Is Geelong-Richmond the new Geelong-Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Find this very humorous. For all the decades I've been around it's richmond who have been the minnows bar 5 years.

really?

We have the biggest crowds, the biggest memberships, and the greatest ever player.

Geelong is a pork barrel club living off government handouts that never wins anything.

Geelong put their administrators in the AFL, to try and change the rules so they could beat richmond and failed

Geelong has always been obsessed with Richmond, jealous with an inferiority complex

Nothing has changed

really?

We have the biggest crowds, the biggest memberships, and the greatest ever player.

Geelong is a pork barrel club living off government handouts that never wins anything.

Geelong put their administrators in the AFL, to try and change the rules so they could beat richmond and failed

Geelong has always been obsessed with Richmond, jealous with an inferiority complex

Nothing has changed

It’s really hard to know where to start with this but I think the easiest thing would just be to say

‘Blaisee posted this’ which would explain things more than any normal analysis ever could.

Yeah when the AFL (or Geelong) employed Hocking as the head of football it was so Geelong could beat Richmond. This was at the end of 2016, Richmond was 9th and Geelong had a 12 game (and 19 of 20) winning streak against them. Yeah, definitely had Hocking go in as the footy boss to help us beat Richmond :$

The plethora of threads dedicated to Geelong on your board say otherwise
Just have to set things straight that's all.

History shows that the cats are our bunnies

Can't be a rivalry if you never actual win when it matters, I know it hurts but you know its true

Always has been and always will be

Yeah when the AFL (or Geelong) employed Hocking as the head of football it was so Geelong could beat Richmond. This was at the end of 2016, Richmond was 9th and Geelong had a 12 game (and 19 of 20) winning streak against them. Yeah, definitely had Hocking go in as the footy boss to help us beat Richmond :$

lol

He sat in a room watching Richmond tapes and changed the rules to give Geelong a better chance of beating Richmond.

I think the quote was " Watching Trent Cotchin man the mark made me sick"

We live rent free in his head, and in yours

It happened, and you know it did, best thing is, no matter how hard he tried, nothing changed lol

lol

You are kidding right?

Completely delusional, this has to be post of the year !
Delusional is making a comment like this without checking their head to head and heat maps.

Stats? They don't mean anything, hey? Richmond players just have this...qualia...some undefineable specialness that the rest of us just don't understand, right?

Just have to set things straight that's all.

History shows that the cats are our bunnies

Can't be a rivalry if you never actual win when it matters, I know it hurts but you know its true

Always has been and always will be

Could be a rivalry if you stop going decades at a time unable to beat a deaf dumb and blind quadriplegic with a baseball bat. But you couldn’t. You f***ed off from football relevance for anyone outside of Richmond supporters themselves for nearly four decades to the point where a nickname was developed based entirely around your ability to miss finals and not be in contention and barely even put your heads up for air. You couldn’t even mount a recent Brisbane/Sydney/Geelong style prolonged crack at finals where you were at least in the mix for a prolonged period.

You were so colossally f***house that arguably your greatest ever forward got to play two finals series despite being an absolute champion of the game over nearly 20 years - your magnificent club couldn’t so much as rouse itself to give him more than 2 cracks at finals in his whole career as a consequence of how completely and utterly inept they were: meanwhile a team in a rugby league state was smashing everyone, another team in a rugby league state began making finals every year

For nearly 4 decades for us and a few other sides, you were literally nothing more than an automatic 4-8 points a year depending on how often they were lucky enough to play you.
And more hilariously, after popping up for a huge 4 year period of relevance in which you were admittedly very very good, suddenly things aren’t as clear cut and successful, the norm looks like it’s returning, and the rest of the football community gets to look on as your supporter demographic - in this forum at least - implodes yet again through a combination of self-cannibalisation and the single-digit IQ level conspiracies and inability to actually mount a meaningful argument of supporters like yourself who’s posts everyone else reads with an asterisk next to them as if to say ‘remember, this is the guy who thinks the best team of all time was taken down by umpires saying the word ‘stand.’ Someone who brags about memberships as though they mean something: wow mate, your team based in the inner part of the second most populous city between Santiago and Capetown has more members than a team based in a small industrial coastal city the size of
Canberra - tremendous!!! What an achievement!

You seem very quick to forget all that.

Last edited:
No chip chip football beats us. Dangerfield has played half's against you guys that have been as good as any of martin's.

Chip Chip football beat the rest of the AFL comp except for 1 person for a half of footy. Don’t use that as an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol

He sat in a room watching Richmond tapes and changed the rules to give Geelong a better chance of beating Richmond.

I think the quote was " Watching Trent Cotchin man the mark made me sick"

We live rent free in his head, and in yours

It happened, and you know it did, best thing is, no matter how hard he tried, nothing changed lol

Yeah I don’t believe in conspiracy theories but when they showed us why they brought in the rule they literally showed footage baker on the mark moving side to side. Didn’t even hide it and said Richmond were the best at it lol.

