2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Cotchin has been one of the most gutless snipers and cowards in the league for years

A far dirtier player than Stewart has ever been

Beats me why Richmond fans are taking the moral high ground here. Esp with Tom Lynch and his acts of sniping over the years.
Every single thread on the main board and drafts board I read you're in there sooking about and bagging tigers. R U OK?

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
I love this, you're laughing at PB because you think he wants Selwood in the AA squad when in actuality he is questioning why the poster he quoted would pick him.

Absoloutly love watching you fold every single time.

No I’m laughing because he didn’t immediately shut it down like he did with lynch. hE’s nOt BiAsEd ThOuGh

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Oh dear. Here we go focusing on one stat that has a little bit of relevancy.

Stewart is an intercept defender and one of the best in the league. Despite missing 4 games he's still the #1 defender for score launches in the AFL for example.
Score launches wow

Is this Pick a stat that suits you day ?

What about this stat

The hardest skill in the league is to take a contested mark . Lynch has had the best year for contested marks per game since Travis cloke in 2012

That’s the best not this year , but in a decade , and he won’t make the aa squad?

This is why the aa is a farce. It could be picked by a big footy panel and would just as relevant and prestigious :

You blokes have no idea lol

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Cotchin has been one of the most gutless snipers and cowards in the league for years

A far dirtier player than Stewart has ever been

Beats me why Richmond fans are taking the moral high ground here. Esp with Tom Lynch and his acts of sniping over the years.
Look I can see how 30 years of misery has caused you to be bitter and twisted

It’s a coping mechanism and I have empathy for you on this

I know how you feel, hopefully it end soon for you and you win a flag .

Good luck

Score launches wow

What about this stat

The hardest skill in the league is to take a contested mark . Lynch has had the best year for contested marks per game since Travis cloke in 2012

That’s the best not this year , but in a decade , and he won’t make the aa squad?

This is why the aa is a farce. It could be picked by a big footy panel and would just as relevant and prestigious :

Cool. This is basically a woe is me and my club post.

Why do you put so much time and energy into an award you don't like? There are plenty of awards I don't give a s**t about and I ignore them. You should do the same, it'll probably make you happier.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No I’m laughing because he didn’t immediately shut it down like he did with lynch. hE’s nOt BiAsEd ThOuGh

What?

I don’t have to shut it down as the idea of Selwood being selected is beyond comprehension and clearly, knowing that the person who posted it is actually very reasoned and measured in all his posts, would not be making a serious claim to have Selwood in the team. You realise you’re now trying to claim that I’m being biased because I’ve questioned why they would name a Geelong player in the team that shouldn’t be there.

I shouldn’t have to explain to an adult how bias works

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Cool. This is basically a woe is me and my club post.

Why do you put so much time and energy into an award you don't like? There are plenty of awards I don't give a s**t about and I ignore them. You should do the same, it'll probably make you happier.
Wor is me and my club post eh

I challenge you to find me another player in the league this year that has done more than any other player in the last decade in a relevant stat like contested marking

And then leave them out of your aa team and see how you go lol

You have a PhD in avoiding the point and facts of a post when it doesn’t suite, you and you are checkmated, and just responding with irrelevant dribble .

Just like the rest of the sheep here . You can’t think for yourself

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Score launches wow

What about this stat

It’s also one of the most meaningless and one of the most dependent on the outcome. Do you know why players like Cloke and Hawkins when they were the best contested marks in the competition were so feared? Because both could lead and mark, both could wrestle and mark, and Cloke in particular could crash a pack and mark. Their contested marking was a complimentary skill to the rest of their game and it led to them having a greater scoreboard impact than their contemporaries

Lynch is indeed a very good contested mark. However that skill is not going to matter if it’s not leading to greater scoreboard impact.

He doesn’t create goals for other players or give them off, he doesn’t get involved in scoring chains because for all his contested marking, his disposal thereafter is not effective enough.

What you’re doing is literally claiming that Happy Gilmore prior to his putting lesson with Chubbs, should have been regarded alongside Shooter McGavin because he could hit the drive a mile. What does it matter if you’re still unable to get the ball in the hole

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

I challenge you to find me another player in the league this year that has done more than any other player in the last decade in a relevant stat like contested marking

You have a PhD in avoiding the point and facts of a post when it doesn’t suite, you and you are checkmated, and just responding with irrelevant dribble .

