don't think much changes from my side in last couple of rounds;

Stewart - Collins - Taylor
Daicos - May - Young
Brayshaw - Petracca - McCluggage
Bolton - J.Cameron - Rozee
Stengle - Hawkins - P.Cripps
D.Cameron - Liberatore - Oliver
Guthrie - Walsh - Mills - Warner

Slotted Cripps where he is as I've been most impressed by his presence forward this year. Has really added that bow to his game.
Neale?

don't think much changes from my side in last couple of rounds;

Stewart - Collins - Taylor
Daicos - May - Young
Brayshaw - Petracca - McCluggage
Bolton - J.Cameron - Rozee
Stengle - Hawkins - P.Cripps
D.Cameron - Liberatore - Oliver
Guthrie - Walsh - Mills - Warner

Slotted Cripps where he is as I've been most impressed by his presence forward this year. Has really added that bow to his game.
Curnow and Charlie Cameron?

Not in the top 10 half backs in the comp this year.

Saad, Docherty, Butler, Redman, Dale, Cummings, H.Young, N.Daicos, Angus Brayshaw, Lloyd have all had better years than Daniel. Has improved exponentially but let's not get carried away with being in AA conversation.

Maynard has been better than most of them

Glad to see Tommy Barrass getting some love in here, but will ultimately fall victim to playing in a historically bad team.

Just shows how good the bloke is, honestly if they picked him no one could complain.

Have you seen any Collingwood games genius? Daicos has him covered in almost every area, possessions, rebounds, meters gained. Daicos is a running machine, runs harder than anyone in the 2nd place side.

Maynard as well. Honestly actually have Maynard having the best year between the three

To many better players in the same position.

Wouldn't have a problem if he made it on the bench though

Not sure I agree with that anymore to be honest. Docherty has dropped off, Sinclair has dropped off, Saad is still number one in the role but has been poor the last couple. Stewart has not played well enough to overcome five games out. Young and Redman have been great, but didn't start as strongly. Dale nowhere near it this year IMO.

If push comes to shove I still have those first three ahead of Daniel, but reading some of the justifications on here just makes me think that people are reacting against overzealous Richmond fans and not actually watching what he's doing. He's a walkup for the 40.

Not sure I agree with that anymore to be honest. Docherty has dropped off, Sinclair has dropped off, Saad is still number one in the role but has been poor the last couple. Stewart has not played well enough to overcome five games out. Young and Redman have been great, but didn't start as strongly. Dale nowhere near it this year IMO.

If push comes to shove I still have those first three ahead of Daniel, but reading some of the justifications on here just makes me think that people are reacting against overzealous Richmond fans and not actually watching what he's doing. He's a walkup for the 40.

Stewart is a stone cold certainty you can lock it in right now. Absolute moral. He's the one guy who has been streets above his peers and he's in a side that will win the MP, they get players in.

He might get in the 40, but I would bet any money on Saad and Stewart being there in the 22. Stewart doesn't necessarily deserve to be in there due to how much he has missed I agree with that, but he has had some extremely strong games and based on reputation alone he will get in. Best player in the current top of the ladder side, he will get in.

Forgot to do a Round 19 update, but after Round 20:

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - James Sicily
HB: Jordan Dawson - Sam Taylor - Jack Sinclair
C: Touk Miller - Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills
HF: Shai Bolton - Tom Hawkins - Christian Petracca
FF: Charlie Cameron - Charlie Curnow - Jeremy Cameron
RR: Max Gawn - Clayton Oliver - Lachie Neale
IC: Mark Blicavs - Isaac Heeney - Patrick Cripps - Connor Rozee

Out: Jarrod Witts, Aaron Naughton, Sam Docherty, Sam Walsh
In: Max Gawn, Patrick Cripps, Isaac Heeney, Connor Rozee

I'd ideally like one more defender, but I'll wait to see if one stands out over the next couple of weeks (maybe a Wilkie or Angus Brayshaw type). I'm sure Bontempelli will find his way into the team, too.
Round 21 update:

HB: Brayden Maynard - Sam Taylor - Jack Sinclair
IC: Mark Blicavs - Isaac Heeney - Patrick Cripps - Jordan Dawson

Out: Connor Rozee (unlucky)
In: Brayden Maynard

Feel like the balance of the team looks a bit better now. Maynard gets in as the one small defender who plays a lockdown role.

If Cripps misses the last two due to suspension, he quite possibly drops back out. If Melbourne misses top-four, then one of May and Gawn may be in jeopardy, though there's not an immense amount of competition for those places currently.

