Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Caro today said she was more offended by de Goey's oral sex gesture than the bikini pull of which she said "it didn't really bother me"
I'm making a concerted effort to avoid watching the video of some dickhead bogan in Bali - it's actually not that difficult. That way I'll have no reason to be offended. Maybe Caro and co should do the same.

I'm making a concerted effort to avoid watching the video of some dickhead bogan in Bali - it's actually not that difficult. That way I'll have no reason to be offended. Maybe Caro and co should do the same.
Problem for DeGoey (and all AFL players). His livelihood depends on people watching what he does. Can't just turn it off like a tap when he does something stupid that doesn't meet the expectations of a professional athlete. When your team is pushing for the 8 and you're an underperformed player, getting loose mid season instead of remaining focussed and disciplined is 1980s s**t that shouldn't be accepted, but should be criticised.

Problem for DeGoey (and all AFL players). His livelihood depends on people watching what he does. Can't just turn it off like a tap when he does something stupid that doesn't meet the expectations of a professional athlete. When your team is pushing for the 8 and you're an underperformed player, getting loose mid season instead of remaining focussed and disciplined is 1980s s**t that shouldn't be accepted, but should be criticised.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, if he stuffs up then his footy club (and the AFL if it's a disrepute thing) need to be accountable for greenlighting his trip. But from my own personal pov, if I think I will find something offensive (not that too much is to me, mind you) I'll just not click on it. If I want something to get offended about, I will click on it. ABC - antecedent; behaviour; consequence.

Many things in life such as this provide us with this kind of simple choice.

listened to RSN between 8 and 830 this morning. terrific. Gave breadth and time to ryan harris to talk about the cricket. It wasnt rushed.

i find sen of late - morning show - involves segments where garry and tim ask each other questions. no need to prepare, its akin to people catching up. RSN professionally shits over sens morning show

listened to RSN between 8 and 830 this morning. terrific. Gave breadth and time to ryan harris to talk about the cricket. It wasnt rushed.

i find sen of late - morning show - involves segments where garry and tim ask each other questions. no need to prepare, its akin to people catching up. RSN professionally shits over sens morning show
I'm a big fan of RSN. I can relate to Adam and Daniel

IMO anything Lyon goes to tends to turn to sh!t, I used to love Triple M footy years ago, the footy show, on the couch and SEN, each one, Lyon has taken over and each one I no longer listen to or watch. (SEN wasn't just Lyon, I don't like Robbo either)

I actually like Tim Watson though, can be insightful and/or funny at times but not enough to listen to Lyon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Herald Sun, as of November, Sam McClure will host the 6pm timeslot on 3AW, which will become known as Wide World of Sports, and Gerard Healy's Sportsday program will move to SEN, with Kane Cornes as his co-host, starting at 5.30pm and running for two hours.

What are AW going to do to improve ratings next season? They were just beaten by Triple M on Fridays and Saturday afternoons, but absolutely thumped by MMM on Sundays.

Do they need KB back calling on Sundays? Has Tim Lane had his day? They definitely need some more recent players on special comments - Joel Selwood's an option now he's retired, if Joel's keen on forging a path in the media. And more of Bruce Eva too, IMO.

What are AW going to do to improve ratings next season? They were just beaten by Triple M on Fridays and Saturday afternoons, but absolutely thumped by MMM on Sundays.

Do they need KB back calling on Sundays? Has Tim Lane had his day? They definitely need some more recent players on special comments - Joel Selwood's an option now he's retired, if Joel's keen on forging a path in the media. And more of Bruce Eva too, IMO.
Have you got the footy ratings? Are they in the Herald Sun?

they signed Jacqui Felgate :p

I reckon their ratings M-F would make up for the loss. Ideally they'd like better ratings, but when your shows consistently run top 3 every slot in every ratings it wouldn't be a huge burden.

Yep, in the Herald Sun's Media Street column.

Only some of the SEN and ABC results were reported.

Friday: MMM 9.9, AW 8.5
Saturday afternoon: MMM 10.3, AW 8.3, SEN 2.6
Saturday night: AW 9.3, MMM 8.1, SEN 3.6, ABC 3.4
Sunday: MMM 11.6, AW 4.9
The two best slots for MMM had Duck on special comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back