If you had to live the rest of your life in another country, where would you choose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not returning?
Nope, just much better here IMO with so many different places right next door, i can drive anywhere in Europe/Tukey CIS region so easily. Plus the tax bracket i am in, suits me too. I lived in Sweden for a few years as my wife is Swedish, paid 60%+ in taxes. Never again. The only thing i miss about Australia is the footy and the cricket.

Either way, where do you plan to live?

Nope, just much better here IMO with so many different places right next door, i can drive anywhere in Europe/Tukey CIS region so easily. Plus the tax bracket i am in, suits me too. I lived in Sweden for a few years as my wife is Swedish, paid 60%+ in taxes. Never again. The only thing i miss about Australia is the footy and the cricket.

Either way, where do you plan to live?
I guess I’ll be staying here. Wife is European funnily enough but been here for a long time. Could definitely move if the right environment eventuates. In the extreme cold, what do you wear day today day?

I guess I’ll be staying here. Wife is European funnily enough but been here for a long time. Could definitely move if the right environment eventuates. In the extreme cold, what do you wear day today day?
I am used to it, a few layers and Jack Wolfskin or Napapjiri jackets does the trick for me. The problem is the bloody face. When it's -15 and windy , then **** me. It burns your face, lips, nose everything. So masks for the last couple of years, werent the worst thing lol in winter.

Indoors we have heating, it's comfortable.

I am used to it, a few layers and Jack Wolfskin or Napapjiri jackets does the trick for me. The problem is the bloody face. When it's -15 and windy , then **** me. It burns your face, lips, nose everything. So masks for the last couple of years, werent the worst thing lol in winter.

Indoors we have heating, it's comfortable.
I miss summer Christmas and the beaches, that's about it. Oh a good bakery pie too.

I miss summer Christmas and the beaches, that's about it. Oh a good bakery pie too.
I really do not miss summer Christmas, ever since i have seen Christmas in winter it's very romantic and very scenic and if it snows it's even better. Exploring the markets in Budapest, Berlin, Bruge , Brussels, Prague etc, with some warm wine, you just get that vibe i have seen in the movies growing up! Santa in a singlet never really appealed to me lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back