Different paths to September

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Correct me if I’m wrong, but my projections tell me if we win the remaining two games, we’ll finish second, and play a home QF (probably against Sydney).

More realistic scenario is we win 1 where we’ll finish 4th and play the Cats in a QF at the ‘G, and quite possibly get the Dees in the Prelim (Syd #2, Dees #3 - Syd to win their QF) unless of course the Lions beat the Dees in R23 and they finish 3rd. I don’t mind this path - would prefer to play the Cats in a QF where they’re coming off a bye and history tells us they don’t do that very well.

The worst case scenario is we lose our remaining two games, and we’re in an elimination final against either Carlton or Richmond at the ‘G. Then we’re stuck in a week by week sudden death and have 4 tough games to win in September to become Premiers.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my projections tell me if we win the remaining two games, we’ll finish second, and play a home QF (probably against Sydney).

More realistic scenario is we win 1 where we’ll finish 4th and play the Cats in a QF at the ‘G, and quite possibly get the Dees in the Prelim (Syd #2, Dees #3 - Syd to win their QF) unless of course the Lions beat the Dees in R23 and they finish 3rd. I don’t mind this path - would prefer to play the Cats in a QF where they’re coming off a bye and history tells us they don’t do that very well.

The worst case scenario is we lose our remaining two games, and we’re in an elimination final against either Carlton or Richmond at the ‘G. Then we’re stuck in a week by week sudden death and have 4 tough games to win in September to become Premiers.
I'm just hoping we win one more and get top 4, if we don't win another game we'll probably have to play Richmond in an elimination final which I'd rather not do

I like the thought of playing Sydney, beating them and going again, we can only beat whoever is in front of us.

I'm just hoping we win one more and get top 4, if we don't win another game we'll probably have to play Richmond in an elimination final which I'd rather not do
Absolutely. Ideally we’re beating the Swans which makes the Carlton game a stress free experience for the fans and the players. Just one more win does it because of the Melb v Lions R23 clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think something went wrong there mate, I had north playing the bombers

no the predictor had north beating the bombers in the prelim.... it also predicted north to have half its team out in the granny with covid... the predictor said we won the premiership by 300 points.... i bought the predictor in bali for 55 cents and got a free hat thrown in. Best predictor ive ever used

The most realistic path became reality.

Win our QF and we’re through to a Prelim against probably Sydney or Brisbane at the ‘G.

Lose, and we’re probably playing Freo at the ‘G in a Semi then Melbourne in a Prelim.

Assuming Melbourne get up against the Swans and Lions beat the Tigers at the GABBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back