Preview Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Sunday 14th August @SCG - The Birds of a Feather Knock Out Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under no circumstances should we be considering Wicks, did we not learn last time? Would rather play Campbell if we so absolutely need a change, I wouldn’t change the side

B09A1FE6-9890-4F34-A764-56F1CE92FDD9.gif
Breaking News !!
Found this video of a woman in black shorts tripping over a chain link fence. Note the colour of the shorts. Black!!! And if I’m not mistaken, Collingwood also wears black shorts. I think this is a good omen 💁

I do however think she could be Dane‘s sister, which may unfortunately complicate the omens power of prediction. 🤔
Time will tell …

Last edited:
It's taken quite a while for anyone to call out my hypocrisy. Well played si
Re: matchups.

Clarke to Daicos or Crisp in that order, if they lineup at half back. Hayward on Howe if he starts intercepting everything.

Mills on JDG - not a full on tag, but he's the one who can play mid and down back.

Backline:
Fox - Johnson
Rampe - Mihocek
Tom Mc - Cox/Cameron
Florent - Jamie Elliot
Paddy - the ball when it comes into D50 at any height
Florent will have his hands full with Elliot on the prowl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually reckon the media has been kinda condescending to Collingwood. The continual "How are they doing it!" and "When will it end?!" rhetoric suggests they're also aware they're on an incredible lucky streak.

Media treats them with the faux admiration of a parent saying "Wow! That's amazing!" when their child does a piece of art that looks like absolute trash.
I just want the Swans to whack Collingwood with a six goal win and show everyone that we are likely grand finalists

On the flipside I think Reid would blanket Moore just as much. I reckon that match-up would be a win for us going into the game.

I think a few of our forwards should be tasked with more defensive roles than usual.

If Reid can take Moore out of the game, McDonald can force Howe up the ground, and Clarke can shut down Daicos, it would completely dry up their intercept game. Quaynor will likely have to play on Heeney.

Their defence is their most valuable asset, and I think we've got good forward match-ups for most of their rebounding playmakers.
Is that you Pyke?

St Kilda’s dvd celebrating 10 wins in row has been eclipsed. YouTube has a clip posted of the final minute from the Pies last 11 games.

Hopefully there isn’t a 12th minute added after this week.
To be fair, if the Swans were doing what the Magpies are doing I'd want to watch on high repeat as well.

It's now Tuesday, which is a slight improvement on it being Monday.

But we haven't had a peep out of Titus O'Reily for over a week now, so it's a slog.
Titus is ill

Goldstein isn't the ruck he used to be but Hickey made him look very second rate. There were also a few players down on form but this 22 has enough runs on the board I wouldn't be making any unforced changes
Goldstein had actually been in really good form up until the weekend. I always thought a fit Hickey could have an impact around the ground. Didn't expect him to win the hitouts as well though. He's back.

Can't wait for Darcy to tell me about the SCG's small size and unusual ground dimensions on sunday.

Kooks.
Pardon my lack knowledge of Fox Footy shows.
In about the last month, just after game show (not the Sunday one) - there was Gerard Healy sitting in the centre, at a table and chair setting. There was mention of the size of the SCG - sitting, Gerard put out his right arm and said the wing is a metre narrower either side of the ground saying "that's how far". Then getting up from his chair (I think knocking over the chair) and took 2 steps to the left of the screen saying the ground was this much shorter.
Blow, :think::(:mad: I wish I could remember which show.

Pardon my lack knowledge of Fox Footy shows.
In about the last month, just after game show (not the Sunday one) - there was Gerard Healy sitting in the centre, at a table and chair setting. There was mention of the size of the SCG - sitting, Gerard put out his right arm and said the wing is a metre narrower either side of the ground saying "that's how far". Then getting up from his chair (I think knocking over the chair) and took 2 steps to the left of the screen saying the ground was this much shorter.
Blow, :think::(:mad: I wish I could remember which show.
Was probably on Fox Footy Live which airs after the Friday night game. 3 people sitting around the table including Gerard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back