Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it though? As I said, we traded Cameron for pick 12, same point in their careers, similar players. Rankine has arguably more potential than Cameron did, but Cameron was much more proven than Rankine is. What about Rankine makes him worth a pick higher than anyone else has gotten in the past?

Ricciuto isn’t our list manager either btw.

If GWS and Sydney need to get a deal done, and we’re the ones that facilitate that, they will make the deal. Clubs aren’t charities, if we have a player they want, they will make the deal. And at the end of the day we’re not here to make friends, other clubs have raided our list for talent constantly for the last 15 years, no one did us any favours then.

But still, no one has explained for me why we’d be being unreasonable to suggest that pick 4 is overs given the trades we’ve had to make in the past?
Rankine and Cameron aren’t like for like. If you’re going to try and argue that they’re similar value wise, we can probably just park the discussion there.

Rankine and Cameron aren’t like for like. If you’re going to try and argue that they’re similar value wise, we can probably just park the discussion there.
Why aren’t they?

Both had played 4 seasons.

Both were rumoured to be on similar money.

Both were small forwards with the potential to be the top small forward in the game and become 40-50 goal a year players. Cameron has done that, he’s an AA and 3 team leading goal kicker in a top four side.

Admittedly, Rankine’s ceiling is potentially higher, and I think we will trial him in the midfield if we get him. However, Rankine is nowhere near the proven player Cameron was. Charlie had been best 22 in a top 4-8 side for 3 years. He was coming off a 6 goal prelim final and was one of our best players in both the losing 2016 SF and 2017 GF. Izak has done nothing to suggest he’s anywhere near the guaranteed star that Charlie was when he left.

Don’t just tell me I’m being ridiculous comparing Rankine and Cameron, show me why.

Can someone please post a pic of LDU, seriously I don’t know what he looks like. If he walked passed me wouldn’t have a clue …… sorry!

1002267.png

No it isn’t foolish, it’s a great example of many of the Hawks posters in here going way too early. You yourself have posted multiple times about how Worpel is elite etc etc and now you’ve gone mute about the Worpedo because he has gone backwards 🤣
Worpel has some good talents, his inside game for example, however he’s regressed badly, no one was wrong in 2019 but the things we were praising him for he’s not doing anymore, a lot has to do with body and body shape (isn’t as agile and quick I’ve noticed)

However Newcombe has a much deeper kit bag and ceiling wise is a fair way ahead. They’re not comparable players either. That’s why it’s foolish.

The fact that Newcombe had his career-best game against LDU doesn't make him a better player. He had 11 effective disposals the next week. Had that performance come a week earlier would you be saying the opposite and that LDU was better?

Newcombe copped a hard tag from the very impressive Windhager who absolutely destroyed Kelly the week before and still found 20 touches and 2 goals.

Don't think oppo coaches rate LDU enough to tag him. Haven't seen him handle a hard tag yet. Even we unleashed Finn on Simpkin.

No doubt will start to get some attention soon but pretty damning he was well beat by a guy two years his junior head to head. From a MSD pick no less.

No it isn’t foolish, it’s a great example of many of the Hawks posters in here going way too early. You yourself have posted multiple times about how Worpel is elite etc etc and now you’ve gone mute about the Worpedo because he has gone backwards 🤣
Not sure you're one to criticise going too early. You're batting about 0 from 8 as far as predictions in this thread goes...

Why aren’t they?

Both had played 4 seasons.

Both were rumoured to be on similar money.

Both were small forwards with the potential to be the top small forward in the game and become 40-50 goal a year players. Cameron has done that, he’s an AA and 3 team leading goal kicker in a top four side.

Admittedly, Rankine’s ceiling is potentially higher, and I think we will trial him in the midfield if we get him. However, Rankine is nowhere near the proven player Cameron was. Charlie had been best 22 in a top 4-8 side for 3 years. He was coming off a 6 goal prelim final and was one of our best players in both the losing 2016 SF and 2017 GF. Izak has done nothing to suggest he’s anywhere near the guaranteed star that Charlie was when he left.

Don’t just tell me I’m being ridiculous comparing Rankine and Cameron, show me why.
You clearly can’t think rationally. Maybe it’s because you’re coming from a place of bias. Cameron was your player, whilst Rankine is the player you’re hoping to acquire. I personally think you got overs for Cameron at the time (I know many Crow supporters feel this sentiment, no surprises with Noble) however it worked out to be a good trade for both parties because Cameron has really come on.

Rankine has very special attributes. Attributes that could put him into the top 5-10 players in the game. Cameron did not. Rankine was also pick 2 a couple years ago with multiple years of development into him, which factors in (regardless of whether you want to believe that). There were multiple deals last year that were similar in that players went for similar picks that they were drafted for - Cerra, CCJ as examples.

Yet, you can’t understand how Rankine isn’t worth pick 4… Lol

Newcombe copped a hard tag from the very impressive Windhager who absolutely destroyed Kelly the week before and still found 20 touches and 2 goals.

Don't think oppo coaches rate LDU enough to tag him. Haven't seen him handle a hard tag yet. Even we unleashed Finn on Simpkin.

No doubt will start to get some attention soon but pretty damning he was well beat by a guy two years his junior head to head. From a MSD pick no less.
The every impressive 19 year old Windhager*

Hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. I think you are the one that is going to early, son. The only I’ll concede on is Lewis and Comben (for now), but I’m still confident Comben becomes the better player.
Lmao not even you could possibly believe this.

