Player Watch Jake Soligo - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of the commentators yesterday..brereton i think..was enthusing on just how good he was playing. Don't worry he is starting to get noticed

He's been getting plaudits for the last month or so, lots of "the Crows have found a player here" types of comments.

I agree with above, he is in the box seat for best first year player at the Crows now.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is a bit of recency bias there though. Soligo didn’t play from rounds 3-8, and he certainly hasn’t had the same impact on games as Rachele did in the early rounds.

Rachele's first five games were fantastic, certainly. He didn't do much after that, though. Whereas Soligo has put together a real solid last two months.

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for Rachele. But Soligo has gone ahead of him for performance this year.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
Yes, he slipped my mind. Hopefully the fact we had the win gives Soli the edge.

I'd prefer he gets it after the next two weeks if he puts in a blinder. Yesterday was ok, but wasn't his best game of the last few. Had some good moments, but would love to see a four quarter effort next week against the Roos which demands a nomination.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think I had slept a bit on how good this guy's short kicking is. Damn he can hit a target!
It's not so much that his short kicking is good, it's more that he has the coolness and poise to see that it's the best option: he's a footballer. The case in point is the short pass to Fog. Most of the rest would have done a panicked thump towards the goal in hope of the miracle matchwinning play.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not so much that his short kicking is good, it's more that he has the coolness and poise to see that it's the best option: he's a footballer. The case in point is the short pass to Fog. Most of the rest would have done a panicked thump towards the goal in hope of the miracle matchwinning play.
Exactly. It’s the sort of kick a Richmond player would do, to spot up a leading forward in a margin of space.

I’m so used to our bomb to the goal square that it took me by surprise. Then I realised it was Soligo and it made sense - he is very good at finding team mates 15-20m away whilst under pressure.

Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly. It’s the sort of kick a Richmond player would do, to spot up a leading forward in a margin of space.

I’m so used to our bomb to the goal square that it took me by surprise. Then I realised it was Soligo and it made sense - he is very good at finding team mates 15-20m away whilst under pressure.
His pass to McHenry last week was another good example of this. So much poise under pressure.

His pass to McHenry last week was another good example of this. So much poise under pressure.
Helps that he's very quick hand to foot.

Complete opposite to most of our players.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Helps that he's very quick hand to foot.

Complete opposite to most of our players.
He's very clean. Rarely fumbles. His handballing is flat, fast and to advantage. He doesn't try to kill his teammates with hospital ball kicks either. So yeah, stands out like donkeys balls in our side.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Really enjoyed this play in the last quarter. The ability to win a hard ball then affect a kick to a free team mate in the same motion, and under pressure, was top drawer.

f3f007ef1ef22240c5e9dac66a85e024.gif
Kid has toughness and polish in equal measure.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

kick it to me_

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really enjoyed this play in the last quarter. The ability to win a hard ball then affect a kick to a free team mate in the same motion, and under pressure, was top drawer.

Just bodies season player in duggen off the ball. How strong is this kids core.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

Great work by Soligo but Hinge doesn't come off well here. Just jogging along like a dainty little girl.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
I clicked on this thread to ask the same question. Will Soligo get a Rising star nomination. I hope he does. I think he deserves it and it sounds like a lot of other people agree.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Hinge ain't soft. Now sure what you wanted him to do instead. Jump in the back of the WC players? Charge at the ball with Soligo?
Hinge is not soft. Would have thought the player with a view down the field should get that ball though. Soligo had to turn and hit a target in a split second. Difficult to pull off and he did really well. His short kicking game is very good.

Back