Rumour Carey v. Stevens II : The long awaited rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether or not this story is legit, I don't understand how some people will get "cancelled" for an offensive joke they made 20 years prior, but Carey can root his mate's wife, assault cops, glass a woman etc and still be forced into the face of every footy fan via endless media gigs.

Get to work, lefties.

Whether or not this story is legit, I don't understand how some people will get "cancelled" for an offensive joke they made 20 years prior, but Carey can root his mate's wife, assault cops, glass a woman etc and still be forced into the face of every footy fan via endless media gigs.

Get to work, lefties.

Carey should never be paid by the media given what he has done. He would be worse than 99% of current AFL players.

Carey should never be paid by the media given what he has done. He would be worse than 99% of current AFL players.
He’s actually a nice story of how you can turn your life around and become a better person. Not everyone has the easiest upbringing and if you don’t seek the right type of help that bleeds into your early years as an adult. I think it’s important that some people have examples like Carey who have gone down a bad path, and still managed to turn their life around.

He’s actually a nice story of how you can turn your life around and become a better person. Not everyone has the easiest upbringing and if you don’t seek the right type of help that bleeds into your early years as an adult. I think it’s important that some people have examples like Carey who have gone down a bad path, and still managed to turn their life around.

Has he though? If this rumour is true it sounds like he is still very much the same person that glassed that woman.

Everything about this ‘story’ seems overblown to be honest, as a local I can tell you that the two pubs aren’t exactly close to each other either.

Didn't the HS article mention that they had a beer together afterwards? Definitely overblown lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually comes across as borderline sociopath....quite a manipulative individual...and narcissistic.

I honestly get the same vibe off Jordan De Goey tbh

Maybe cause he couldn't satisfy his wifey in bed, let's be brurally honest, Carey wasn't the only North teammate Kel slept with (allegedly), Duck was the only one unlucky to be caught in the act.

From an pragmatic, non emotional biased perspective I think North should have booted Stevens and his wife out of the club instead of Carey

Chicken (Ricky Nixon) knows what really went down, I think Carey is a pig and trash for later off field incidents, but I do believe he copped the rough end of the pineapple knowing what I know of Kel and and her mattress surfing antics.
Footballers are human, much the same as Aker, Fevola, Carmen, Jacko etc you cannot keep difficult teammates at the club and just expect everyone to carry on.

Footballers are human, much the same as Aker, Fevola, Carmen, Jacko etc you cannot keep difficult teammates at the club and just expect everyone to carry on.

In Fev's case, he is just a big dumb kid with ADD, and had problem with alcohol.

David Parkin admittedly years later the footy club let Fev get away with too much antics and boozing when he first arrived in 1999.

Aker was selfish and toxic AF.

Ablett Snr is an interesting one.

Apparently under Blightly, he was allowed to skip training when he felt like it, something Gary Ayres tried to put a stop to when he became coach in 1995, which put the two at loggerheads (so I heard)

Its extraordinary to think he could have been an even better footballer if he had a better training/work ethic.

In Fev's case, he is just a big dumb kid with ADD, and had problem with alcohol.

David Parkin admittedly years later the footy club let Fev get away with too much antics and boozing when he first arrived in 1999.

Aker was selfish and toxic AF.

Ablett Snr is an interesting one.

Apparently under Blightly, he was allowed to skip training when he felt like it, something Gary Ayres tried to put a stop to when he became coach in 1995, which put the two at loggerheads (so I heard)

Its extraordinary to think he could have been an even better footballer if he had a better training/work ethic.
I find it interesting that Ablett couldn’t handle the discipline at Hawthorn, but flourished at Geelong. Geelong won the battle, but wow did Hawthorn win the war.

David Parkin admittedly years later the footy club let Fev get away with too much antics and boozing when he first arrived in 1999

I do remember reading after Fev left, a comment from a member of the football department about how it was a relief to lose stuff like Fev having a go at other players for doing extra gym sessions, etc etc.

That is one issue with making allowances for talented players.

I find it interesting that Ablett couldn’t handle the discipline at Hawthorn, but flourished at Geelong. Geelong won the battle, but wow did Hawthorn win the war.

Bur Geelong got a couple of flags later on with Ablett's amazing offspring, so maybe it ended up as a draw in the end (such a shame Junior had to go to Gold Coast to financially support his family, esp his brothers and sisters, Geelong definitely would have won 2 more flags imo if he stayed at the Catters)

Bur Geelong got a couple of flags later on with Ablett's amazing offspring, so maybe it ended up as a draw in the end (such a shame Junior had to go to Gold Coast to financially support his family, esp his brothers and sisters, Geelong definitely would have won 2 more flags imo if he stayed at the Catters)

Its possible Geelong would have got him with their 1st or 2nd or 3rd pick. There wasnt a huge hype around him as a F/S, and he took a few years to lose the laziness and actually put in effort.

Sounds remarkably like his Dad.

Stevens lining up an open off balance Carey at 100mph and just bouncing off him is still one of the funniest things to this day
I thought the banner in the stands of "Lunch Cutter" taken down by security was the pinnacle point of the might.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back