Disagree. I think you are the one that is going to early, son. The only I’ll concede on is Lewis and Comben (for now), but I’m still confident Comben becomes the better player.

From loose memory, predictions you've made in this thread:
  • North will finish higher than Hawthorn in 2022
  • Thomas will be All Australian in 2022
  • Lewis will be delisted
  • Comben will be better than Lewis
  • There is a gaping chasm in talent between Larkey and Lewis
  • Thomas is worth more than Moore and Scrimshaw combined
  • Powell is a significantly better player than Newcombe
Meanwhile, every call I've made in this thread has so far been spot on (with me most vocal regarding Lewis). The only one I've gotten wrong is I suggested that Thomas would finish runner up in your B&F behind Simpkin this year (I also voted for North in the poll which is not looking great but there's time on that one).

From loose memory, predictions you've made in this thread:
  • North will finish higher than Hawthorn in 2022
  • Thomas will be All Australian in 2022
  • Lewis will be delisted
  • Comben will be better than Lewis
  • There is a gaping chasm in talent between Larkey and Lewis
  • Thomas is worth more than Moore and Scrimshaw combined
  • Powell is a significantly better player than Newcombe
Meanwhile, every call I've made in this thread has so far been spot on (with me most vocal regarding Lewis). The only one I've gotten wrong is I suggested that Thomas would finish runner up in your B&F behind Simpkin this year (I also voted for North in the poll which is not looking great but there's time on that one).
First two are obvious misses. The Lewis delisting, although I don’t remember saying it, does make me laugh.

The rest I still believe.

Cheers

You clearly can’t think rationally. Maybe it’s because you’re coming from a place of bias. Cameron was your player, whilst Rankine is the player you’re hoping to acquire. I personally think you got overs for Cameron at the time (I know many Crow supporters feel this sentiment, no surprises with Noble) however it worked out to be a good trade for both parties because Cameron has really come on.

Rankine has very special attributes. Attributes that could put him into the top 5-10 players in the game. Cameron did not. Rankine was also pick 2 a couple years ago with multiple years of development into him, which factors in (regardless of whether you want to believe that). There were multiple deals last year that were similar in that players went for similar picks that they were drafted for - Cerra, CCJ as examples.

Yet, you can’t understand how Rankine isn’t worth pick 4… Lol

I don’t think the pick you took them at has as much impact as you claim. Were you to redraft that draft Rankine would sit at about 7, and again, that’s on potential, not performance so far.

Charlie Cameron had elite speed, elite evasiveness, he was an elite tackler, very good one on one and although it wasn’t quite Rankine levels, had the ability to kick goals from anywhere. He also showed an aggressiveness and physicality that I’m yet to see from Rankine. On top of that, he had proven himself as being a big game performer, even when his teammates were letting him down like the 2017 GF. What he’s done at Brisbane was not a surprise to anyone at the Crows. You may not believe me but I distinctly remember saying, and hearing the same from many others, that if we had to pick which player out of Cameron and Lever we’d have preferred stayed, we’d have picked Cameron.

What are the attributes that Rankine has shown, that Cameron hadn’t?

Btw given the way you’ve overrated some of your own talent, and underrated a lot of other teams talent in this thread, I don’t think you get to throw stones about bias.

I don’t think the pick you took them at has as much impact as you claim. Were you to redraft that draft Rankine would sit at about 7, and again, that’s on potential, not performance so far.

Charlie Cameron had elite speed, elite evasiveness, he was an elite tackler, very good one on one and although it wasn’t quite Rankine levels, had the ability to kick goals from anywhere. He also showed an aggressiveness and physicality that I’m yet to see from Rankine. On top of that, he had proven himself as being a big game performer, even when his teammates were letting him down like the 2017 GF. What he’s done at Brisbane was not a surprise to anyone at the Crows. You may not believe me but I distinctly remember saying, and hearing the same from many others, that if we had to pick which player out of Cameron and Lever we’d have preferred stayed, we’d have picked Cameron.

Btw given the way you’ve overrated some of your own talent, and underrated a lot of other teams talent in this thread, I don’t think you get to throw stones about bias.
Well it does as it’s been used in multiple recent negotiations as a value point. I haven’t heard of “where they would be taken in a redraft” being used in a negotiation, perhaps it’s a south Australian thing.

Rankine has shown many of the same attributes that Cameron has, sure, however the common belief amongst many neutrals would be that Rankine has the higher ceiling and is capable of being better in nearly all of those attributes, then Charlie.

It’s a strange argument. You’re trying to validate why Rankine isn’t worth pick 4, whilst I disagree. He absolutely is worth that IMO, hence why you’re paying him 4 or 5 years at 850k.

Also this is unrelated to me an the Hawk nuffies beef, they have enough of their own cavalry on their knees.

What’s a joke is you trying to bring your flirting into this thread and getting ignored 🤣
Dude you’re obsessed, give it a break. You’ve got s**t takes with footy and even shitter takes and jokes outside of it.

“Powell over Newcombe 🥴
“Flirting 🥴🥴🥴

He couldn't disprove Cameron value is similar to Rankine, because the stats say Cameron was better when he left.
Without evidence all he has was his biased opinion attempting to win a pretty weak argument.

That's not even to mention the fact Cameron was contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back