Who is the arseiest team in history prior to Collingwood 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have obvious bias but I noticed when the game was on the line (last 10 mins). Melbourne looked very panicked and unsure. Collingwood on the other hand looked calm and composed. I think this side just knows how to win. They play without fear.

Not in the H&A, Genius, which is when percentage is determined. You know, the thing I'm arguing.
Are you absolutely 100% sure about your assertion that Collingwood only lost 2 home and away games in their 2010 Premiership season?

I suggest you check out the historical records, and stop post non-facts.

Why would I?

I just laugh about Buckley never winning a flag.
Of course you would. You exert more emotion into it than he clearly does 😂

AFL legend, working for Fox Footy, Brownlow medalist, coached at AFL level, played off in Grand Finals etc. etc. living his best life whilst you’re sitting behind a computer screen laughing at him…? Ow how heartbroken he must be. 😂

Are you absolutely 100% sure about your assertion that Collingwood only lost 2 home and away games in their 2010 Premiership season?

I suggest you check out the historical records, and stop post non-facts.

FFS. Another poster has already answered this question, to you, on this very page in this very thread.
Yes, they won 17. I referenced 2011 instead of 2010. Funnily enough it doesn't change my point. At all.

A dominant team had a healthy percentage, as opposed to a non dominant Collingwood team in 2022.

How Collingwood posters can argue that end of season percentage is not a reflection of the quality of a team baffles me.

I suppose that's why they're Collingwood supporters. :D

As for your claim about two premiership teams having sub 110% ?

FFS. I've already debunked that.

They had percentages of 113 and 115 by season's end.

No team has won a flag with a percentage of 106.

Of course you would. You exert more emotion into it than he clearly does 😂

AFL legend, working for Fox Footy, Brownlow medalist, coached at AFL level, played off in Grand Finals etc. etc. living his best life whilst you’re sitting behind a computer screen laughing at him…? Ow how heartbroken he must be. 😂

Well he has you defending his honour on this forum so that should cheer him up. :drunk:

Yes, they won 17. I referenced 2011 instead of 2010. Funnily enough it doesn't change my point. At all.

A dominant team had a healthy percentage, as opposed to a non dominant Collingwood team in 2022.

How Collingwood posters can argue that end of season percentage is not a reflection of the quality of a team baffles me.

No team had ever won a flag from 7th. Until one did.

Two questions:

1. Can Melbourne win the premiership?

2. As per my previous post, if we were lucky enough to have 3 games against North Melbourne and West Coast (we have only had two) and won each game by 100 points, and had exactly the same results in every other game, our percentage would be circa 130%. Would you rate us a premiership chance with those results and therefore that percentage?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Melbourne win the premiership?
Can they ?

Of course. But will need to finish top 4.

Every team in the top 8 has flaws, although Geelong look rock solid right now. But we beat them 3 times last year, so I suspect I know who'd they'd least like to play.

But unless Melbourne improve their forward connection they'll likely not trouble the engravers.

You're disingenuous if you don't concede Melbourne win last night's game 9 times out of ten based on the midfield domination.

That's not to say Collingwood's mids with Adams back in don't perform a lot better come finals and do the job on Melbourne again. I wouldn't bet against it. Teams have the wood on other teams and Collingwood have it over Melbourme.

Until they don't.

Can they ?

Of course. But will need to finish top 4.

Every team in the top 8 has flaws, although Geelong look rock solid right now. But we beat them 3 times last year, so I suspect I know who'd they'd least like to play.

But unless Melbourne improve their forward connection they'll likely not trouble the engravers.

You're disingenuous if you don't concede Melbourne win last night's game 9 times out of ten based on the midfield domination.

That's not to say Collingwood's mids with Adams back in don't perform a lot better come finals and do the job on Melbourne again. I wouldn't bet against it. Teams have the wood on other teams and Collingwood have it over Melbourme.

Until they don't.
So Melbourne can win the Premiership, but you're potting a team who has beaten them in both games they've played this year, and are currently better placed to finish top 4, because percentage.

You are a deluded nuffy.

Well that stat probably won’t last forever.

Interesting that you don’t rate Collingwood, you mustn’t rate your own mob too highly then.

I’d say Geelong obviously the favs but we are on equal with Sydney & Melbourne.

So Melbourne can win the Premiership, but you're potting a team who has beaten them in both games they've played this year, and are currently better placed to finish top 4, because percentage.

You are a deluded nuffy.
How am I ''potting'' Collingwood ?

What facts have I used to misrepresent Collingwood in season 2022 ?

Some quotes would be great...

There is something in it. I am more worried about them than anyone other than Sydney right now.
I would love to have the ability to see how our game vs. you earlier in the year would of played out from 3/4 time onwards at this stage of the year. Would ofcourse hope that the way our team has matured and grown throughout the year that we would of been able to absorb that pressure and get a win.

Think that game would of contributed alot to what we have strived to improve on. Now we just need to get the chance to try hold a convincing lead rather than pegging teams back in the last qtr 😂😂

We were gassed and you guys just massacred us, certainly feel like we are running games out alot better now. However we seem to constantly have a pace maker to reel in, which suits the style we are playing. Couldn't see us aggressively taking the game on 5-6 goals up at the start of a 4th qtr.

