Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - Demons v Pies Fri Aug 5th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
A few Melbourne players need to learn how to handball to a team-mate it better position.
Purely selfish.
Luke Jackson has checked out.
Most selfish team in the comp, the amount of times they had teammates in better positions but ignored them was astounding. Don’t think their fwd line is good enough to win the flag again.
As much as it pains me to say it I reckon we are headed for a repeat of the 2011 grand final.
If pies bring that pressure in September they will go a long way to winning it.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Those last 5 minutes the Pies held their composure , while Melbourne looked a confused rabble

Very rarely do you see a team being able to run down the clock like the pies did in their forward line in the last 2 minutes.

Also I noticed in the last 5 minutes Collingwood just had more numbers to the ball most of the time. At one contest it was Petracca vs 4 Collingwood players.

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Most selfish team in the comp, the amount of times they had teammates in better positions but ignored them was astounding. Don’t think their fwd line is good enough to win the flag again.
As much as it pains me to say it I reckon we are headed for a repeat of the 2011 grand final.
With a negative 24 i50 differential

Pies out in straight sets

RuFiO

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2006
Neverland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
\m/ Babymetal \m/ New York Rangers
Very rarely do you see a team being able to run down the clock like the pies did in their forward line in the last 2 minutes.

Also I noticed in the last 5 minutes Collingwood just had more numbers to the ball most of the time. At one contest it was Petracca vs 4 Collingwood players.
They must've done a lot of work on that after losing to Geelong. Since we haven't lost a close one since.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Langdon was stupid saying those comments. Cleary Pies used it for motivation. Not saying It changed the game but sometimes it’s better to say nothing

Outside of that tackle in the first minute and then after the game (where Langdon - to his credit seemed to be taking the reminders from the Pies players with good humour) I don't think it really had any effect.

Still, that was a throwback to the days of Akermanis, extraordinary stuff, especially from a player like Langdon.

RuFiO

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2006
Neverland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
\m/ Babymetal \m/ New York Rangers
Mick delivered Collingwood a premiership

Nathan got Mick demoted and had a rollercoaster coaching career with 0 premierships to show for it.
And now some Collingwood supporters are saying that Bucks left McRae a great list...
And they're probably the same ones that said Mick left Bucks a crap list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide

Sadly after last night I have to agree, we don't have a talent issue but have become flat track bullies with some playing for themselves. At least Weideman tries.

Credit to Pies for not giving in but I'm hoping the Swans can go all the way as I also cannot stomach a Pies v Cats GF.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I prayed at the Temple of Apollo during the week mate.. yeah I know I predicted a 17.5+ win and all of that and that mate.. but I knew we were going to win by 7 mate.. I knew we were going to win by 7 mate.. why? The sacred number of Apollo.. what is that and that man? The seveeeeen maaaaaaate. The seveeeeen maaaate. Just didn't wanna brag about it and all that and that mate sort of a thing and that mate.

Am I a great or what man.. am I a great or what?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
A Jamie Elliott would be handy! Jks

I wouldn’t be too concerned just yet. Even being serious, 99% of Pies fans aren’t getting ahead of themselves. September is still a month away and a week is a long time in football.

The great thing about the fixture is sides are going to be forced to get on a run before finals comes around with so many finalists playing each other. Dees beat Blues next week then get over the line v the Lions in the last round, tonight won’t even matter.
Well our equivalents to an Elliott or Johnson are Spargo and Pickett. Pickett is very inconsistent and simply plays a good game every month. It seems Elliott and Johnson play well most weeks. Need a lot more from them if we are going to improve the front half pressure. Which is critical to winning finals.

Just checked the fixture and you’d think Sydney demolish North today, so that puts them fourth (potentially). Brisbane should beat Carlton which puts them equal fourth with us. Basically we have to win the next two (no excuses). If we finish third or fourth that’s ok, because we will be playing at the G unless Brisbane or Sydney get second (doubtful). You’re right that tonight won’t matter if we win both, but it still doesn’t address why we are fading out in second halves. You absolutely smashed us in the second. It’s scoreboard stuff. Our defence is going to water and our forwards aren’t defensive enough.

Anyway, * Melbourne right now. Phenomenal work from the Pies and you’d be stoked Buckley got the arse for McCrae. Different place now he and Ed have gone.

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Says you? Two teeth
Thanks for the effort anyway
Screenshot_20220806-082039_Chrome.jpg

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Awesome game. That performance was very much like Richmond when they were on the rise in 2017. Probably a couple of players shy of Richmond’s 2017 players but gamestyle looks identical.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Sadly after last night I have to agree, we don't have a talent issue but have become flat track bullies with some playing for themselves. At least Weideman tries.

Credit to Pies for not giving in but I'm hoping the Swans can go all the way as I also cannot stomach a Pies v Cats GF.
Yes the thought of a pies v cats gf is not something that fills me with joy, no winners there.

Back2back is bloody hard to win. Still time for you blokes but you’d need to fix your fwd line for it to happen.

Back