Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Watson just said Shane Edwards has done more than Craig Bradley in his career? What on earth are you smoking?

How good is Bolton! How good is Bolton! How good is Bolton! Darcy probably spent 10 minutes of the last quarter talking about him
That's my main issue with Darcy. He gets all hot and bothered about a specific player, over exaggerates their individual plays and doesn't shut up about them.

That's my main issue with Darcy. He gets all hot and bothered about a specific player, over exaggerates their individual plays and doesn't shut up about them.
That's cause he's hopeless. It's about the easiest thing to do, froth over individuals. The commentators job is to add to the pictures, which for the play by play guys is the done by describing accurately what's happening in an entertaining fashion. But Darcy isn't capable of that. Any clown can just yell a players name.

Handballs to Shane Edwards, playing game 300
Loose ball gathered by Shane Edwards, playing game 300
Kicks it lace out to Shane Edwards, playing game 300

Every ******* time he touched the ball. * me dead Darcy makes games unwatchable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Looks like Gary Rohan is debating his best eh opportunity to try and convince the medical staff that he’s okay.” - Luke Darcy.
Who talks like this?
Seriously, I think he starts sentences without knowing where he’s going with it, then stumbles and fumbles his way through.
Get rid of him.

Yes they are and it’s the same with Leigh Montagna.

Fox surely is using Montagna only for the short term until a better option comes along.
Another one of these ex-Saints (Burke, Montagna, Dal Santo et al) in the media who love to come out in GF week and give us a 10-minute spiel on the secret to winning a premiership but never actually won one.

Last edited:
It’s past intervention time, BT, Darce, Hamish and Brayshaw are the worst commentators in any sport.

Who gets to decide who commentates, there needs to be a royal commission!

Ch7 is basically unlistenable, how hard can it be?!

Would take any actual play by play caller over these guys, Matt Hill, Adam Papalia, literally anyone!!

I don’t mind BT but I think he is a much better commentator when he respects the second caller and he seems to only have that with JB and with Bruce in the past
He has done a few Thursday MMM games this season - with your Cardamone's, your Denners, etc, and the difference with the Saturday games with JB makes a very interesting study in contrasts, respects the game more.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back