The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fab and Matip both poor but we know they're good. Just an off day. Same with Trent.

Thiago's injury a worry. Also Firmino's lack of touch and impact

Looked better with Nunez and Elliott on. Salah came to life alongside those guys too.

Calmed down a bit now. Poor performance but keep it in context. We scored 2, hit the post, hit the bar and copped a highly dubious penalty. On another day we win comfortably though in all honesty based on performance Fulham deserved a point.

Much more concerning than the result was Thiago. Yet another hamstring injury.

We now have 4 senior midfielders unavailable. 3 them could be out for while. Problem is Jurg has sort of backed himself into a corner based on his previous comments about more transfers.

There is no sugar coating that. It was an awful display. I think of the starting XI only Mo can hold his head up. Robbo did nothing, Alisson was wayward when he had it, consistently kicking it into touch when he usually retains it. VVD gave away a needless penalty which again was bizarre as he never does that, his radar was miles off with his switches as well. Joel gave the ball away needlessly that led to the penalty. TAA whilst he did create the second goal was awful and was coming inside far too much.

The midfield was completely bypassed. Zero impact from any of Hendo, Fab or Thiago and none of them could hold onto or string a pass together. Bobby made no impact at all and gave the ball away too many times.

Diaz was actually ok now that I think about it. Mo was good and kept us in it with an assist and a goal.

But overall a completely un-Liverpool like display. Sloppy, couldnt keep it, couldnt pass it, couldnt get organised defensively. Just a really strange game, particularly after coming off beating the champions a week earlier in the Community Shield.

Only positive was Nunez looks the part and Elliott was good when he came on and he'll need to be given all our injuries in midfield.

We've just given City a two point headstart and in title races as close as they have been with City, that's just an advantage you cant give them early doors.

Super disappointing. It also now puts pressure on next week as it will be vital to win and right the ship quickly.

Really frustrating.

Same old dropping points against lowly teams. Cursed.
There’s a reason why you have CB’s, RB & LB, midfielders, etc. Our defensive line is too high giving Fulham (of all teams) easy access to their second goal. We’re too open at the back and our midfield is non existent.

BfkmAwX.jpg

GvdHwYI.jpg

AI9gu1x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be Elliot coming in if Naby isn't fit

He looked good when he came on but Carvalho looked great during pre-season. Don't be surprised if Jurgen goes with Carvalho.

Saying that, Jurgen said Naby is just crook and will certainly be available for the next game.

It will be Elliott who is given the nod. If he's first off the bench, then it's likely he's first to be given the chance to start.

I read somewhere a good point about how Henderson's game has changed and he's no longer really an 8 but a 6. So when you have two 6's in midfield in Hendo and Fabinho, it doesnt quite work.

It has to be time to phase Henderson out. I think our best midfield three is Fabinho, Thiago and Keita. But Keita has never really been given a run at it, even when fit which is why I think he doesnt want to sign a new deal and wants to head elsewhere.

Think Darwin has to start next game, Bob just looked like the game was too quick for him, everything passed him by and when he got it, he gave it away

Two crap goals to give away, too, the 2nd was galling, Joel gave it away then Virgil got baited

Bobby is a class act but unfortunately he is declining physically. Once Jota / Nunez are both available his minutes will become mostly off the bench.

If Thiago has a serious injury a midfield transfer is a must. Pull the chequebook out and get Bellinghmam done now if need be. So what if it means shelling out 90-100m.
I think BVB are open to selling but not right now. I heard that we approached BVB about Bellingham now and they said not now, come back in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back