Player Watch Shai Bolton - The Next Best Player In The Game

Remove this Banner Ad

how many flags has he dragged them to with all the AA champions

I mean best player in your history best captain ever and so on?

Answer the question.
So it is reading comprehension. Winning a flag was something you introduced and has zero relevance to the conversation. But yeah, sure, he has one.

How many flags has Shai dragged the Tiges to with his AA's?

Yeah, I enjoy calling out the bullshit on here as much as the next (Richmond supporters are clinging onto this with Carlton's coming with a rush).

Hopefully with so much statistics to back up the argument and defuse the hype, Bolton is improving, but Tigets supporters should probably settle down a but with how highly he is rated. Exceptional talent but how many games has he got coaches votes in as a better example of rating him
The hype, particularly this week is entirely media driven. I think Tim Watson called him the most exciting player in the comp, and he's been praised on just about every media outlet/ show this week. Even this thread was started by a Bulldogs fan.

The hype isn't Shai, or Richmond or Richmond's fans fault. That your so bitter for some particular reason to want to squash someone that the footy world is getting excited about says more about you than anything else.

Most Richmond supporters see him for what he is, a gun who has potential to still do so much more, but needs to deliver it all consistently.

The hype, particularly this week is entirely media driven. I think Tim Watson called him the most exciting player in the comp, and he's been praised on just about every media outlet/ show this week. Even this thread was started by a Bulldogs fan.

The hype isn't Shai, or Richmond or Richmond's fans fault. That your so bitter for some particular reason to want to squash someone that the footy world is getting excited about says more about you than anything else.

Most Richmond supporters see him for what he is, a gun who has potential to still do so much more, but needs to deliver it all consistently.

I rate him (now), absolutely. Think a few people need to cool there jets on how they are seeing him. Best in the game etc.

Thank you for the reply, measured, well worth reading and replying :thumbsu:

So it is reading comprehension. Winning a flag was something you introduced and has zero relevance to the conversation. But yeah, sure, he has one.

How many flags has Shai dragged the Tiges to with his AA's?

he has one what ?

Joel selwood has led the team as a premiership captain?

Really?

You are so deluded, you create your own reality lol

Last edited:
Proves my evidence, 5 games where he was exceptional (7+ votes) and two borderline (2 & 1 games) so not really goat territory now, is it?

Supercoach, although not exact, could be feasibly used to determine a players impact on games it takes into effect positive and negative influences on games.
Does it?

You were asking how many games he has polled in, and how that would be a better rating of where he is at. Now you seem to be changing the parameters to how many outstanding games and how many good games and how many games in which in didn’t even poll. I didn’t even mention GOAT.

So let’s run with Bolton polling in seven games and rate him on that. Obviously there are a number of players who have polled in more than games (71+ votes confirms this), and there are a number of players who have polled in at least games (61+ votes confirms this) and there will be players with <60 votes who have polled in 7 or more games (like Bolton) but when you consider the 700+ players in the league then I think SB polling in 7 games is probably in the top 5%.

He also polled in seven games (of 20 played) last year, so 14 of his last 39 games he’s managed to catch the eye of the coaches whilst playing in a side that hasn’t set the world on fire.

Does it?

You were asking how many games he has polled in, and how that would be a better rating of where he is at. Now you seem to be changing the parameters to how many outstanding games and how many good games and how many games in which in didn’t even poll. I didn’t even mention GOAT.

So let’s run with Bolton polling in seven games and rate him on that. Obviously there are a number of players who have polled in more than games (71+ votes confirms this), and there are a number of players who have polled in at least games (61+ votes confirms this) and there will be players with <60 votes who have polled in 7 or more games (like Bolton) but when you consider the 700+ players in the league then I think SB polling in 7 games is probably in the top 5%.

He also polled in seven games (of 20 played) last year, so 14 of his last 39 games he’s managed to catch the eye of the coaches whilst playing in a side that hasn’t set the world on fire.
that's fair,

7/19 does not scream best in the game to me

Does it?

but but supercoach points are more important than coaches votes , did you not get the memo?

Ok let’s try and put this to bed. Bolton is 4th in the league for score involvements, Trac is 2nd

Bolton averages 1.8 goals a game, Trac is at an astonishing 0.8 goals a game.