Time waster

Tell me how many games are won by who’s taken the most contested marks.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
What?

I don’t have to shut it down as the idea of Selwood being selected is beyond comprehension and clearly, knowing that the person who posted it is actually very reasoned and measured in all his posts, would not be making a serious claim to have Selwood in the team. You realise you’re now trying to claim that I’m being biased because I’ve questioned why they would name a Geelong player in the team that shouldn’t be there.

I shouldn’t have to explain to an adult how bias works

So should he be in the squad or not? Cut to the chase

Just like the rest of the sheep here . You can’t think for yourself
That is some rant.

Lynch is one of the best key forwards in the AFL, I agree. He's been the best contested mark in the game this year, yes. However, as I've demonstrated multiple times at this point, the most relevant statistics for forwards in general as far as All Australian is concerned are the combination of goals and goal assists.

You say you've "check mated" (it's two words for those hard of English) me yet have failed to present any coherent reasoning for why.

As far as the "irrelevant drivel" (the word that is actually relevant here) goes, I was giving you a life suggestion because it seems like you get angry about an award that you claim is stupid. Yet you come in here and whinge about it. It isn't very productive and whilst your rant has been entertaining, maybe focus on something that you actually enjoy.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
That is some rant.

Lynch is one of the best key forwards in the AFL, I agree. He's been the best contested mark in the game this year, yes. However, as I've demonstrated multiple times at this point, the most relevant statistics for forwards in general as far as All Australian is concerned are the combination of goals and goal assists.

You say you've "check mated" (it's two words for those hard of English) me yet have failed to present any coherent reasoning for why.

As far as the "irrelevant drivel" (the word that is actually relevant here) goes, I was giving you a life suggestion because it seems like you get angry about an award that you claim is stupid. Yet you come in here and whinge about it. It isn't very productive and whilst your rant has been entertaining, maybe focus on something that you actually enjoy.
You said goals are an important stat right?

Tom Stewart has missed 4 games ( for a sniping low life act) and yet, it does not seem to impact his potential to make the AA team.

Lynch has missed 3 games, and if he had played them, on his current goals per game average, he would be coming second in the Coleman.

So why does the fact that he missed games, and therefore is not second in the Coleman and a lock for the AA team, affect his AA selection, but it doesn't affect Stewart.

The answer is because people are generally quite dim, they just look at the Goals ladder, and that's it.

If you actually looked into it, and just worked on his average ( even if you include the game he played when he did his hammy in the first 2 minutes) you would realise that he should be second in the Coleman. When you add the fact that he has taken more contested marks per game than any other player in the last decade the answer would be really clear to you.

His year has been arguable the best of any KPF in the league, but, he won't make it, not because he doesn't deserve it, but because the selectors, have no idea, and that he does not play for Geelong.

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

Tom Stewart has missed 4 games ( for a sniping low life act) and yet, it does not seem to impact his potential to make the AA team.

Lynch has missed 3 games, and if he had played them, on his current goals per game average, he would be coming second in the Coleman.

So why does the fact that he missed games, and therefore is not second in the Coleman and a lock for the AA team, affect his AA selection, but it doesn't affect Stewart.

The answer is because people are generally quite dim, they just look at the Goals ladder, and that's it.

If you actually looked into it, and just worked on his average ( even if you include the game he played when he did his hammy in the first 2 minutes) you would realise that he should be second in the Coleman. When you add the fact that he has taken more contested marks per game than any other player in the last decade the answer would be really clear to you.

His year has been arguable the best of any KPF in the league, but, he won't make it, not because he doesn't deserve it, but because the selectors, have no idea, and that he does not play for Geelong.
So if a forward kicked 4 goals a game and only played 10 games he would be AA according to you as if he played them all he would be leading the Coleman.

Also Lynch has missed 4 games 5 if you count the one he went off early so you can't even get your facts straight.

Yes, they are. Because they're the most relevant statistic for forwards vying for All Australian. Followed by goal assists. As I've said about 20 times in the past two days.

Lynch has played 15 of 19 games. I see maths isn't a strong point as well. And whilst averages are cool, when it comes to the forwards, they look at totals. As I've repeatedly told you.

Also as I've explained, competition relevant to position is also a factor. Stewart is competing with Sicily (who many are arguing should be CHB anyway) and Wilkie for a position in the side as a medium defender and nobody else for the squad.

