2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Is that a serious question?

No - in what planet would he be in the squad?

I suppose I was biased when I told a neutral fan that Charlie Cameron should make the side over Tyson Stengle too.

Do you have an off switch? Find it.

So why didn’t you shut it down buddy?

Lol Cameron one was obvious, Stengel lucky to make the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh yes I am aware .

My contention is, that the process you are using , and the kpi that you refer to and the methodology of how they do it is clearly flawed, you are following their flawed methodology and flagging it as the right answer .

It’s clearly flawed , because if it was sound , with such a domination of best players in the league in their position Geelong should have won the last 5 flags .

I mean surely there must be some weight to the impact of a player to actually affect the result right ?

But they can barely win a final , what are they at 20% winning % in finals , with all these aa jumpers , more than any other team , maybe the aa selection is wrong in fact I can guarantee you it is .

What about contested marks ?
How are finals relevant at all?

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
How are finals relevant at all?

I think he’s trying to say cats players are overrated because they constantly make the AA team but don’t perform in finals. Sums up cats as a club tbh.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think he’s trying to say cats players are overrated because they constantly make the AA team but don’t perform in finals. Sums up cats as a club tbh.

Why are you Richmond supporters so obsessed and paranoid about Geelong ?

It's weird.

Oh yes I am aware .

My contention is, that the process you are using , and the kpi that you refer to and the methodology of how they do it is clearly flawed, you are following their flawed methodology and flagging it as the right answer .

It’s clearly flawed , because if it was sound , with such a domination of best players in the league in their position Geelong should have won the last 5 flags .

I mean surely there must be some weight to the impact of a player to actually affect the result right ?

But they can barely win a final , what are they at 20% winning % in finals , with all these aa jumpers , more than any other team , maybe the aa selection is wrong in fact I can guarantee you it is .

What about contested marks ?
Cool story.

Your argument is basically "This guy was injured for a month but that shouldn't matter cos if he wasn't injured for a month he'd be second in the Coleman and takes heaps of contested marks".

And yet you accuse everyone else of a simpleton argument for actually analysing what's relevant to All Australian selection.

I really don't care about the whole Geelong conspiracy stuff, but you do you man.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Cool story.

Your argument is basically "This guy was injured for a month but that shouldn't matter cos if he wasn't injured for a month he'd be second in the Coleman and takes heaps of contested marks".

And yet you accuse everyone else of a simpleton argument for actually analysing what's relevant to All Australian selection.

I really don't care about the whole Geelong conspiracy stuff, but you do you man.
so lets go back to first principles.

What is relevant to All Australian selection ?

I'm really curious.

Because the way I see it, they should be the best players in their positions in the league.
So there should be a really strong correlation with having those players and in the end winning flag
And this is clearly not the case, so please explain it to me.

The AA team gets audited in the finals, because that's like the exam, and the selectors get a big F for Fail

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
so lets go back to first principles.

What is relevant to All Australian selection ?

I'm really curious.

Because the way I see it, they should be the best players in their positions in the league.
So there should be a really strong correlation with having those players and in the end winning flag
And this is clearly not the case, so please explain it to me.

The AA team gets audited in the finals, because that's like the exam, and the selectors get a big F for Fail

You’re seriously, like actually sitting there, with internet access, typing, and suggesting, that a team that is picked, based solely and exclusively around 23 weeks of home and away performances, and data, should be determined by events that are a month away from happening, and bear no relevance to the principle of picking a team based around the home and away competition.

Just clarify is this what you are saying?

It’s amazing how you forget some things that are irrelevant but remember other really important things .
like how you've forgotten the most important statistic for a forward is goals & goals created?

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
like how you've forgotten the most important statistic for a forward is goals & goals created?
No I was talking About beating Geelong in all those finals on the way to winning all those flags .

Home and away games just pale into insignificance

In any case you do however have all those important all Australian jumpers

Enjoy lol

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No I was talking About beating Geelong in all those finals on the way to winning all those flags .

Enjoy lol

That you’ve been in here all day wringing your hands over.

You do know that most Geelong fans on this forum watched us launch our most successful period of footy by beating your team by 28 goals right?

Enjoy lol
what has that got to do with AA selections in 2022?

Back