on this day.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to try and scrape whatever footage I could of him, wasn’t much easy to find coverage available if Serie A here during that time. The odd obscure highlights show or some clips here and there on the internet that took ages to load on the ol dialup modem.

He was worth it though. Quite possibly the best footballer I’ve seen in my time watching the game. Pre knee injuries, he was just something else. Incredible.

Great memories watching that one live, we had the Martin Tyler commentary on the feed here at the time. At that stage of the game, thought it was a bit of a nothing ball from De Boer. The control of Bergkamp’s first touch though, amazing stuff.

He completely does over Ayala, poor bloke. Ridiculously good.

As much as I love Bergkamp’s 360 spin goal v Newcastle whilst at Arsenal, this one still remains my favourite Bergkamp goal. Magnificent.

Great memories watching that one live, we had the Martin Tyler commentary on the feed here at the time. At that stage of the game, thought it was a bit of a nothing ball from De Boer. The control of Bergkamp’s first touch though, amazing stuff.

He completely does over Ayala, poor bloke. Ridiculously good.

As much as I love Bergkamp’s 360 spin goal v Newcastle whilst at Arsenal, this one still remains my favourite Bergkamp goal. Magnificent.
He has quite the collection. Can't remember which one it was but one of his goals against Leicester when he scored a hatty is my fave of his. Pretty sure the ball came over his left shoulder, he trapped it perfectly and shifted it onto his right foot before slotting it into the corner in the blink of an eye. Magic.

28 years ago

294176990_5278514592244612_1714271444462576169_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back