Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum Mills is the best two way runner in the AFL article by Cameron Ling added to today's media post

Swans Daily Media 8th August
That is an outstanding article by Ling. I know he himself played with a similar ethos as Mills (probably even more than Mills) so I'm not surprised he has a great respect for what Mills does, but I think it takes balls to publicly pay tribute to such a player knowing it's unlikely to attract the kind of clicks that articles about more flashy/character players will.

A few weeks ago I saw an article written about how good Dion Prestia is and how important he is to Richmond's game. The first and most-liked tweet underneath it said something like, "Who cares about Prestia? How many Richmond kids do you see wearing a number 3 guernsey?" Bone-head clearly decided because he'd made up his mind that Prestia wasn't worth reading about, that the article wasn't worth reading.

Clicks matter, and the footy journos adjust their writing accordingly, which is why you end up with fifty different articles on a small handful of players and very few on the rest.

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
After reaching out to a connection I have to the club to get some tickets for the Pies game, I was told to keep my eye out for a 'big announcement' from the club tomorrow. I think the only possibility it could be is that Kennedy will officially announce his retirement tomorrow but wait and see I guess?

franklin re-signing ... for a year?

After reaching out to a connection I have to the club to get some tickets for the Pies game, I was told to keep my eye out for a 'big announcement' from the club tomorrow. I think the only possibility it could be is that Kennedy will officially announce his retirement tomorrow but wait and see I guess?
I'm hoping its announcing Paddy has signed on for 5 more years :heart:

09AUG22: Swans Daily Media JPK/Mltiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I
I do think they are our six best young players but one of those six is not like the other ones...
If it was fair dinkum, The Chad would be first picked, as well as being captain (and coach, CEO and Chairman) - but doubtless Sam Walsh will get all the accolades. Being pick 1 affords certain privileges, as does playing for a Vic glamour club.

I

If it was fair dinkum, The Chad would be first picked, as well as being captain (and coach, CEO and Chairman) - but doubtless Sam Walsh will get all the accolades. Being pick 1 affords certain privileges, as does playing for a Vic glamour club.
I was more referring more to McInerney lol

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
That is an outstanding article by Ling. I know he himself played with a similar ethos as Mills (probably even more than Mills) so I'm not surprised he has a great respect for what Mills does, but I think it takes balls to publicly pay tribute to such a player knowing it's unlikely to attract the kind of clicks that articles about more flashy/character players will.

A few weeks ago I saw an article written about how good Dion Prestia is and how important he is to Richmond's game. The first and most-liked tweet underneath it said something like, "Who cares about Prestia? How many Richmond kids do you see wearing a number 3 guernsey?" Bone-head clearly decided because he'd made up his mind that Prestia wasn't worth reading about, that the article wasn't worth reading.

Clicks matter, and the footy journos adjust their writing accordingly, which is why you end up with fifty different articles on a small handful of players and very few on the rest.
He could always scrap the real footy insights and just rag on players like that troll cornes does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back