows that none of those teams won a flag.

For some reason, you keep pointing to that meaningless data to prove a point that no one is arguing.
That's a lot of words to just admit that you don't understand statistics.

You clearly don't, based on your above posts. Ironic that you're calling others fools and morons and then write that post above. Hilarious intact.

I'm happy to debate with people, but when you come across someone who so clearly and blatantly does not understand the topic, it's just a waste of time.

I'll give it one last try...

Has anyone claimed that winning the Free Kick differential means that you'll win the game?

And secondly, are you saying that there is no advantage from getting a Free Kick, and no advantage from not conceding one?

I'm happy to debate with people, but when you come across someone who so clearly and blatantly does not understand the topic, it's just a waste of time.

Has anyone claimed that winning the Free Kick differential means that you'll win the game?

And secondly, are you saying that there is no advantage from getting a Free Kick, and no advantage from not conceding one?
Thanks for the entertainment

If you believe every free kick paid is an advantage to the team receiving it you certainly are not correct.

Some teams deliberately concede free kicks to slow the play and as such are advantaged by conceding a free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back