Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Sun August 14th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

38028C4D-A3C6-456A-84BD-C34ECB7C2335.png

4TH V 2ND

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 22
SYDNEY V COLLINGWOOD
SUNDAY AUGUST 14TH 3:20PM EST (SCG)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

SWANS

B: D.Rampe, T.McCartin, R.Fox
HB: J.Lloyd, P.McCartin, O.Florent
C: R.Clarke, J.Rowbottom, C.Mills - C
HF: W.Hayward, S.Reid, E.Gulden
F: T.Papley, L.Franklin, I.Heeney
FOLL: T.Hickey, C.Warner, L.Parker

I/C (from): N.Blakey, L.McDonald, D.Stephens, J.McInerney, J.Bell, W.Gould, P.Ladhams, B.Campbell

IN: W.Gould, J.Bell, P.Ladhams, B.Campbell
OUT: B.Ronke (Medi-Sub)

MAGPIES
B: N.Murphy, D.Moore, J.Howe
HB: S.Pendlebury - C, I.Quaynor, J.Crisp
C: W.Hoskin-Elliott, B.Maynard, S.Sidebottom
HF: J.Elliott, A.Johnson, N.Daicos
F: B.McCreery, B.Mihocek, J.De Goey
FOLL: D.Cameron, J.Daicos, P.Lipinski

I/C (from): T.Bianco, J.Noble, O.Henry, C.Brown, W.Kelly, J.Ginnivan, J.Carmichael, M.Cox

IN: O.Henry, C.Brown, W.Kelly
OUT: None

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
The Swans up on the SCG in season 2022 is one of the hardest games to win for a visiting team, right up there with the Cats at Kardinia.

The Swans are firing on all cylinders looking every bit the premiership contender. Their tough contested ball winning ability and fierce attack on the ball carrier make them a force to be reckoned with. With the Big Bud roaming around up forward causing havoc and Papley crumbing everything in sight spells trouble for any opposition defense.

The Pies are well over-due for a loss and most likely will find it too tough to back up from the Demons game to fly interstate and compete seriously against another hardened opposition. I cannot in any sane state of mind expect the Pies to win again, they just cannot, it is impossible to maintain this level of fight and resilience. Eventually it has to take its toll and it should this weekend against a very worthy opponent.

I really cannot see Sydney losing this game. I just do not know how the Pies can find a way on the confined spaces of the SCG.

All rational discussion and prediction says the Swans convincingly. Which leads me to the only sane or insane prediction I can make really!

Pies by 1 point.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to go past Collingwood who often play their best footy interstate. They have belief and momentum and I think this will be their first win by double figures since round 15. Collingwood by 14 points.

The Swans up on the SCG in season 2022 is one of the hardest games to win for a visiting team, right up there with the Cats at Kardinia.

The Swans are firing on all cylinders looking every bit the premiership contender. Their tough contested ball winning ability and fierce attack on the ball carrier make them a force to be reckoned with. With the Big Bud roaming around up forward causing havoc and Papley crumbing everything in sight spells trouble for any opposition defense.

The Pies are well over-due for a loss and most likely will find it too tough to back up from the Demons game to fly interstate and compete seriously against another hardened opposition. I cannot in any sane state of mind expect the Pies to win again, they just cannot, it is impossible to maintain this level of fight and resilience. Eventually it has to take its toll and it should this weekend against a very worthy opponent.

I really cannot see Sydney losing this game. I just do not know how the Pies can find a way on the confined spaces of the SCG.

All rational discussion and prediction says the Swans convincingly. Which leads me to the only sane or insane prediction I can make really!

Pies by 1 point.
Enjoyed this preview, good read 👍

This is one part that I will disagree with; we’re actually not all that hard to play at the SCG. North very nearly beat us there in round 4, we lost to Brisbane and Gold Coast in back to back weeks, and had to come back from 6 goals down to only narrowly beat Richmond. Our recent wins there have been against weaker teams. So we don’t play the ground all that well at times and it’s not really a fortress for us. I’m usually more confident going in to games at Marvel or the MCG to be honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
I just do not know how the Pies can find a way on the confined spaces of the SCG.
Everyone says this, but it's the fourth widest footy field in the country and five metres shorter than the MCG.

It's definitely different, but "confined" is hardly the word.

Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Gotta ask the question, how the hell have these teams only met in Melbourne once in the past 13 years?!?! (And none since 2013!!)

Swans request a home game, and Pies request an away game to avoid further travel, and given both sides are requesting the same thing AFL schedules it.

We haven't had any double ups since the last year we played a return game in Melbourne.

Zevon did you snap some up to sell at a profit which you will ultimately fail at or will all seats be filled?
I tried, but I accidentally bought all the tickets to a Giants game instead. Do you think I’ll be able to on-sell all of those??

Jackington

Back Flank Battler
Sep 23, 2021
State of Constant Anxiety
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Gotta ask the question, how the hell have these teams only met in Melbourne once in the past 13 years?!?! (And none since 2013!!)
Used to have a marquee game at Olympic Park during the split rounds too, back before the expansion teams.

Collingwood attracts a huge crowd in Sydney, so it's good for the AFL, Sydney and even Collingwood, as they have a lot of fans there. Just makes sense (however takes away from the whole "equal and fair draw" thing)

AFL policy is to deny us access to the G.

Last edited:
Back