Autopsy 2022 Round 21 - GWS Giants v Essendon Bombers, 2.10 pm Saturday 6 August @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does Kennedy play HB over Ash, not like Kennedy wasn't bad last week as well. What point does giving Kennedy games when the season is lost and Ash just sits in the VFL or plays out of position.

Why does Kennedy play HB over Ash, not like Kennedy wasn't bad last week as well. What point does giving Kennedy games when the season is lost and Ash just sits in the VFL or plays out of position.
McVeigh mentioned that Kennedy was one of the ones that performed well last week.

Mind you he included Whitfield in that list as well....

McVeigh mentioned that Kennedy was one of the ones that performed well last week.

Mind you he included Whitfield in that list as well....
Whitfield probably gets the shoutout for playing through a pretty nastly ankle injury and still looking decent out there, not sure why Kennedy got mentioned

Whitfield probably gets the shoutout for playing through a pretty nastly ankle injury and still looking decent out there, not sure why Kennedy got mentioned
If Whitfield's injury is as bad as they say why hasn't he gone in for surgery to get it fixed up? The finals were gone for this team weeks ago. Madness.

If Whitfield's injury is as bad as they say why hasn't he gone in for surgery to get it fixed up? The finals were gone for this team weeks ago. Madness.
Yeah I don't get it, Ralphy was saying that he needs surgery but keeps playing on it. Champion for fighting through it but there isn't really a need to at this point.

The old “Delayed he’s checked out” syndrome.

Is this the "I don't want to get injured before trade time" injury? Apart from the fact that I like TT and would like to see him playing for the club, hopefully this hands Ash a reprieve and we get a slightly better balanced side.

We are still too tall, though. I just don't understand the selections at times. Not enough talls one week, then too many the next. No secondary ruck when we need one, then we bring an extra ruck in when we don't really one.

Gameday
Gameday, and I have to say that my care factor for this game is the lowest it's been over the last 10 years - even when we were getting thumped. If the players and the coaches have checked out, why wouldn't the fans?

And the AFL too - they haven't even made the change from Taranto to Ash in the team sheet, and it's only about 4 hours to go.

GWS v ESS.png

Gameday, and I have to say that my care factor for this game is the lowest it's been over the last 10 years - even when we were getting thumped. If the players and the coaches have checked out, why wouldn't the fans?

I understand why you feel that way, GS.

If no one cares, we don't have a club.

First game we've been in town for in months.

Do I have enough oomph to drag myself off the couch to go see another insipid game against a team I would've said we'd easily account for on our form in the first half of the year, but after recent efforts...

Yes, somehow we've gotten worse IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I watch the more I think if the deal is in our favour getting Grundy could be the sharp reset we need. I would keep Briggs because he is better fwd than the other 2 but Preuss is just too dumb and Flynn is still not breaking out. If the difference in total salary of Grundy and a rookie ruck was similar to Flynn/Preuss it's a win. Depends what Collingwood may want to chip in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back