In the end though I don’t believe any rule changes cost us flags. Stand rule didn’t make us go from premiers to 12th. And 6-6-6 didn’t cost us the 2019 flag which I do believe was brought in because of us again. I think they are both good rules changes though, it opens up the game.

Could be a rivalry if you stop going decades at a time unable to beat a deaf dumb and blind quadriplegic with a baseball bat. But you couldn’t. You f***ed off from football relevance for anyone outside of Richmond supporters themselves for nearly four decades to the point where a nickname was developed based entirely around your ability to miss finals and not be in contention and barely even put your heads up for air. You couldn’t even mount a recent Brisbane/Sydney/Geelong style prolonged crack at finals where you were at least in the mix for a prolonged period.

You were so colossally f***house that arguably your greatest ever forward got to play two finals series despite being an absolute champion of the game over nearly 20 years - your magnificent club couldn’t so much as rouse itself to give him more than 2 cracks at finals in his whole career as a consequence of how completely and utterly inept they were: meanwhile a team in a rugby league state was smashing everyone, another team in a rugby league state began making finals every year

For nearly 4 decades for us and a few other sides, you were literally nothing more than an automatic 4-8 points a year depending on how often they were lucky enough to play you.
And more hilariously, after popping up for a huge 4 year period of relevance in which you were admittedly very very good, suddenly things aren’t as clear cut and successful, the norm looks like it’s returning, and the rest of the football community gets to look on as your supporter demographic - in this forum at least - implodes yet again through a combination of self-cannibalisation and the single-digit IQ level conspiracies and inability to actually mount a meaningful argument of supporters like yourself who’s posts everyone else reads with an asterisk next to them as if to say ‘remember, this is the guy who thinks the best team of all time was taken down by umpires saying the word ‘stand.’ Someone who brags about memberships as though they mean something: wow mate, your team based in the inner part of the second most populous city between Santiago and Capetown has more members than a team based in a small industrial coastal city the size of

Jesus man relax, this is what I was referring to. Don’t need to be so savage, you’re not being witty.

You guys had a 44 year drought btw. Along the way you were either an automatic 4 points or easy beats/chokers in big finals gifting other clubs flags. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

When was the last game that Geelong beat Richmond that actually mattered ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time before Covid and Bitcoin became a thing when Richmond qualified for one.

Keep avoiding it all you like.

The boxer who keeps losing title fights isn’t suddenly inferior to the unbeaten rugby league player cum boxer who never reaches one.

My question to you is, what did you brag about when you were shithouse.

Why didnt you win all the matches that mattered between 1980 and 2017 that would have made your side more than a skid mark on the anus of the competition? What, they didn’t Matter? The coaches that you sacked every fortnight for a few decades probably thought it did. The fans microwaving their memberships probably did too. So did the bloke who bought out of his own pocket, a dump truck full of cow s**t and left it out the front of your club headquarters. Wayne Campbell, Matthew Knights, Matthew Richardson, joel Bowden, all these fantastic club servants who played less finals in their careers than Joel Selwood played within a few years of getting drafted - all the matches you lost over 37 years to Rob them of any chance to even get a TASTE of a grand final - did those matches mean anything?

Looking at how much you tie your entire self worth to how 22 blokes kick a leather bladder, I’d say that every Monday you were just about ready to tear your hair out because they kept losing matches to everyone, Geelong or other wise.

Now you’ve got a taste of it with some premierships but you don’t want to let that go so every defeat is excused with a conspiracy or a harkening back to ‘the good
Days’ a couple of years ago where you were briefly an awesome side.

How am I going, somewhere close to the mark?

Last edited:
The plethora of threads dedicated to Geelong on your board say otherwise
not interested with a funny fascination of showing it over and over and over and over.

I guess thats why we had 32 reports the week we played the Tuggers. 32.

We average 1 per week normally.

but yeah... sure ... keep kidding themselves. They froth harder at the mouth over us than is almost humanly possible.

GO Catters

Last edited:
was in June. Put you back to 9th and we got the 4 points that helped us now be a game clear on top.

Mattered plenty. but I doubt the foaming at the mouth you are suffering right now will let you see it.

Go Catters

When was the last time before Covid and Bitcoin became a thing when Richmond qualified for one.

Keep avoiding it all you like.

The boxer who keeps losing title fights isn’t suddenly inferior to the unbeaten rugby league player cum boxer who never reaches one.

My question to you is, what did you brag about when you were shithouse.

Why didnt you win all the matches that mattered between 1980 and 2017 that would have made your side more than a skid mark on the anus of the competition? What, they didn’t Matter? The coaches that you sacked every fortnight for a few decades probably thought it did. The fans microwaving their memberships probably did too. So did the bloke who bought out of his own pocket, a dump truck full of cow s**t and left it out the front of your club headquarters. Wayne Campbell, Matthew Knights, Matthew Richardson, joel Bowden, all these fantastic club servants who played less finals in their careers than Joel Selwood played within a few years of getting drafted - all the matches you lost over 37 years to Rob them of any chance to even get a TASTE of a grand final - did those matches mean anything?

