• Patrick Parnell

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. Beating a team with two wins for the year. They have 18 losses for a reason.
Berry. So tough, keeps the ball with us or neutral as oppose

I get not all supporters see what Ned brings. He is not a bust. I would suggest most players in the league would love him as a team mate

Not at all, he's just the most average small forward in the league at the moment.

McHenry and Jones are a bust. It's time to stop flogging a dead horse.
Not a fan of either, but I thought that both played well enough today and gave them both a tick.

Jones may have only had 7 disposals, but many of his possessions were contested and I think we’re all wins and/or an effective disposal. He took a courageous mark or two and played his role.

McHenry has now had 2 fairly good games by playing his role with vigour and effectiveness.

I think that their deficiencies are clear for all too see and I don’t think that either will be best 22 in a future Top 4 Crows team ….. but at the moment they both deserve a pat on the back.

Wouldn't get a game at any other club and shouldn't be getting a game at ours either.

No, he'd get a game at a few. Not the clubs who are rich in small forward talents, but the ones who needed a cheap forward who wouldn't be a black hole, seeing McHenry is really the league standard when it comes to small forwards (in baseball terms, he'd be the 0.0 WAR player).

Remember, Luke Dahlhaus played nearly half the season for a top four team as a reference to how low the bar can get for small forwards.

Gutsy win given the week. You have to respect these guys. Hopefully one day we will have a Board and football dept we can also respect.
To be fair the entire football dept except roo and most of the board are untainted. Just gotta get rid of the remaining bad apples but we knew that already

G: Only saw the second half, but I thought our forward entries were a lot better, not so much of the bomb it long.

Good to win after the week we've had rightly getting smashed in the media. A good thing most of the people from the camp are no longer at the club bar a few. That clearly helped with the teams performance.

Love watching Soligo play. He's not going to be a super star, but a very solid reliable footballer for many years. Makes great decisions and has solid skills. Looks a beauty.

Fog - can't believe I wrote him off earlier this year. He is playing some seriously good footy. Let's hope he can continue to improve on top of what he's serving up now.

B: Saw the replay of Hamill getting cleaned up. A sickening clash and is now apparently his 6th concussion. Not good.

Congrats to Kennedy on super career.
I don't really get this comment. Soligo has shown no significant weaknesses thus far to suggest he cant be an elite player in the comp. Feel like going this early saying he wont be a superstar is just as silly as saying he will be. Ceiling is high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all about context though isn’t it? Nobody is going to remember a meaningless loss in R23 of a dead season if you’re able to draft the next superstar midfielder of the comp. You’re not gonna sit there in 5 years time watching Phillipou win games off his own boot for another team but thinking “Thank god we didn’t finish bottom 3 again in 2022”

You take a win in Perth every day of the week. One day we’ll go there and there’ll be plenty riding on it - this experience will be worth plenty to the 22 who were out there.

I don't really get this comment. Soligo has shown no significant weaknesses thus far to suggest he cant be an elite player in the comp. Feel like going this early saying he wont be a superstar is just as silly as saying he will be. Ceiling is high.
The only thing I haven’t seen him do is overhead mark, but who cares!

Not even Laird's best of the season. He's having some second half of the season.

McAdam's career best.

And supports Murphy's contributions 👍

Attachments

• RDT_20220807_2332317695338867709010729.jpg
    RDT_20220807_2332317695338867709010729.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 121
Good win. Nice to kick a winning score without Walker having a big influence. In addition to Walker, some of the other strong players from last week's win like Smith and Keays had quiet games and we still got it done.

McAdam was really good - maybe his best AFL game.
Hinge also probably had a career best game for us, was really good.
Fogarty a super last quarter, one of the big improvers of the year.
Laird fantastic and was BoG, should be a third B&F year for him.
Berry and Soligo good again.

ROB, Murphy and Himmelberg were all good in the second half and had an influence. No idea where Murphy should really be playing, but was good at times today around stoppages. Has had a pretty solid last month overall.

On the negative side, easily Walker's worst game for the year, got smashed by Barrass. Thought Butts was poor also. Smith's worst game for the year probably, Jones and Milera did a couple of good things but were quiet overall. Can't be too harsh on McHenry since he did kick a couple of goals but he didn't do much else, down from last week.

Jones wasn't amazing while on the wing, but thought he was super solid defensively. Halved some contests against really quick players. A couple of big spoils running back with the flight. At least one eye-catching mark. Not stat sheet stuff but really important.

Interesting that Silvers and Olsen were at the game, was that out of respect to JK or making sure the team didn't read any media?
Noticed that also. Didn't mind it to be honest. I reckon given the week we've had, it was probably as much about supporting the lads and keeping them focused.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Jones wasn't amazing while on the wing, but thought he was super solid defensively. Halved some contests against really quick players. A couple of big spoils running back with the flight. At least one eye-catching mark. Not stat sheet stuff but really important.
Agreed. I thought he did some important things.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Berry is a machine. Would have to be one of the most fierce afl midfielders already. I hope his body holds up over time.

Hinge often gets praise, but I think he's still a bit underrated. Still really inexperienced but shows signs of being a very very handy player. Great pick up by list management.

Laird another bog (jk prob gets the votes)

Fog looking more at home each game. Confident. Love seeing it. Glad I kept faith in the 32.

Soligo again. Nothing more to be said.

Murphy decent game. What is this guys role?

Parnell all class when he gets it.

McAdam good again.

Worrell another decent game. Good to back it up. Don't think he has more potential than Doedee in the 3rd tall role, so will be interesting to see what they do with him going forward. Has more scope to play on taller players. Geelong seem to play 8 tall defenders every week, so maybe we can make it work.

Bad :

Hamill another concussion. I really think this guy could be anything but he may never get the chance. So unlucky.

Walker had a shocker. Barrass is a gun though and we can't expect walker to dominate every week.

Last edited:
Back