Autopsy The good, the bad and the Blakey. All in against the bloods

If Goldstein played his usual amount of minutes playing as a ruckman this year he'd be 2nd-3rd in terms on ruckman ratings.

- He wants to stay.

- He isn't slowing down.

- Doesn't have a history of injuries.

Use Goldstein to his max until can't go no more. Who knows he may be able to play for another 4 years.

The draft, midseason draft, trade/FA periods can be used when we need to invest in another ruckman.

Coleman Jones/Xerri can stay or go....who cares.

On the whole he was doing pretty well.

A couple of glaring mistakes that are attracting some ire. But overall a pretty solid outing.
Think stevo was pretty good, save for the couple major * ups. I like him kicking the ball in too because he creates something instead of long to the flank like others. Risk comes with reward, but also results in the Buddy goal sometimes. I'm OK with it.

Screenshot_20220807-201053_AFL.jpg

3 cheers to the bloke on level 2 around aisle 29 who after the Swans fans were getting into Sleevo launched into

“WHERE ARE SOUTH MELBOURNE??? DEAD!!!”

I applauded
Heard that and pissed myself laughing

Haha I think he also said "WE DIDN'T SELL OUR SOULS!"
He also started counting academy players

If you are on here make yourself known, I want to sit near you every week

As for the sad sack North fan in the same area who said “Will Phillips” every time Logan McDonald went near it, please seek help

Another highlight today was standing behind Sydney's two female trainers at the VFL, when up jogs our male trainer. Was subsequently forced to endure 7 minutes of the most excruciating chat from the poor bloke before he realised he wasn't getting anywhere with the ladies and pissed off to the other side of the ground

With all due respect to Jack, who over his 15 or so seasons has been a warrior: I know there are only a few more games left, but it’s actually a bit selfish of him remaining as an invisible Captain until the end of the year. I can’t imagine it helps his legacy as a pretty damaging bull in his prime.

It might be a nice positive change to hand over the reigns in the last round, play Cunners, and hopefully go out with a win…
You know as you say this, I actually struggle to remember Ziebs in his prime. Sad days indeed.

I feel sad that the lasting impression I have is "he'd bleed for the club but...."

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You know as you say this, I actually struggle to remember Ziebs in his prime. Sad days indeed.

I feel sad that the lasting impression I have is "he'd bleed for the club but...."

even last year he was handy in defense, looks a complete shadow of his former self now. can't impose himself on games like he used to be able to.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
We also took Comben and Perez over him

So the club had 3 chances to pick him and didn’t use 1. It’s not Jack’s fault, is it?
No, Rawling

Edit- not sure if Rawling was our man by then, I think he had to sit out the draft as per wet toast terms. Who did the club have running our draft that year?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I can’t see Jack abandoning the final year of his contract.
It might be the true test of how committed to the club and proud he is, whether to retire and forego his remaining year in return for a coaching role or similar?
It would be a shame to spend his last year in the VFL and not getting a kick, but for $350k+, most would suck it up and take the coin and who could blame them.

We really got screwed signing Jack to 2 years last year otherwise the decision now would have been easy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
No, Rawling

Edit- not sure if Rawling was our man by then, I think he had to sit out the draft as per wet toast terms. Who did the club have running our draft that year?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Luff.

The only reasonable explanation that can justify Mahony’s selection.

Doesn’t possess a single elite trait.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Stephensons * up was terrible.

But Buddy showed how much of a flog he is with the clip on the way through

Absolutely. No big deal but that was crap. Did nothing to earn the goal. Bloke is a star, but has never had to do the hard yards to get a kick. Followed the coin at the cost of playing in premierships and is now quibbling over dollars again. Humility avoids him. Total flog.

Back