As far as talking about people being dim, you can't even grasp the concept that due to not being injured, Hawkins and Cameron have pulled ahead of him as far as All Australian is concerned. Or that different spots have more competition and therefore injuries have more relevance

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Yes, they are. Because they're the most relevant statistic for forwards vying for All Australian. Followed by goal assists. As I've said about 20 times in the past two days.

Lynch has played 15 of 19 games. I see maths isn't a strong point as well. And whilst averages are cool, when it comes to the forwards, they look at totals. As I've repeatedly told you.

Also as I've explained, competition relevant to position is also a factor. Stewart is competing with Sicily (who many are arguing should be CHB anyway) and Wilkie for a position in the side as a medium defender and nobody else for the squad.

As far as talking about people being dim, you can't even grasp the concept that due to not being injured, Hawkins and Cameron have pulled ahead of him as far as All Australian is concerned.

What a load of rubbish

So you agree

Stewart missing 4 games won't go against him, but Lynch missing will, because all you look at is goals total. That's your argument.

This is just silly.

I will tell you something else ,

Did you know that since 2017, there have been 110 All Australian jumpers awarded.

How many flags have Geelong won since 2017? zero.

How many AA jumpers have been handed out to Geelong players? 18.

That's 16.4% of AA jumpers over the last 5 years have gone to Geelong.

So according to the selection committee, Geelong have almost 3 times as many best players in the league in their position than the average team. That's just amazing, so with so many incredible best player in the league players, why haven't they won not 1 flag in that period.

There is only 2 possible answers.

1. The selectors of the AA team have no idea
2. There is an inherent bias towards players that play for Geelong

I bet you, if Tom Lynch had exactly the year he had this year,grew his hair long, wore a headband and surfed in a suit he would be an AA lock !

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

1. It does effect Stewart’s chances. Every person has acknowledged this.

2. Get it through your head the being second in goal kicking and 50 millionth in every other relevant metric doesn’t give you an iron clad mortgage on an all Australian spot any more than hitting the most boundaries in Sheffield shield earns you a spot in the Australian top 6.

Seriously mate let it go

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
What a load of rubbish

So you agree

Stewart missing 4 games won't go against him, but Lynch missing will, because all you look at is goals total. That's your argument.

This is just silly.

Did you know that since 2017, there have been 110 All Australian jumpers awarded.

So according to the selection committee, Geelong have almost 3 times as many best players in the league in their position than the average team. That's just amazing, so with so many incredible best player in the league players, why haven't they won not 1 flag in that period.

I bet you, if Tom Lynch had exactly the year he had this year,grew his hair long, wore a headband and surfed in a suit he would be an AA lock !

3. They deserved it.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Its incredible with so many champions and best in the league players, that Geelong can't win a flag over the last 5 years

On average 3.6 AA jumpers per year, more than any other team, every year, yet they barely win a final, why?

What a load of rubbish

So you agree

This is just silly.

Where did I say that I only look at goals? I said they're the most relevant statistic for forwards, followed by goal assists. I have been recording the combined stat every week since 2019.

As far as the whole bias thing, you do realise that the All Australian team is picked based on the home and away season, right?

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Its incredible with so many champions and best in the league players, that Geelong can't win a flag over the last 5 years

On average 3.6 AA jumpers per year, more than any other team, every year, yet they barely win a final, why?

Why.

How many goals do you get for having a handful of very good individual players.

When they pick the side, should they get a medium to do it and based the selection around finals results that haven’t happened yet?

What’s your solution

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Where did I say that I only look at goals? I said they're the most relevant statistic for forwards, followed by goal assists. I have been recording the combined stat every week since 2019.

As far as the whole bias thing, you do realise that the All Australian team is picked based on the home and away season, right?
Oh yes I am aware .

My contention is, that the process you are using , and the kpi that you refer to and the methodology of how they do it is clearly flawed, you are following their flawed methodology and flagging it as the right answer .

It’s clearly flawed , because if it was sound , with such a domination of best players in the league in their position Geelong should have won the last 5 flags .

I mean surely there must be some weight to the impact of a player to actually affect the result right ?

But they can barely win a final , what are they at 20% winning % in finals , with all these aa jumpers , more than any other team , maybe the aa selection is wrong in fact I can guarantee you it is .

What about contested marks ?

Back