By team:

Adelaide: 1
Brisbane: 2
Carlton: 2
Collingwood: 1
Essendon: 0
Fremantle: 1
Geelong: 4
GWS: 1
Gold Coast: 1
Hawthorn: 1
Melbourne: 4
North Melbourne: 0
Port Adelaide: 0
Richmond: 1
St Kilda: 1
Sydney: 2
West Coast: 0
Western Bulldogs: 0

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jez over Curnow for me
No one I'd take out for Charlie

I say this as big fans of both players too. Any other year and both Charlie's are in.
Either Stengle or Cripps as i would have them both out. Stengle's record against good teams isn't great. Plus Cameron has 7 more goals and 7 more assists

Cameron has been the best small forward this season, Bolton is more a mid/forward

Curnow will win the Coleman so will be in the team. Give the way Jeremy Cameron plays you can name him on a HFF or FP and go with 3 talls

Glad to see Tommy Barrass getting some love in here, but will ultimately fall victim to playing in a historically bad team.
It should support the case for a full back in reality. What he has managed to do this year with the amount of clean , unpressured ball being delivered into the opposition forward line has been amazing.

I know what you mean though. Bottom teams dont often get due consideration for AA because, well, they are s**t and WC this year have been particularly s**t. I think though that the calibre of footy he has been producing, particularly the past 6 weeks is definitely at AA level.

If he can produce a big game in the last round and nullify Hawkins in what is bound to be an almighty romp by the Cats, that may be enough to seal it for him.

Stewart is a stone cold certainty you can lock it in right now. Absolute moral. He's the one guy who has been streets above his peers and he's in a side that will win the MP, they get players in.
Aside from the five games he's missed, Stewart has also had the game against the Dogs where he was subbed out after a quarter, the game on the weekend where he was quiet, and the West Coast game where he was very quiet. He's basically had 9-10 good, AA level games for the year, including a couple of monster outings.

I really just don't see how that's an All Australian level season. Would be reputation alone, and a really terrible selection. If you're gonna miss that many, you should be Gaz Jr 2014 level or Stevie J in 2007 to get in, and he's been a mile off that.

Round 21 update:

HB: Brayden Maynard - Sam Taylor - Jack Sinclair
IC: Mark Blicavs - Isaac Heeney - Patrick Cripps - Jordan Dawson

Out: Connor Rozee (unlucky)
In: Brayden Maynard

Feel like the balance of the team looks a bit better now. Maynard gets in as the one small defender who plays a lockdown role.

If Cripps misses the last two due to suspension, he quite possibly drops back out. If Melbourne misses top-four, then one of May and Gawn may be in jeopardy, though there's not an immense amount of competition for those places currently.

By team:

Adelaide: 1
Brisbane: 2
Carlton: 2
Collingwood: 1
Essendon: 0
Fremantle: 1
Geelong: 4
GWS: 1
Gold Coast: 1
Hawthorn: 1
Melbourne: 4
North Melbourne: 0
Port Adelaide: 0
Richmond: 1
St Kilda: 1
Sydney: 2
West Coast: 0
Western Bulldogs: 0

Top side

his game on the weekend was the stuff of legends, and last week he quelled cameron which won us the game .

Aside from the five games he's missed, Stewart has also had the game against the Dogs where he was subbed out after a quarter, the game on the weekend where he was quiet, and the West Coast game where he was very quiet. He's basically had 9-10 good, AA level games for the year, including a couple of monster outings.

I really just don't see how that's an All Australian level season. Would be reputation alone, and a really terrible selection. If you're gonna miss that many, you should be Gaz Jr 2014 level or Stevie J in 2007 to get in, and he's been a mile off that.

He’s the most important player in the side that’s top by a mile. He’s easily in the side, he’d be the first picked in those positions yes way ahead of Saad who is no certainty anyway-

He’s the most important player in the side that’s top by a mile. He’s easily in the side, he’d be the first picked in those positions yes way ahead of Saad who is no certainty anyway-
Not sure we have the same criteria for picking an AA side then. 10 decent games shouldn't get you in, no matter how good your team is, or how important you have been historically.

Not in the top 10 half backs in the comp this year.

Saad, Docherty, Butler, Redman, Dale, Cummings, H.Young, N.Daicos, Angus Brayshaw, Lloyd have all had better years than Daniel. Has improved exponentially but let's not get carried away with being in AA conversation.
Haha get off it. I don't think Rioli will make the 22 but please at least put some effort in when assessing him. Who the * is Cummings? And Butler? Lloyd as in Jake Lloyd? :$

Has to be a troll.

Neale equal first in the coaches votes and will be right up there for the Brownlow, has to be a starting mid at this point
my side is shaping up very differently to how it usually does
Coleman leader is generally in it (no Curnow).
Coaches votes leaderboard generally dictates (no Lachie...as of yet..I think Warner comes out though)

Not sure we have the same criteria for picking an AA side then. 10 decent games shouldn't get you in, no matter how good your team is, or how important you have been historically.

He is going to be there and he’d be the first picked in that position. Wouldn’t be one player I’d be picking over him. The second position is tougher and there’s a bunch of them all deserving.

He is going to be there and he’d be the first picked in that position. Wouldn’t be one player I’d be picking over him. The second position is tougher and there’s a bunch of them all deserving.
hes missed 5 games, average in a couple more and almost BOG in the rest. I think thats enough to get in. Only way i see him missing is if he has two more shockers but any average game (average for stewart i mean) should be good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back