Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I thought you meant two new ones. But yeah Rachele and Rankine is and will be good. The others tho idk, do they still have to play the likes of Rowe, McHenry & Murphy. Who aren’t great.
Rachele, Fogarty, Walker
Rankine, Thilthorpe, Milera

Not a terrible forward 6

Rankine & ?

The correct answer, seeing we've flagged that we see Rachele future is away from being a permanent forward (starting on the wing this week in the SANFL and we've thrown a few CBAs to him already).

I think Hawthorn and Adelaide still have better lists because they have less holes. Adelaide just kind of needs some classy mids and they'll really shoot up the ladder IMO. Hawthorn will soon have a starting midfield of Newcombe, Ward and probably their first round pick this year. That should be quality.
Adelaide, I have concerns about how many smaller players they have playing regularly. They regularly have 6 or 7 players that are 180 or less playing. We aren't a big team ourselves but watching them a few weeks ago against us it felt we could physically dominate them. Even some of the KPP players feel undersized

The correct answer, seeing we've flagged that we see Rachele future is away from being a permanent forward (starting on the wing this week in the SANFL and we've thrown a few CBAs to him already).
Going to eventually be a Shai Bolton type role or a full time mid?

Yeah I can see that but this year for example they’ve had McHenry, Murphy, Rowe etc all pretty meh
McHenry is a coach’s favourite so I imagine he will stay but I assume Murphy and Rowe make way (Rowe is out of contract and likely delisted this year). Keays played really well at half forward on the weekend and has a good record there at junior and NEAFL level. Rachele and Keays, plus McAdam and then if we get Rankine is pretty solid.

Keays - Walker - Rankine/Rachele
McAdam - Fogarty - Thilthorpe

McHenry

Going to eventually be a Shai Bolton type role or a full time mid?

It depends on who we draft/trade in, but looking at our usage this year, I suspecting we're thinking full time mid mid-to-long term.

Adelaide, I have concerns about how many smaller players they have playing regularly. They regularly have 6 or 7 players that are 180 or less playing. We aren't a big team ourselves but watching them a few weeks ago against us it felt we could physically dominate them. Even some of the KPP players feel undersized

A bit of that is age/inexperience on our side, seeing we're on an island this year, even compared to younger sides and there are a lot of players who need another preseason or two.

That said, we did see on the weekend that we're also capable of physically bullying teams, considering what we did to Carlton.

What I find interesting is that it seems like each team are building from a different section of the ground.

Hawks building from the Defence, North building from the Midfield and the Crows building from the Forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad point . But didn’t really hurt us last week.

Ideally we get a bigger bodied mid in the draft

What I find interesting is that it seems like each team are building from a different section of the ground.

Hawks building from the Defence, North building from the Midfield and the Crows building from the Forwards.
Crows defence will be good. Max Michalanney to come in through father son this year too.

Parnell ~ Butts ~ Worrell
Jones ~ Murray ~ Doedee

Are norths and hawthorns small forwards that good ?
Hawthorn has Dylan Moore who’s probably the best of all 3 teams (also a little midfield lately), Sam Butler, Tyler Brockman & Connor MacDonald (however he will turn into a midfielder).

We need to focus on mids and small/medium forwards aswell, we have a few and Crows have a couple (well they will with Rankine & Rachele) however still need it, they will likely need another kpf to stand up with Fogarty (third tall) & Thilthorpe (youth). Height over the ground because Adelaide seem very one paced overall and not tall enough. That includes dynamic and taller midfielders, which sucks that you’d be trading your first this year where you could’ve snapped up Mattaes Phillipou who is a talented 192cm mid-fwd, SA boy and a jet.

McHenry is a coach’s favourite so I imagine he will stay but I assume Murphy and Rowe make way (Rowe is out of contract and likely delisted this year). Keays played really well at half forward on the weekend and has a good record there at junior and NEAFL level. Rachele and Keays, plus McAdam and then if we get Rankine is pretty solid.

Keays - Walker - Rankine/Rachele
McAdam - Fogarty - Thilthorpe

McHenry
Sorry I only just saw this. Keays as a fwd? McAdam isn’t really young he’s 27 will be 28 next year, McHenry isn’t great but as you said seems a coaches favourite.

Long term you’d want Fog as the third tall, Thilthorpe could be a really good FF but also rucks decently so could be the CHF which means you’d need a FF. Walker obviously being old.

Sorry I only just saw this. Keays as a fwd? McAdam isn’t really young he’s 27 will be 28 next year, McHenry isn’t great but as you said seems a coaches favourite.

Long term you’d want Fog as the third tall, Thilthorpe could be a really good FF but also rucks decently so could be the CHF which means you’d need a FF. Walker obviously being old.
Keays destroyed Saad in a forward role on the weekend. Named in the forward line this week too. Seems like we’re going a new direction with him.

Keays destroyed Saad in a forward role on the weekend. Named in the forward line this week too. Seems like we’re going a new direction with him.
He just doesn’t seem to have the best forward craft from what I’ve seen, could be wrong. He also could be a handy MID-FWD.

He played half forward last week and was best on ground.
Watch more football before commenting.
Jesus Christ mate, it’s just an observation. And it’s also one game, ik he’s had that ability from earlier in his career aswell but he doesn’t have it at high standards where you could have him there for the entire game or a lot of it. He’s still going to have more mid time, because his strengths for me are still clearly his running, ball winning and contested footy.

Although he could do a Walsh role as a high half forward. (Aswell as mid and FP at times).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back