List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Hagan is the sort of player who would be 20 to 40 picks higher if he were 10cm taller. The sort of player you hope you draft and they shoot up 15cm in a year like Alex Pearce, Tim English - except he becomes a mid big enough to compete with anyone and football skilled enough to contribute in many ways.

Hagan for me is perfect to take with a lower pick, seems like a Liam Baker clone. He’s not going to make it in the midfield but he’s so smart and gives 110% you can play him anywhere else. He’s also solid enough that he’s not a ‘tiny’ 175cm if that makes sense

Ballas is 173cm so 175cm is nothing to worry about.

Ballas was elite fast and elite strong - Hagan isn't that quick.

Joel Western is also small and a junior midfielder, but he is also elite quick.

Darcy Jones? Also 175cm

That's my guess. Has a Ed Langdon feel about him, with a better kick.

Just a lit tidbit on Western, he has grown 3cm since being drafted.
Still a chance for a Hagan to grow a bit, but I do like his competitive nature & the the comparison to Baker is apt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit early to be thinking Treacy isn't good enough, and he'd be worth trying in defence if he isn't working out as a forward.
He showed last year he can play and also against Geelong/ North this year Players dont lose their ability they lose confidece.

Could corey tregenza-cashell be an option for a late pick?

I can't imagine he would; if they want to pick a tall they should be picking one of the very tall and athletic options with their second round pick; if Twomey's current draft top 25 is anything to go by, one of the strong SA talls (Lemmey, Scully, Keeler) as a pick in the early 30s will be a great options, as arguably a Lemmey or a Keeler could potentially play as a tall backman, which is a slight weak point in our list as it stands.

The later options I suspect will focus on wings and general backmen, particularly the later as this draft is fairly deep with those.

I can't imagine he would; if they want to pick a tall they should be picking one of the very tall and athletic options with their second round pick; if Twomey's current draft top 25 is anything to go by, one of the strong SA talls (Lemmey, Scully, Keeler) as a pick in the early 30s will be a great options, as arguably a Lemmey or a Keeler could potentially play as a tall backman, which is a slight weak point in our list as it stands.

The later options I suspect will focus on wings and general backmen, particularly the later as this draft is fairly deep with those.
Guess it depends on what happens in trade week

I don't think Jed Hagan is in any team's next generation academy.
He is in the AFL academy. He trained with Freo under the AFL academy. That is all. Not sure that there would be so much interest if it wasn’t for that confusion. Likely a later pick. He does know how to kick a goal which is handy.

Last edited:
First nameLast nameDOB
ChaseBourne2004
JarenCarr2004
JoshDraper2004
BodieGinbey2004
SimonJames2004
AshwinMalik2004
DallasMcAdam2004
TylerPiazzola2004
WilliamRoe2004
JasperScaife2004
ClaytonTaylor2004
ConradWilliams2004
ChristianWilson2004
WilliamWolf2004

We don't need a KPF. We need a medium for small forward. Again, we need to look around the state leagues because the answer might not be in the draft but it might be too late for that.

We don't need a KPF. We need a medium for small forward. Again, we need to look around the state leagues because the answer might not be in the draft but it might be too late for that.
Yes I acknowledge we probably don't need a KPF (we might need a KPD though) but the question was whether there was the possibility of drafting Tregenza.

Yes I acknowledge we probably don't need a KPF (we might need a KPD though) but the question was whether there was the possibility of drafting Tregenza.
KPD needs based around what happens with Logue and Hamling. Chapman whilst not built at the moment for KPD is around 193/194cm, which is same height as Logue but a lot less muscle bulk. A developing KPD might be handy.

If Lobb goes we need a ready made replacement as a KPF. Treacy, Kuek, Amiss are all developing. Tabs is injury prone. Lobb is more KPF than ruck. Jackson is more ruck/ruck rover than forward.

I’d agree that small-medium goal kicking forward is a priority. It is why we were so into Josh Rachele last year. It is why I was keen on Oliver Henry (in Chapman’s draft year). It is still a need.

Sturt hasn’t played this year and still seems to be building his body and fitness. Is a goal kicking talent that in my opinion is worth persisting with, but goes missing at WAFL for periods throughout games and I agree the defensive pressure isn’t enough yet. Banfield tries hard and is decent depth but has his limitations.

Perhaps NOD is being tried in that role today and rostering through the Wing. Liam Henry is definitely a developing Winger who needs to increase his tank and more gut running.

We were looking at a couple of options closely at the MSD (Jacob Bauer, Hugo Hall-Kahan) and I expect we will be looking at this area again.

First nameLast nameDOB
ChaseBourne2004
JarenCarr2004
JoshDraper2004
BodieGinbey2004
SimonJames2004
AshwinMalik2004
DallasMcAdam2004
TylerPiazzola2004
WilliamRoe2004
JasperScaife2004
ClaytonTaylor2004
ConradWilliams2004
ChristianWilson2004
WilliamWolf2004
I have asked before but is Dallas McAdam being hidden away, literally 2 games of stats in 2 years for wafl and nothing this year. Is he even playing footy any more?

He is in the AFL academy. He trained with Freo under the AFL academy. That is all. Not sure that there would be so much interest if it wasn’t for that confusion. Likely a later pick. He does know how to kick a goal which is handy.

He was arguably the best junior in the nation three to four years ago but he just hasn't grown.

Does anyone know much about Hugh Davies? Seems like a pretty natural footballer, potentially a handy late pick up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back