List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I found myself supporting Essendon to push them further up the ladder to boost our chances of getting Will (as has been the case all year), and then realised it doesn't matter anymore. Lovely moment.
I had the same realisation just before reading your post. The Bombres can now go and get stuffed.

I had the same realisation just before reading your post. The Bombres can now go and get stuffed.
Funnily enough, when Essendon beat us a few weeks back, it was sort of a consellation that they moved up the ladder for that very reason. Could care less now what happens to them.

I found myself supporting Essendon to push them further up the ladder to boost our chances of getting Will (as has been the case all year), and then realised it doesn't matter anymore. Lovely moment.

Ah, I was wondering why they shut off half way through the third. Obviously all the Brisbane bandwagoners jumping off. ;)

I agree, especially now it looks like they're going to get another first round pick for Rankine.

Trading our future second does mean we can't trade our future first this year without bringing a second back in though.

Haven't been watching the sun's stuff. Is Rankine leaving? Going to break my mates heart - is a disciple level fan of Rankine

Rumoured, Adelaide are offering $4m over 5 years. GC offering $600k per.

Rankine should stay at GC in my view. He can continue to develop with the group and even play their first finals as early as next year.

Pressure would be enormous at Adelaide, he hasn't hit the level of consistency to deliver for that stupid money from them.

Rankine should stay at GC in my view. He can continue to develop with the group and even play their first finals as early as next year.

Pressure would be enormous at Adelaide, he hasn't hit the level of consistency to deliver for that stupid money from them.
Reports on the GC board that even Rankine’s management is telling him to stay on the GC.

Reports on the GC board that even Rankine’s management is telling him to stay on the GC.

He's almost getting Lachie Neale type contract at 22.
Ferals will tear him apart if he keeps having up n down games. Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do feel a bit sad for the suns as they really did publicly back Rankine last year when he was copping it from the media constantly. It seemed like a really good fit for both parties. Rankine seems pretty happy at the Suns as well, but 800k is 800k.

Think they've built up a stronger culture now where losing Rankine won't cause the wheels to fall off.

I do feel a bit sad for the suns as they really did publicly back Rankine last year when he was copping it from the media constantly. It seemed like a really good fit for both parties. Rankine seems pretty happy at the Suns as well, but 800k is 800k.

Think they've built up a stronger culture now where losing Rankine won't cause the wheels to fall off.

It feels like the Suns of a few years ago would overpay him to try and keep him. Might be a sign of growth if they let him go instead of burying themselves in future salary cap issues.

What will it do for Adelaide's culture having Rankine come in earning way more than everyone else? Can't be healthy.

Nothing that can’t be fixed with some groin thrusting, ball cupping and psychological taunting based on confidential information gained unethically from counselling sessions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back