List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

If the AFL were serious about evening up the comp they’d fix the draft it’s compromised like the draw & the only way you even up is to not allow sides to leapfrog into a draft position they haven’t earned.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m torn on what we need the most. Obviously a gun mid is right near the top, but gee king looks like he needs a good partner up front, otherwise we will destroy his career. Cadman or Jefferson and take the best available kid at pick 30ish?
Sharman and/ or Hayes if Sharman is actually given a go to really develop his game forward. We’ve all seen he’s got the goods.

A tough mid has to be the priority.

Last edited:
If the AFL were serious about evening up the comp they’d fix the draft it’s compromised like the draw & the only way you even up is to not allow sides to leapfrog into a draft position they haven’t earned.

It's the double dip where Sydney managed to get Logan McDonald and Braeden Campbell, both top 5 picks. Then still got Gulden. We got Allison because we'd traded away our future topping up.

Thing is, they’re not - as we see with the “fixture” and how the father/son and academy picks work.

Lucky we managed to get our two last season….first lucky break we’ve had in years. Of course, won’t get it this year unfortunately.

First round will slide back one spot. Second and third will possible slide back 4
That's ok we will slide back one spot as well

Also too many sides carry players in the 2s who are 3rd or 4th in line until someone retires or they have a massive injury list,hence they carry players who should be playing seniors all clubs that do it.

Go through club list & you’ll find heaps especially KPP or midfielders playing 50-80 ressie games it’s a wasted career.

It's the double dip where Sydney managed to get Logan McDonald and Braeden Campbell, both top 5 picks. Then still got Gulden. We got Allison because we'd traded away our future topping up.
Not sure moving back 4 places in the most comprised draft in history equates to us trading away our future topping up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we got Windy and Owens before they changed the rules. If they go A grade it could turn our club around.

At least we got Windy and Owens before they changed the rules. If they go A grade it could turn our club around.

Still unfair that others have already received first round guns. Do Sydney still get theirs?

I have no problem with the northern academies. I want to see a strong NATIONAL competition and for that you need at least 2 teams per state and at least one in Tasmania who should receive exclusive access to thrir loval talent too.
And that's exactly how it was intended until the AFL caved to the moaning of the big Victorian clubs and ruined what was a good idea.
But it's over now. We got a couple of good looking kids just before the door slammed shut, and now everyone can stop their endless self pity and get over it FFS.

I have no problem with the northern academies. I want to see a strong NATIONAL competition and for that you need at least 2 teams per state and at least one in Tasmania who should receive exclusive access to thrir loval talent too.
And that's exactly how it was intended until the AFL caved to the moaning of the big Victorian clubs and ruined what was a good idea.
But it's over now. We got a couple of good looking kids just before the door slammed shut, and now everyone can stop their endless self pity and get over it FFS.
All good and well, but to see sides get concessions to start a club and then win a flag while we haven't for 56 years is a hard pill to swollow and then allow Tas in that will put us further back because the talent pool will go to them for maybe 3-5 years.

Think about it no access for top end tallent from when Tas comes in maybe 2025 so from 2024 until 2027 or 2028 nothing so unless your side is in the toop bracket at that time it's a long climb up.

All good and well, but to see sides get concessions to start a club and then win a flag while we haven't for 56 years is a hard pill to swollow and then allow Tas in that will put us further back because the talent pool will go to them for maybe 3-5 years.

Think about it no access for top end tallent from when Tas comes in maybe 2025 so from 2024 until 2027 or 2028 nothing so unless your side is in the toop bracket at that time it's a long climb up.
Yeah, I've thought about it.
Get over it.

We could always get the best recruiting staff in place so that we are more likely to get quality from what's left. Other clubs have been able to do it in the same environment. I don't think winning a premiership is a priority for them. Richmond wrote that they would have huge membership and a premierships and put a process in place. St Kilda does it twice and didn't actually do anything different other than say it. Mystery how it didn't work.

We better be planning for this or things could get really grim.

I don’t see it that way at all, two teams per state maybe you should have a look at what Brisbane said about a second team. Free hits no thanks, first right at a fair price yes.

Last edited:
I don’t see it that way at all, two teams per state maybe you should havea look at what Brisbane said about a second team. Free hits no thanks, first right at a fair price yes.
Then how do you expect them to populate their lists? Do you remember the Brisbane Bears? Not so good at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back