Looking at how much you tie your entire self worth to how 22 blokes kick a leather bladder, I’d say that every Monday you were just about ready to tear your hair out because they kept losing matches to everyone, Geelong or other wise.

Now you’ve got a taste of it with some premierships but you don’t want to let that go so every defeat is excused with a conspiracy or a harkening back to ‘the good
Days’ a couple of years ago where you were briefly an awesome side.

How am I going, somewhere close to the mark?

You blokes are funny

There is no rivalry.

There is no rivalry because whenever we play Geelong in a game that counts, you lose.

For there to be a rivalry there has to be give and take.

You take it, and we give it, and then your season ends, and then we win the flag.

That's not a rivalry, that Geelong being Richmond's bunny

was in June. Put you back to 9th and we got the 4 points that helped us now be a game clear on top.

Mattered plenty. but I doubt the foaming at the mouth you are suffering right now will let you see it.

Go Catters

mattered plenty?

Well I guess everything is relative, and it matters to you, because you have nothing better to compare it to.

You see that is where Geelong and Richmond are different, Richmond fans do have something better to compare it to, winning finals.

How much did it matter when compared to the Qualifying final in 2017

Or the Prelim in 2019

Or the grannie in 2020

It didn't really matter at all did it .

I mean those were all finals, that mattered, and you lost them all, when it mattered, and then we went on and won the flag, when it mattered.

You get excited by winning home and away games, I couldn't care less, because we have won flags and one of them was in a grannie against Geelong when it really really matters.

That's not how a rivalry works you idiot.

In Derby della Mole, Juve has won 108 games to 73. Torino hasn't won a title since 75/76 and Juve has won 9 of the last 10 titles. They've met each other 34 times since 95/96. Juve has won 25, there have been 8 draws and Torino has won one singular game.

But it's still a top-tier rivalry.

The best rivalries are when teams and fans care about it. Geelong-Hawks, Pies-Blues, Showdown, Western Derby etc

You can try and talk yourself up all you want because you want to seem like you support a big club, but the problem is no one really cares about you guys enough for a rivalry, whether you're good or bad.

mattered plenty?

Well I guess everything is relative, and it matters to you, because you have nothing better to compare it to.

You see that is where Geelong and Richmond are different, Richmond fans do have something better to compare it to, winning finals.

How much did it matter when compared to the Qualifying final in 2017

Or the Prelim in 2019

Or the grannie in 2020

It didn't really matter at all did it .

I mean those were all finals, that mattered, and you lost them all, when it mattered, and then we went on and won the flag, when it mattered.

You get excited by winning home and away games, I couldn't care less, because we have won flags and one of them was in a grannie against Geelong when it really really matters.

You know what I liked? Winning grand finals against all teams you were shitter than in 2007-09-11.

Knowing that we were 20 goals better than a team who was infinitely better than Richmond was pretty good.

That’s fantastic that you get excited over meaningful games.

That is of course borne out by your 3 flags in 43 years compared to our…. 3 flags in the same period.

What is stopping you from winning flags and playing lots of finals series when you aren’t?

Is it being s**t for a lot of that time that’s stopping you? Is that what it is? Being the running joke of the comp? Is that what stopped you from doing both those things? What was it that stopped you being regularly competitive AND winnng comps? Was it being s**t? Yeah I think it was the fact that your team was s**t. That’s what I’d put it down to anyway

You lost 42 out of 50 games against us at one point - including a final that you lost by 15 goals. But yes we have always been, ESPECIALLY in that period, your bunny.

The 4 points and huge percentage boost we invariably picked up any time we played you was actually doing us more harm than good and it was the Tigers who took the moral victory from those games.

You blokes are funny

There is no rivalry.

There is no rivalry because whenever we play Geelong in a game that counts, you lose.

You take it, and we give it, and then your season ends, and then we win the flag.

That's not a rivalry, that Geelong being Richmond's bunny

And for the other 95 per cent of the time we don’t have to worry because your side isn’t even there anyway.

When you’re not sitting there eating chalk, stop and understand that you can’t beat us, or be beaten by us, in games that matter, if you go for a time period 9 years longer than Kurt Cobain’s entire life where you’re barely a blip on the competition radar.

Guess what - we’ve won more finals against Richmond than we have against Gold Coast.

Which makes us their bunny more than we are yours.

Last edited:
That's not how a rivalry works you idiot.

In Derby della Mole, Juve has won 108 games to 73. Torino hasn't won a title since 75/76 and Juve has won 9 of the last 10 titles. They've met each other 34 times since 95/96. Juve has won 25, there have been 8 draws and Torino has won one singular game.

But it's still a top-tier rivalry.

The best rivalries are when teams and fans care about it. Geelong-Hawks, Pies-Blues, Showdown, Western Derby etc

You can try and talk yourself up all you want because you want to seem like you support a big club, but the problem is no one really cares about you guys enough for a rivalry, whether you're good or bad.

idiot?

Thats not very nice.

Look if you want to compare our "rivalry" to that Of Juve and Torino, then fine, I'm cool with that

But I think it means more to Torino than Juve, just saying lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back