Player Watch Shai Bolton - The Next Best Player In The Game

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He’s an absolute freak.

He’s the cleanest player I’ve seen running at full speed I’ve seen for a long time. Hits the ball at lighting speed and it just sticks to his hands.

He is able to impact the game whenever he chooses right now and knows he cannot be taken to ground. I would say there may be only two or three players playing with Shai Boltons confidence levels right now. I think Cripps, Bont, Oliver and Gawn are the top four right now but Bolton is only a notch below that group for impact on games.

Watching him live is also pretty amazing right now.
Right now?

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Jason Akermanis could do a few of those. The Cupido suggestion above is a great one, had so much natural talent.

Good call… Aker had most except number 2 (stand on people’s heads)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He could get up there from time to time if he wanted to.

At age 35 in local footy.

There wasn't many better at kicking with both feet though.

Hahaha what a hang!

Can't recall him doing any at AFL level, but he's right up there with goalkicking ability, and can't count how many times I remember him streaming through the corridor and unloading a bomb goal from outside 50.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
What if Tyson Stengle aka Steggles, has had a better season than Bolton, which you could make a case for ???

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Every time he got the ball it looked liked Richmond would score.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Every time he got the ball it looked liked Richmond would score.
If over the preseason he can tidy up his goal kicking and increase his fitness base, he can reach some great heights.

It's on him though, depending on what work he wants to put in with his god given talent.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Every time he gets it he looks dangerous.
Imagine if he kicked straight he would be even better player he accumlates so many opportunities forward of centre his speed around the ground must scare the opposition.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Well he’s better than Trac, that’s for sure. Averaging 1.8 goals a game compared to 0.8. Not far behind in score involvements either. Tracs 2nd in the league, Bolton is 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Last time we had a gun number 29 who oppo fans wanted to punch that played in 2 flags in his first 5 years was this beautiful man:

642aa3500468f01ec353fcfbe5ddf3ca.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Richmond received pretty good draft compensation in 2016 for losing free agent, Ty Vickery

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

I suppose they have Alastair Clarkson to thank for that. Imagine giving that uber-spud a 2 year $1.2 million deal.

Vickery played 6 games and kicked 2 goals for the Hawks

Bolton surpassed that in his first season at Tigerland (6 games, 3 goals)
He is currently on 86 games, 92 goals and looks set for a stellar 250 game career

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond received pretty good draft compensation in 2016 for losing free agent, Ty Vickery

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

I suppose they have Alastair Clarkson to thank for that. Imagine giving that uber-spud a 2 year $1.2 million deal.

Vickery played 6 games and kicked 2 goals for the Hawks

Bolton surpassed that in his first season at Tigerland (6 games, 3 goals)
He is currently on 86 games, 92 goals and looks set for a stellar 250 game career

Balta, Tarrant, and 2022 North second rounder for a cooked Deledio.

Bolton for a little bit of Tyronery.

Our current co-captain Toby “makes opponents nervous” Nankervis for pick 46.

Nice business around that 2016-2017 era. Fanks mugz. 🤣

AFL soon put a stop to it when we were awarded pick 297 for Brandon Ellis on a 5 year $600k deal at Suns. And no pick at all when Conca went to Freo on a decent deal. campaigners. 😩😩😩

We are up to our old tricks again though. Gifted Biggy Nyuon for Dan Butler. And Tom Brown for Jack “Goalside” Higgins will look like next level banditry in years to come.

Other clubs now scared to pick up the phone when we call looking to do a deal. 😎

Meanwhile we trolled everyone by momentarily delisting Noah Gunberland last off season, before re-listing him when Dodoro and 16 other clubs contacted his agent within the first 12 seconds of the fake news being released. 🤣🤣

jakson68

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Port Noarlunga
AFL Club
Collingwood
Best player in the game is a stretch.
I will say this though, I once had him as one of the most overrated players in the game (that being said, I once had Cyril as overrated, so I am not a good judge)
That has been shown to be a VERY poor call.
He is a star and a player I would pay money to watch. One of my very favorite players.

Absolute gun!!

Nicho50

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
On form he is in the top 3, far better than Trac THIS season. Shoot me down but I would have Jezza Cameron and Touk Miller above him at 1 and 2.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Could he win the brownlow this year?

I have 5 clear BOG and some other good games , he could have 20 votes sown up allready

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best player in the game is a stretch.
I will say this though, I once had him as one of the most overrated players in the game (that being said, I once had Cyril as overrated, so I am not a good judge)
That has been shown to be a VERY poor call.
He is a star and a player I would pay money to watch. One of my very favorite players.

Absolute gun!!
Glad you've come to your senses. Both Cyril and Shai are high impact players.

My biggest pet peeve is assuming a player has had a good game because they got 30 touches. Bailey Smith gets 30 touches every week but his ability to influence the game with his touches is poor at this stage of his career. The game will eventually slow down for him but right now I'd take Shai's 15 touches vs Smith's every day of the week.

Back