Autopsy Round 21 v Hawthorn @ The Apple Isle - August 6th 01:45pm

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
We have passed on the key defender every year since god knows..

Just draft one already Jedd Busslinger is in and around our pick this year

2011. Henry Mothertrucking Schade

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You know what though I reckon he becomes a gun all of a sudden potentially. He starts getting the confidence to mark and all of a sudden he's awesome cos he's getting to the positions to mark.

He's worth persisting with. Rance was a s**t truck like Graham for a few years.
Graham has got the capacity to be a decent aerial defender. Has certainly improved, although a long way to go.

He remains absolutely pathetic below his knees and haven’t seen any change with this over the past 2 years.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Weird rotations again.
Davies, Rosas and Sharp 50-605 TOG

Anderson 93% far in excess of any other midfielder out there

Titch3Votes0MooreAA

"Burgoyne to put them in front. He doesn't miss."
Apr 15, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW, Man Utd
Hate to say it but we have been calling for hollands since about Rd 2. Maybe the time in the reserves has built him up to this level but I can't help but think if he was playing against Collingwood instead of Tsitas we win and the Port game.
Should have been playing since Round 1, 2021. He will be a top 2 player for your side.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Should have been playing since Round 1, 2021. He will be a top 2 player for your side.
He had a lot of ordinary games in VFL. IMO, it does not hurt to develop in VFL, learn several positions. I like Swans approach. McDonald and other Swans young guns spent a lot of time in VFL. I remember well e.g. Hayward, Lizard toiling there.

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He had a lot of ordinary games in VFL. It does not hurt to develop in VFL, learn several positions.
Was only ordinary when weller and Powell went down so they started playing him wing. Maybe the extra time in reserves is just what he needed though. Really disappointing that it seems we have ran out of gas at the end of the season again. The injuries in the middle part didn't help but something we need to fix. Doesn't help in trade period when you look average in the back end of the season either.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Really disappointing that it seems we have ran out of gas at the end of the season again
We run Hawks off their legs and increased pressure in contest in the last quarter. IMO, it was more mental, no dare, less pressure, safe footy, turnovers in the first half for whatever reason.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Totally agree has had more impact in his first 3 games than Davies has had in all his 15 games so far.

Don't get me started on Flanders. At least Davies has done something occasionally

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Could Elijah get a rising star nomination? His stats are excellent. 2 goals, 18 kicks from 23 disposals, the best disposal efficiency of the team - 78%, 521 meters gained.

Last edited:

Titch3Votes0MooreAA

"Burgoyne to put them in front. He doesn't miss."
Apr 15, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW, Man Utd
Could Elijah get a rising star nomination? His stats are excellent. 2 goals, 18 kicks from 23 disposals, the best disposal efficiency of the team - 78%, 521 meters gained.
100%. Too bad he's not in Hawthorn colours. He would be the perfect piece to complete a very good young midfield that we've all of a sudden found ourselves with. A great steal at pick 7, like Josh Ward is proving to be.

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m glad people are telling me we have improved immensely as otherwise I would think we are still a slow off the mark poor skilled and drilled team that has a one trick pony game plan of bomb it down the line and onto the goal square
This year we’re the 9th best attack (points for) 1698 points for with 2 games left.

Last year we were 18th best attack. 1430 points for the year.

We’re not Geelong, and yes, still make a lot of mistakes but scoring an extra 400+ points across the course of the year seems like pretty clear objective evidence of improvement to me.

Back