NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They made the bubble championship only 2 years ago this season were a game away from the finals.

IMO they don't need much else, in the East it is between, Boston, bucks, and heat can't see anyone else coming out of the east.

Again even with what you said about them not having picks etc KD is completely out of the question.

The only thing that would stop them from being one of the favs coming out of the East is if KD joined boston.
The bubble year is going a long way back, the year after they were no where near a championship team.

My point more is despite making the finals that year they were never beating the Lakers in the finals. I think the Bucks and Celtics were a better team this year and both got better in the off season. The Heat didn't, they lose Tucker who was an important piece for them. I absolutely can see the Sixers coming out of the East before i can the Heat. They have desperately needed 3 and D wings and they finally have them. I think they had close to the best off season of any team.

I think they have gone past the Heat, the only reason i would even think of taking the Heat is the difference in coaches.

Hypothetically speaking if/when Minnesota joins the East, I could honestly see them winning the conference. Hopefully that happens once Seattle and Vegas join the league
Is the East an easier than the West at the moment?

Even if you were to swap them right now they are probably a similar seed in the East as they would be in the West somewhere around the 4/5

The bubble year is going a long way back, the year after they were no where near a championship team.

My point more is despite making the finals that year they were never beating the Lakers in the finals. I think the Bucks and Celtics were a better team this year and both got better in the off season. The Heat didn't, they lose Tucker who was an important piece for them. I absolutely can see the Sixers coming out of the East before i can the Heat. They have desperately needed 3 and D wings and they finally have them. I think they had close to the best off season of any team.

I think they have gone past the Heat, the only reason i would even think of taking the Heat is the difference in coaches.
I think you're undermining Spols ability as a coach.

He has done an unbelievable job with what he has had. One of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the NBA right now.

Basically he can coach a team to the finals imo. That is why I still rate them high.

Is the East an easier than the West at the moment?

Even if you were to swap them right now they are probably a similar seed in the East as they would be in the West somewhere around the 4/5

Feels like Minnesota (to me) match up better with teams in the East than the West.

He has done an unbelievable job with what he has had. One of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the NBA right now.

Basically he can coach a team to the finals imo. That is why I still rate them high.
Maybe but i am very high on him, i rate him the best coach in the league. But he is the reason i am even rating them where i am.

Lets look at the starting 5

PG Lowry SG Strus SF Butler PF???? C Bam

Bench Herro, Vincent, Robinson, Dedmon, Martin

They have a huge hole at the 4, genuine role player at the 2 and a pretty average bench. They could start Herro but the bench takes another hit in that case. I also have big concerns over Lowry at his age with the injuries he has had.

Look the Heat have made a lot of people look dumb by exceeding expectations for years, but on paper i think the 3 teams i mentioned above have significantly better rosters, i am not sure if coaching will be able to bridge that gap.

Feels like Minnesota (to me) match up better with teams in the East than the West.
It's possible but i just don't see them as an elite team yet. I do think however they are going to be an a very good regular season team, not convinced yet they are a genuine threat in the play offs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but i am very high on him, i rate him the best coach in the league. But he is the reason i am even rating them where i am.

Lets look at the starting 5

PG Lowry SG Strus SF Butler PF???? C Bam

Bench Herro, Vincent, Robinson, Dedmon, Martin

They have a huge hole at the 4, genuine role player at the 2 and a pretty average bench. They could start Herro but the bench takes another hit in that case. I also have big concerns over Lowry at his age with the injuries he has had.

Look the Heat have made a lot of people look dumb by exceeding expectations for years, but on paper i think the 3 teams i mentioned above have significantly better rosters, i am not sure if coaching will be able to bridge that gap.

Butler could play a point 4 no problem. Not like he is a perimeter star and most 4s are his size these days anyway.

They would still have a 4 and 5 who are almost complete non threats from beyond the arc
Butler decides to be a 3pt threat against us...

Heat's game has never been predicated by the 3 to be far.

Long as they have decent shooters they'll be fine.

I agree when people say they are overachieving for sure but I still wouldn't count them out, they are the NBAs biggest dark horse.

Butler decides to be a 3pt threat against us...

Heat's game has never been predicated by the 3 to be far.

Long as they have decent shooters they'll be fine.

I agree when people say they are overachieving for sure but I still wouldn't count them out, they are the NBAs biggest dark horse.

I don't think people say they aren't a chance, just they shouldn't necessarily rest on their laurels

We need a stretch PF though. Spo will cook the team with uber small ball with Jimmy or Caleb playing the 4. That's just not going to be sustainable over an 82 game season plus playoffs. We will be rooted by the 60 game mark lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back