• Patrick Parnell

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO pressure is his #1 wood .....still offers more than Rowe & Crouch .....I'd rather McHenry over those 2

Would a Club trade for him ? ......doubt it ATM ......but give the kid a break, he's only 22 with 47 games ....I'll cut him some slack till end of next year
McHenry got drafted in the top twenty because he sold a great story.
Do you know that story? Hamish did and got sold hook, line and sinker.

Coaches votes

10 Josh J Kennedy (WCE)
7 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Rory Laird (ADEL)
5 Tom Barrass (WCE)
1 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
1 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
So Adam Simpson thought 3 of the 5 best players on the ground were West Coast players even though they lost? I'll give him Kennedy and Barrass but Nic Nat? Seriously? only gave Laird 2 votes as well?

Berry has already displaced Keays imo. Laird and Berry are our two best mids. The debate is who is next best out of Soligo, Schoenberg, Keays. A fit Rachele and the inclusion of Rankine along with another preseason into the likes of Cook, Pedlar Newchurch, Nankervis will see Murphy and McHenry out of the team. Pedlar can already play that position better than Ned but Pedlar is injury prone.

Probably one preseason off being accurate. He's beginning to displace, but there is still a fair bit to go before it's fully.

So Adam Simpson thought 3 of the 5 best players on the ground were West Coast players even though they lost? I'll give him Kennedy and Barrass but Nic Nat? Seriously? only gave Laird 2 votes as well?

Kind of fair to be honest. WCE were carried by those three, whereas Adelaide really didn't have that many standout performers outside of Laird and Fogarty.

They agreed on the top 4 right, just different placement of Laird? I think the top 4 of both coaches is accurate, definitely wouldn't have given Nic Nat a vote though.

They agreed on the top 4 right, just different placement of Laird? I think the top 4 of both coaches is accurate, definitely wouldn't have given Nic Nat a vote though.
He was flat out dominant in that first half, they killed us in clearances and he was a big reason why. If he played like that the whole game he probably would’ve gotten 4 votes from both coaches.

Kind of fair to be honest. WCE were carried by those three, whereas Adelaide really didn't have that many standout performers outside of Laird and Fogarty.
Also goes by kpi. Adelaide were more efficient. Younger sides like us should be greatly heartened for a win in this manner but not make it a rule.

Potentially, but at this stage I think we’re reading too much into one bad game from Tex. It’s not like he got beaten by Sam Durdin. Barass is a serious player and he’s in good form, I’ll back Tex to bounce back this week.
100%. It was his worst game of the year by a big margin so I think it's fair to just see it as an outlier. He also had a snap at goal from the ruck touched on the line in addition to the one he kicked, and nearly had a second goal assist with the Keays one. If he does those two things he comes out of the game with 2 goals and 2 goal assists which is not a great day given he only had 5 possessions, but not dreadful.

Interestingly this made me look at his possession count from recent years - his worst game this year before this was 11 disposals, which is higher than his average disposal count for the whole period 2018-2020 across 50 games (10.6). In 2020, his best game for the year was 11 disposals. He also hasn't been held goalless since round 8 2021. Not huge news to anyone I know but just striking how bad that post-2017 period was compared to the consistency he has shown recently.

Thank you Crows for hanging around so long for Josh Kennedy’s sendoff. It was rude that we (WCE) made you wait so long. Sorry.
But very classy by your boys. Very respectful. Thanks.

PS: Congrats to Rory Laird.

IMO pressure is his #1 wood .....still offers more than Rowe & Crouch .....I'd rather McHenry over those 2

Would a Club trade for him ? ......doubt it ATM ......but give the kid a break, he's only 22 with 47 games ....I'll cut him some slack till end of next year
Exactly this, I’m not comparing either to Fogarty, but far out, just have some patience with these kids. Even if some may not see it, there are attributes that they bring that if they bring more regularly, there MAY well be careers for them. Not saying they will definitely make it, but they may.

So many wrote Fog off…….

Exactly this, I’m not comparing either to Fogarty, but far out, just have some patience with these kids. Even if some may not see it, there are attributes that they bring that if they bring more regularly, there MAY well be careers for them. Not saying they will definitely make it, but they may.

So many wrote Fog off…….
But you brought up Fogarty as an example of why you need to be patient, the difference is Fogarty is a KPF, who struggled for fitness, they always take longer but you could see he had AFL quality attributes.

Jones and McHenry are smalls who have been given more opportunities than Fog. Jones has shown he has some decent attributes but we rarely see them whereas McHenry has shown he’s a trier that’s it.

Both have been in the system for 3 years and should be showing more than they are, plenty of smalls with less experience have shown they are going to make it and are actually making it.

But curious, how long do you plan on giving them before you come to the realisation that they won’t make it?