Trac is considered to be one of the best players of the game. The above stats to me anyway put Bolton as good or better than Trac at 23 years of age.

In regards to fantasy points in the 2020 GF Duncan (1st) and Short got more points than Dusty. Let that sink in.

Fantasy points favour players with high disposals. Tigers play a low disposal high damage game. Completely opposite to teams like the dogs. Bolton like Dusty did in his prime will very rarely get the most fantasy points as they play for us as a mid/fwd. Meanwhile McRae will smash them as he is a pure mid at the dogs. It’s the most useless measure to use.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fantasy points favour players with high disposals. Tigers play a low disposal high damage game. Completely opposite to teams like the dogs. Bolton like Dusty did in his prime will very rarely get the most fantasy points as they play for us as a mid/fwd. Meanwhile McRae will smash them as he is a pure mid at the dogs. It’s the most useless measure to use.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There are 3300 points available in any Supercoach game and high impact plays resulting in scores are favoured over standard possession.

I don't agree with using fantasy scores as a measure but this is equally wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he has one what ?

Joel selwood has led the team as a premiership captain?

Really?

You are so deluded, you create your own reality lol
So it's not just reading, it's ritin' and rememberin' too huh?

how many flags has he dragged them to with all the AA champions

I mean best player in your history best captain ever and so on?

Answer the question.
Go back to school. I know you think you are making sense but no one else does.

I really wish Zac Fisher (taken in a similar draft position to Bolton and a WA kid) could make a similar leap that Bolton has.

still waiting on an answer on how many flags Selwood has captained the cats to.

keep trying to change the subject, avoid the question

Funny how you don't wanna answer that one, but you reckon Bolton is a failure if the tigers don't make finals.

So Bolton is responsible for the tigers making finals, but Selwood is not responsible for the cats failure in finals.

Interesting.

still waiting on an answer on how many flags Selwood has captained the cats to.

keep trying to change the subject, avoid the question

Funny how you don't wanna answer that one, but you reckon Bolton is a failure if the tigers don't make finals.

So Bolton is responsible for the tigers making finals, but Selwood is not responsible for the cats failure in finals.

Interesting.
nah, just not interested in your random thought bubbles. For the most part I was trying to determine whether it was breakfast beers or a default state of mind.

Its cool, Shai is great.

nah, just not interested in your random thought bubbles. For the most part I was trying to determine whether it was breakfast beers or a default state of mind.

Its cool, Shai is great.

LOL this is a classic

That's the fourth time you avoided the question

You came up with drivel, you got called on it, and then you refuse to deal with the mess you created lol.

As a cats fan you seem pretty invested in Shai Bolton, what's going on there?

Is it just you trying to cope with Richmond pumping Geelong in finals?

yes, because its off topic and nothing to do with what we were talking about. I'll tell you what, you tell me how many Brownlows Cotchin was gifted and I will tell you how many Richmond players have slept with his wife. Fair deal?
So Shai Bolton is responsible for Richmond making finals
but Joel Selwood the captain is not responsible for Geelong winning finals
and this is because, he plays for Geelong, and at Geelong near enough is good enough.

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up lol

Dunno about the best but his hurt factor is genuinely good even if he doesn’t improve from now he’s a bloody excellent player

Dunno about the best but his hurt factor is genuinely good even if he doesn’t improve from now he’s a bloody excellent player
I think skill wise he’s probably just about at his peak now his improvement will come from maturity, footy iq and leadership

Absolutely love him but sometimes acts like a bit of a Hollywood instead of doing the “team things” for me that is what separates great players from that top tier of players

He will always be a player that will lack a bit of polish on finish because his strengths of doing maneuvering sidestepping opponents.
clean pick ups off the ground under pressure your honestly going to see pretty quick throw on the boots.

He could improve his set shot goalkicking imo that can still be improved.

I really wish Zac Fisher (taken in a similar draft position to Bolton and a WA kid) could make a similar leap that Bolton has.
Zac Fisher before Shai Bolton is probably up there with David Cuningham over Josh Dunkley as the biggest drafting brain farts for the great SOS.

Could have been a great recruiter if he had have focused on more than just the first dozen players in each draft class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back