AFL Autopsy RND 21: Stomped on by the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Today’s the death knell for Rutten. If we haven’t been laying out the red carpet for Clarko we’re derelict in our duties as a club (nothing new).

How we can let a 5 win rabble club, beat us with relative ease is a disgrace.

* Rutten off now you spineless clowns & Campbell can go with him!
You’ll be pleased to know we “signed Clarko on a 5 year deal” a week or two ago…

That ain't Bryan. Like a deer in headlights.
BZT was a bit like that not too long ago...and it has suddenly clicked for him. Bryan has been playing fairly well in the 2s from what I have read ( I think Eth rated him 2nd best ruck in the VFL not to long ago). I would prefer him over Phillips, and Phillips to come in if one of the rucks get injured. Next year I would be playing the 2 inform rucks which ever combination.

You’ll be pleased to know we “signed Clarko on a 5 year deal” a week or two ago…
Surely Clarko will take Buddy to GWS.

The problem has been and will be the players, whether it’s Clarko, Rutten, or Jesus himself in the coaches box.

“There’s bigger holes in the zone than in my ******* wrists”

Poor physicality. Poor running. Poor skills.

How do you change a mindset and culture that appears to just accept being mediocre and happy enough with "promising progress".
There's talk about bringing in Clarkson, but can he really just flick the switch that suddenly makes these guys hate losing?

Outside of Stringer while at the Doggies, is there any player on our list who has played in team that could be said to have had a successful season (maybe one or two of Shiel's at GWS)?

If losing is the standard, how do you change it?
Burn it all down!!!!

He laid all our tackles and won all our clearances.

Our midfield would look better if Merrett didn't sook it up every time he cops a tag and can't run around getting cheapies all day. 1 tackle, 0 intensity.
Good call!
When he gets tagged he should be moved on to one of the opposition mids to do a job to disrupt them; and then we use Parish as our main man. And vice versa! Zerrett had 38 last week, dominated the 2nd half. This tag was foreseeable - why not have a plan for it? That might require some coaching and thought...

And yes I know Parish has poorer disposal but he is capable of getting on the move, getting big numbers and doing it by volume rather than quality.

He laid all our tackles and won all our clearances.

Our midfield would look better if Merrett didn't sook it up every time he cops a tag and can't run around getting cheapies all day. 1 tackle, 0 intensity.
ThanksI feel merrett and parish play the same game
i don’t have the heart to watch the game till tomorrow!

Flat as flat as flat, who gives a rats, get over it, our season was shot weeks ago. It's all about next year.
You all should stop whinging about nothing. We're in a good position.
wowwee

I went out of my way to make sure I could watch the second half and was struggling to maintain interest after about 5 minutes. Shocking.
Was at my nieces 2nd bday party partaking in fairy bread and kick to kick with my nephew.
Fair to say i made the right decision

Will say this. You have to have players with half a brain before you can make too many coaching moves.
Footy smarts / IQ is not a strong point within our playing group.
Reckon our recruiters are getting wrong?
the head recruiter has only been in the job for 15 years
the irony is collingwood won a flag in 2010- rebuilt and are second on the ladder with a shot at another flag
they have also adopted a new game plan this year
yet the dons can’t win a chook raffle in this time
another wasted year

Reckon our recruiters are getting wrong?
the head recruiter has only been in the job for 15 years
the irony is collingwood won a flag in 2010- rebuilt and are second on the ladder with a shot at another flag
they have also adopted a new game plan this year
yet the dons can’t win a chook raffle in this time
another wasted year
Collingwood are well run. We arent.

They sacked a favourite son when results werent looking great.
We let the club burn for one of ours.

Pies did a search for the replacement.
We picked a guy and offered him the job.

Pies pushed treloar and stephenson out to kickstart a rebuild.
We persuaded daniher and fantasia to hang around one more year to erode their value.

Simple fact is they're a better run club than we are and have been for a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Collingwood are well run. We arent.

They sacked a favourite son when results werent looking great.
We let the club burn for one of ours.

Pies did a search for the replacement.
We picked a guy and offered him the job.

Pies pushed treloar and stephenson out to kickstart a rebuild.
We persuaded daniher and fantasia to hang around one more year to erode their value.

Simple fact is they're a better run club than we are and have been for a bit
Yep very accurate post
we have plenty of posters with blinkers who just can’t see it.
we are an irrelevant club since 2001 bar the drug scandal and the epitome of arrogance

How do you change a mindset and culture that appears to just accept being mediocre and happy enough with "promising progress".
There's talk about bringing in Clarkson, but can he really just flick the switch that suddenly makes these guys hate losing?

Outside of Stringer while at the Doggies, is there any player on our list who has played in team that could be said to have had a successful season (maybe one or two of Shiel's at GWS)?

If losing is the standard, how do you change it?

I know this misses the point of what you're getting at but Jake Kelly played in the 2017 crows/grand final

Mentally fragile club with a history of accepting mediocrity. I’m not even surprised any more.

Love Hobbs and Durham, I really hope the apathy serum that flows through the pipes of Xavier Campbell’s marketing circus (our club) doesn’t destroy them.

Just got home. Son's third game attended for three losses.
BZT was solid and obviously instructed not to be drawn too far up the ground. GWS always had players holding width further than us on the fat side. Parish seemed to be everywhere but the tag on Merrett was clear from the outset, which nullified Parish's contest work a bit. Durham was hard at it. Not much else. Thought they'd come out firing after Spike sledged them.

Met Zach Reid, Kaine Baldwin and Cian McBride, and I was stunned, star struck and speechless like a little bitch. They were awesome and took a selfie with me and the kid. He didn't know who they were. The best I could do was "Good luck. I hope I get to see you in the ones." How lame. Didn't even ask how they went earlier in the day 🙄

Edit: no run off half-back from any of Hind, McGrath or Redman. McGrath in the middle a lot. Would have liked to see more of him from hb.

Just got home. Son's third game attended for three losses.
BZT was solid and obviously instructed not to be drawn too far up the ground. GWS always had players holding width further than us on the fat side. Parish seemed to be everywhere but the tag on Merrett was clear from the outset, which nullified Parish's contest work a bit. Durham was hard at it. Not much else. Thought they'd come out firing after Spike sledged them.

Met Zach Reid, Kaine Baldwin and Cian McBride, and I was stunned, star struck and speechless like a little bitch. They were awesome and took a selfie with me and the kid. He didn't know who they were. The best I could do was "Good luck. I hope I get to see you in the ones." How lame. Didn't even ask how they went earlier in the day 🙄

Edit: no run off half-back from any of Hind, McGrath or Redman. McGrath in the middle a lot. Would have liked to see more of him from hb.
Glad you got to experience the day with your son. My boy was only a few months old when we last won the flag, so has never had the opportunity to taste what it feels like when your team wins a flag.

He has a also constantly reminded me for the last 12 years that I had to make him a Don's supporter when he could have followed the Cats.😂

The forward line team balance looks way off, since adding in Stewart and a rotating Langford. I would bring in Menzie to play alongside Guelfi. A forwardline that has Stringer, Wright, Jones and Stewart (Langford) looks too unbalanced.
Langford should be on the wing but apparently we can’t drop the guy on the wing and he can’t play anywhere else

Glad you got to experience the day with your son. My boy was only a few months old when we last won the flag, so has never had the opportunity to taste what it feels like when your team wins a flag.

He has a also constantly reminded me for the last 12 years that I had to make him a Don's supporter when he could have followed the Cats.😂
Destiny is a strange beast. 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back