But you brought up Fogarty as an example of why you need to be patient, the difference is Fogarty is a KPF, who struggled for fitness, they always take longer but you could see he had AFL quality attributes.

Jones and McHenry are smalls who have been given more opportunities than Fog. Jones has shown he has some decent attributes but we rarely see them whereas McHenry has shown he’s a trier that’s it.

Both have been in the system for 3 years and should be showing more than they are, plenty of smalls with less experience have shown they are going to make it and are actually making it.

But curious, how long do you plan on giving them before you come to the realisation that they won’t make it?
Oh boy, comparing views of posters on Fogarty to these other kids, not the players. not that difficult, although tunnel vision may make you focus on the small things and miss the big picture.

I go to games and watch games on TV as a member and supporter. I’m not there seeing everything they do at training, what they contribute in meetings and so on. So I dont know how long, but right now, I’ll let our coaches decide, because unlike me and you, They probably know a bit more about these players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh boy, comparing views of posters on Fogarty to these other kids, not the players. not that difficult, although tunnel vision may make you focus on the small things and miss the big picture.

I go to games and watch games on TV as a member and supporter. I’m not there seeing everything they do at training, what they contribute in meetings and so on. So I dont know how long, but right now, I’ll let our coaches decide, because unlike me and you, They probably know a bit more about these players

The big picture is neither of them will be in our next premiership team. Good depth players but thats it.

Comparing posters views on players is irrelevant if you aren’t comparing the players ;) Even then you started this with a throwaway comment criticising posters, but you didn’t even name them, so who is doing that to warrant a bad?

You watch games but think how they contribute in meetings needs to be taken into account? As for the coaches, do they make mistakes or should we just blindly put our faith in them?

I don’t think Ned and especially Jones are gonna be long-term players for us at this point in time, but it feels off to generalise that smalls should always develop quicker than KPP players

Look at someone like Dawson, for instance. Some players in general just take more time than others. Didn’t really show a whole lot at AFL level until year four. Someone like Isaac Cumming didn’t show anything until year five

In general, some players just take more time than others, whether they be KPP or smaller size. It’s a matter of determining whether players have enough quality attributes to succeed at AFL level, and nurturing them

I don’t think Ned and especially Jones are gonna be long-term players for us at this point in time, but it feels off to generalise that smalls should always develop quicker than KPP players

Look at someone like Dawson, for instance. Some players in general just take more time than others. Didn’t really show a whole lot at AFL level until year four. Someone like Isaac Cumming didn’t show anything until year five

In general, some players just take more time than others, whether they be KPP or smaller size. It’s a matter of determining whether players have enough quality attributes to succeed at AFL level, and nurturing them
Do you think McHenry has those attributes? Jones is one maybe needs more development because he has some attributes, but McHenry, just don’t see it besides his work ethic

Do you think McHenry has those attributes? Jones is one maybe needs more development because he has some attributes, but McHenry, just don’t see it besides his work ethic
Jones has better strengths but more obvious weaknesses, IMO (decision making is generally worse I think, as well as his wild inconsistency for the roles he’s played)

Ned’s probably a bit more well rounded at an average kind of level, which bodes better for his ability to become a role player in the league, but still hasn’t grown enough as a player this year to give me confidence that he won’t be soon overtaken

Thank you Crows for hanging around so long for Josh Kennedy’s sendoff. It was rude that we (WCE) made you wait so long. Sorry.
But very classy by your boys. Very respectful. Thanks.

PS: Congrats to Rory Laird.
JK is a champion of our game and he deserved all the time in the world. It would have been out pleasure to see him off the right way 👍

Best thing I saw from Jones was his second effort when halving a contest. He reacted pretty quickly.
None of that involves disposal or involvement in chain of play.
McHenry is lucky to get on the end of a couple. Inside or outside a contest he only gets recognition if it’s a collision.
There is surely two better replacements and I haven’t even started on Murphy.

So many wrote Fog off…….
That is a large part of the issue McHenry has played nearly every game of the last two seasons and is still retained if he plays a stinker - perhaps as you said the coaches know more than us mere mortals - but when do you cut your losses and move forward by finding a player that plays his role better?

Do we back in our list and not delist or recruit because they all may click? Apart from the effort does he show any outstanding attributes? He will play his 50th game round 1 surely we should be seeing some signs other than terrier effort - I think we could find someone who adds more to our team.

As an ex-English teacher, I used to be able to decipher howlers like
"After the witches profits, Macbeth thought he was invisible ..." but this left me for dead:
Dawson traded in and if Rankine trade there more spokes taken.
4th year on list and drafter as 1st Round mids and our rookie picks mid season picks are going past them in Hinge and Parnell.
Uhhhh .... what? :confusedv1:

Back