WC were pretty arsey in 2006.

17-5 120% is solid, but we had 7 wins trailing at 3QT including the prelim.

4-3 in games decided by under 10 points for the year, but when you win by 10 points and have to kick the last 6 in 15 minutes to do so it's hardly convincing.

We had a very good team capable of midfield dominance and scoring quickly, but far too often gave teams a massive head start.

As I write, they are currently busy squeaking it again… against Melbourne . Again.

Has there been anyone luckier?
Not quite as incredible as Collingwood this year, but Hawthorn in 2016 had a great record in close games. Some people claimed it was #freekickhawthorn. But the real reason is their better players stayed calm and made the right decisions under pressure.

However, their 'luck' ran out in September. They did bloody well as underdogs vs Geelong and worked the ball forwards into Isaac Smith's hands as the siren went. It looked as though the arsey/freakish pattern would continue... Unfortunately, Isaac Smith missed his shot from 35m.

R01... vs Geel... Lost 30 pts
R02... vs WCE... Won 46 pts
R03... vs W.B.... Won 3 pts - Sicily winning goal from 45m with 60 secs left. (Bob Murphy did his knee in the marking contest)
R04... vs St K... Won 3 pts - Hawks come from behind to snatch victory vs unlucky Saints
R05... vs Adel... Won 3 pts - Puopolo 5 goals, including the winning goal with seconds remaining. Match of the season.
R06... vs GWS.. Lost 75 pts
R07... vs Rich... Won 46 pts
R08... vs Freo... Won 41pts
R09... vs Syd.... Lost 14 pts
R10... vs Bris.... Won 48 pts
R11... vs Melb... Won 18 pts - come from behind win, 3 goals to 0 in the last quarter
R12... vs Ess..... Won 108 pts
R13... vs N.M.... Won 9 pts - Hawks up by 3 points with a minute left, and then Puopolo kicked the sealer.
R14... vs Gold... Won 26 pts
R16... vs Port.... Won 22 pts
R17... vs Syd.... Won 5 pts. - Cyril winning goal: set shot from 55m with a minute left. He then took another clutch mark to ice the game.
R18... vs Rich.... Won 70 pts
R19... vs Carl.... Won 19 pts
R20... vs Melb... Lost 29 pts
R21... vs N.M.... Won 39 pts
R22... vs WCE... Lost 25 pts
R23... vs Coll.... Won 1 point - journeyman Jack Fitzpatrick kicked the goal of his life deep into time-on, Hawks clinch top 4 spot

Q.F.... vs Geel... Lost 2 pts - Smith missed set shot after the siren :(
S.F.... vs W.B.... Lost 23 pts

I've time-stamped these video clips for anyone who wishes to relive the final minute or two of these games...

Sicily winning goal from 45m with 60 secs left. (Bob Murphy did his knee in the marking contest)

Puopolo 5 goals, including the winning goal with seconds remaining. Match of the season.

Hawks up by 3 points with a minute left, and then Puopolo kicked the sealer.

SCG.. Cyril winning goal: a 50m set shot with a minute left. He then took another clutch mark to ice the game.

journeyman Jack Fitzpatrick kicks the goal of his life, a long bomb out of the centre square (Hawks clinch top 4)

Smith missed set shot after the siren

Last edited:
I would love to have the ability to see how our game vs. you earlier in the year would of played out from 3/4 time onwards at this stage of the year. Would ofcourse hope that the way our team has matured and grown throughout the year that we would of been able to absorb that pressure and get a win.

Think that game would of contributed alot to what we have strived to improve on. Now we just need to get the chance to try hold a convincing lead rather than pegging teams back in the last qtr 😂😂

We were gassed and you guys just massacred us, certainly feel like we are running games out alot better now. However we seem to constantly have a pace maker to reel in, which suits the style we are playing. Couldn't see us aggressively taking the game on 5-6 goals up at the start of a 4th qtr.
That's a fair call.

It's also why I am worried about your boys. But it would be a cracker game I reckon too.

How am I ''potting'' Collingwood ?

What facts have I used to misrepresent Collingwood in season 2022 ?

Some quotes would be great...
For the record I largely agree with your thoughts re percentage. But you can't say that you're not being the generic salty-in-defeat poster that hangs around after every match thread. And your "I'm not blaming the umpires BUT [absurdly incorrect free kick stat]" comment didn't help.

It was a great game, your guys are insanely talented and still a good shot at the flag.

For the record I largely agree with your thoughts re percentage. But you can't say that you're not being the generic salty-in-defeat poster that hangs around after every match thread. And your "I'm not blaming the umpires BUT [absurdly incorrect free kick stat]" comment didn't help.

It was a great game, your guys are insanely talented and still a good shot at the flag.
The umpire reference was a mistake.

Having got off the phone from an enraged Brother referencing forward frees to Collingwood didn't help. If I'd given more thought I'd have avoided that particular angst.

I don't expect you to review my posting history (although you're welcome to), but I virtually never comment on threads following a Melbourne loss in ''after match'' threads. I can't remember the last time I did. I'm more predisposed to vanish and lick my wounds.

That said, I accept how my posts on this thread could be construed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back