Player Watch Josh Worrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game.
Even better, his dad was over to watch the game as well.
He is a goer - wants front position and reads the play. I hope we have not p***ed him off that much by not playing him that he asks to leave at seasons end as I have a feeling he could go on to be a 150 + gamer for us if he stays on

Last edited:
Has their been any actual rumours of his dissatisfaction? I see people on this board talking about how he wants out but I’ve seen no actual proof.

Has their been any actual rumours of his dissatisfaction? I see people on this board talking about how he wants out but I’ve seen no actual proof.
Nah, he seems to have settled in well and looking at his social media posts etc gets on well the lads...

I think it's just the fact that we refused to pick him and likely never would have this year if Doedee didn't get injured.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So many comments by people I know saying stuff like “why haven’t we seen him sooner”?

What if we timed it perfectly?

What if the reason he played so well on the weekend was because he had been held back in the SANFL an extra week or two?

Fingers crossed it was all part of the plan. Highly doubt it, but a guy can dream right?

Maybe our second string is full of JWs … just building and building on a perfect trajectory?

Newchurch, Taylor next in line?

McAsey a chance before he gets traded for a third rounder?

Or we fluked it, Doedee too injured to walk and they just grabbed the guy that plays that role in the SANFL

The only thing I dislike is that there is a non-zero chance of him getting dropped. Would be so AFC, got to fit Doedee in somehow
I'd play him every game till the end of the year, and Round 1 next year. He looked great

My bigger concern is that we do the AFC special, where we play him way too late in a season, realise we've got a player on our hand, play him for the final few rounds where he looks great... and then come R1 next year he's nowhere to be seen, somehow edged out over the preseason. Rinse and repeat until we have wasted his development years.

My bigger concern is that we do the AFC special, where we play him way too late in a season, realise we've got a player on our hand, play him for the final few rounds where he looks great... and then come R1 next year he's nowhere to be seen, somehow edged out over the preseason. Rinse and repeat until we have wasted his development years.
I don’t think he we will leave him out of best 22 now

he can play lots of positions utility

find spot for him somewhere

I’m really liking Nankervis too

not long before he debutss

dont worry we got makings of a good group with games just need few v factor players and another Daicos like mid

we getting close

hopefully Rankine or jhf or both and nearly done I think

sure people say no but that’s my take

we all saw Worrell was going to be a best 22

will he better thane Doedee hmm early but maybe

smart clubs play tough trade when have value and he does

would we trade our pick and dodde for jhf. I would

next roo in the making match winner

Nice little endorsement from Campbell Brown...

Not afraid to launch a 2nd gamer into his team of the week.
FZDYhPhaUAA4Tlj

Nice little endorsement from Campbell Brown...

Not afraid to launch a 2nd gamer into his team of the week.
FZDYhPhaUAA4Tlj
Walsh and Cripps were disgusting. Got lots of the ball, but were useless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The proof of the pudding shall be in the eating as always. I'm confident based on that one game plus what I've seen in the SANFL. Apart from good skills and athleticism, there's a high footy IQ to go with those traits.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The interesting thing to me is that he simply transferred his SANFL game direct to AFL. If anything, his spoiling was a bit better.
He seems very consistent, albeit without X-factor.

So many comments by people I know saying stuff like “why haven’t we seen him sooner”?
What if we timed it perfectly?
What if the reason he played so well on the weekend was because he had been held back in the SANFL an extra week or two?
Fingers crossed it was all part of the plan. Highly doubt it, but a guy can dream right?
Maybe our second string is full of JWs … just building and building on a perfect trajectory?
Newchurch, Taylor next in line?
McAsey a chance before he gets traded for a third rounder?
Or we fluked it, Doedee too injured to walk and they just grabbed the guy that plays that role in the SANFL

JW and Strachan have been two best performers in SANFL.
Then probably next tier is Frampton, Sholl, Hately, Taylor. Frampton unlucky not to be in the level above. Pretty consistent and times influential but not dominating games.
Then its Newchurch, Berg, Davis, Cook, Parnell, Gollant. Some good patches, good games and periods of consistent ok performance.
Then Pedlar, Borlase, Nank, McAsey etc. Real inconsistent, long times with low influence or lots of mistakes.

Our second string may end up with lots of JW's but they aint there yet.

Can we never speak of selecting Frampton again, and delist.

Worrell should have played the games we wasted on Frampton. Defensively better and better by foot. Genuine part of our future.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
While I agree with the point, from the very small amount I've seen of both of them, I think that's a reach.

Hope it to be true but don't think I could come to that conclusion after his game on the weekend.

Yeah there's no way Worrell has demonstrated he's even particularly good by foot, let alone better than Frampton who is a genuinely good field kick. It's probably the one weak spot of his game on Saturday night - a few sloppy disposals. Too early to say if it's a real issue or just some nerves or whatever.

Yeah there's no way Worrell has demonstrated he's even particularly good by foot, let alone better than Frampton who is a genuinely good field kick. It's probably the one weak spot of his game on Saturday night - a few sloppy disposals. Too early to say if it's a real issue or just some nerves or whatever.
Worrell has shown he is equal to or better than Frampton in SANFL (and I rate Framptons field kicking don't worry about that).

JW and Strachan have been two best performers in SANFL.
Then probably next tier is Frampton, Sholl, Hately, Taylor. Frampton unlucky not to be in the level above. Pretty consistent and times influential but not dominating games.
Then its Newchurch, Berg, Davis, Cook, Parnell, Gollant. Some good patches, good games and periods of consistent ok performance.
Then Pedlar, Borlase, Nank, McAsey etc. Real inconsistent, long times with low influence or lots of mistakes.

Our second string may end up with lots of JW's but they aint there yet.
Borlase has performed more consistently than almost all of our listed players SANFL wise ....it's just that I don't see his lack of pace translating to the 3rd tall intercepting mark at AFL level he'd have to play, no way he could play Key Defence on the taller KPF's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back